It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
What a perfect example LMAO!!!

... it's amazing to me that ANYONE would ponder the question "What country begins with U"? This is basic, basic knowledge. Utah!?!?!?

I'm not sure how you meant that, but the guy in the video answered Utah.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XBadger
Sorry dumbass, they were in Washington, not New York. I guess these Americans aren't the only ones who don't know Geography

Well seeing as all American cities look the same
...Not quite the same thing as thinking Aus is Koreas now is it?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Low Blow? It isn't Americans who are prowling Australian streets looking for people to humiliate. I am not saying that the Australia is insignificant. Rather, I am saying that the fact that Australians think the average American should know their political leader displays a far greater ignorance of world affairs than not knowing who is in charge of a certain country.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What? all American cities do not look the same, what the heck pictures are you looking at?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
ANOK, maybe all American cities do look alike, but you can tell because he is standing in front of the White House, which (I may add) is an image in your avatar. Ohh well.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
PS Resist -- I have a brother who was in Iraq, and don't totally agree with the way the war has played out. So we have something in common there. And yes, I like to think of him as more than cannon fodder.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by XBadger]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When we first removed the television is was horrible for the first month. Serious withdrawal from all of the kids. It's been 3 years now. They learn to do other things and I've noticed that they act like themselves instead of some character on TV. Children tend to mimic what they see. They read a lot more and observe more. I recommend it to anyone that has children, especially young children.

As an American I can honestly say that I have very limited contact with intelligent people. (That's why I'm on this board). One exception would be my husband, but he's from Germany.

A large percentage of Americans don't really care about expanding their intelligence beyond whatever it is someone else is telling them (if they retain that much). All they really need to know is go to work, buy an SUV, put a 'Support Our Troops' sticker on it, pay bills & taxes, whine about paying bills & taxes, drink some beer. Stereotyping? No, that's the majority of what I see.

It's sad, but I can see why the people of other Nations think Americans are stupid.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by sky1]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Who is walking Australian streets and humiliating people ??

[edit on 25-1-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Australian is walking in American streets trying to find Americans to humiliate. I am saying that there are no Americans going to Perth to do the same thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
xbadger...

Do you mean tourists are doing this ? I have not heard.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The original video that started this thread was an Australian broadcast.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey! Hey! watch this, this is hillarous.... Im sorry but the guy putting the flag in Australia had me rolling, lol.

www.youtube.com...

THIS IS FUNNY!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The fact that it was an Australian broadcast was only reason I singled out Australia in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah well I think people are equally as stupid and ignorant the world over.

Just as they are equally rude, bigoted, egocentric and ethnocentric.

The Chaser's War on Everthing makes fun of everything.

At the end of the day if these people are really that stupid they deserve to be laughed at. I think they are pathetic sheeple.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry dumbass, they were in Washington, not New York. I guess these Americans aren't the only ones who don't know Geography

If you payed closer attention you would realize that they were in multiple cities. There are many clues to this in the video as well, including the accents, and the architecture. Not to mention that at around eight minutes, and ten seconds the interviewer states that he is on the streets of Texas.

Personally, I recognized both Hollywood Blvd, and the strand in Venice Ca as well. Unless of course you are to tell me that those 50 ft palm trees behind some of the people interviewed are in D.C.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Accents?? Are you serious? You don't think the people standing in front of the tour bus might be . . . . . on vacation?

EDIT -- Sorry I didn't make it 8 minutes through. So they are in Texas and CA. Still though, no NYC, so my point stands correct.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by XBadger]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Accents?? Are you serious? You don't think the people standing in front of the tour bus might be . . . . . on vacation?

Serious as a heart attack. When you see people in the same location, all with texas accents, who happen to be surrounded by blue Dallas Cowboy stars, then there is a good chance that the scene is being shot in Texas.

EDIT -- Sorry I didn't make it 8 minutes through. So they are in Texas and CA. Still though, no NYC, so my point stands correct.

No, you stated that they were in Washington, then called someone a dumbass and questioned their "geography" skills. Then you went on to say that all U.S cities look alike, which couldn't be further from the truth. Funny really, especially when you do not even recognize major cities from your own country, which you are trying to defend. Odd how you ended up looking just like the people in the video huh?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Not all Americans are that dumb, but alot are. It get harder and harder everyday to carry on an intellegent conversation with the average person.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thing is my American friends, instead of getting defensive and taking it all so personally, you should be appalled at the state of education in your country, whether it's any worse or any better than anywhere else.

Yes there are ignorant people everywhere but it's America that's trying to tell the rest of the world that it's the country to emulate, and it's system of government/democracy etc. is the one we should all follow.

And it's the gullibility of the average person that is allowing this to happen.
Look how many people still buy the official story of 9-11...

Instead of getting defensive face the facts, and do something about it!!

Btw I'm half American on my fathers side, from Albany NY, should half of me be upset about my American half being made fun of? No I find it both hilarious and appalling.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Instead of getting defensive face the facts, and do something about it!!

There is nothing to be done about it, that's the great thing about America. Who am I to tell people to be more intelligent? Or are you suggesting that we all report for re-education?

We live in a society where someone has the choice to be an idiot or not. Even with all the pitfalls of a public education, Americans still have access to volumes of knowledge that most can not dream of.

Besides the opportunity, we also have the choice, as displayed in the video. Like I said, who am I to tell people to be smarter? God bless freedom!

[edit on 26-1-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join