It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OMFG!!! You have to check this out... i didnt know there was people that is this stupid!! ROFL!!

www.fz.se...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This has been around for a while now. I'm wondering how heavily it's been edited though, they don't show you the people that did know what they were talking about.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
man, that is bad, even though it was probably edited like you said.

i like the one about, name a country beginning with u, and they did not know that there country begins with u.

i have said many times that most people are just here to breed and consume, thats all they are capable of and understand. and is 90% of americans fat or what, do they all get fat after they leave school or something.

how the hell do people not know about austrailia is not north korea.

the best one - where was the berlin wall? long pause.... doh

lol

has this been on jon stewert or colbert show.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am an american. I love my country, but I have said for quite some time that intellectually, Americans are not as smart as they like to think they are. Hell, 60% of the population has admitted to never having read a book!!

[edit on 25-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As much as this saddens me, it saddens me even greater that there are individuals who have the same intelect here in the UK and probably in every country that exists.

It would be prudent to have an exam before qualifying to vote, the world would be a far safer place.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

SpeakerofTruth posted on 25-1-2007 at 04:17 PM

I am an american. I love my country, but I have said for quite some time that intellectually, Americans are not as smart as they like to think they are. Hell, 60% of the population has admitted to never having read a book!!

That is a really scary thought....

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i thought americans build themselves up as being educated, and all that. i can understand old folks not knowing some stuff, but the younger ones should at least know something.

plus if 60% of americans have not read a book, thats shocking.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
i thought americans build themselves up as being educated, and all that. i can understand old folks not knowing some stuff, but the younger ones should at least know something.

plus if 60% of americans have not read a book, thats shocking.

I would say that stat is a bit of a generalisation to say the least.

The real concern is that these people, without question, put there trust in the system and media.

They accept generalisations and base their votes on them.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Americans aren't to blame for their stupidity, the TV has numbed and dumbed them down using very clever consumerism techniques that the average Joe Blow on the street has no defence against. If you listen to anything on American TV they use this little trick whereby everything is related back to something simple.

For example if the TV show is a science one and something like a Vortex is being explained, the shows host will invariably come out with a laymanning of the explanation like this...it works just like your toilet.

This is the learning technique implemented, to dumb things down for the average man which inevitably turns the consumer into a stupid person who has to relate everything they say into a parallel meaning and thus stupidifying everything.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What bothered me the most, as an American, is that American people will blindly follow their government.

I'm sure you have your morons everywhere and the people that answered the questions correctly, of course, weren't filmed, but it's amazing to me that ANYONE would ponder the question "What country begins with U"? This is basic, basic knowledge. Utah!?!?!?

As for the 60% of Americans not reading a book....I can believe it just based on how many people I personally know that don't read. In fact, kids at school actually make fun of my daughter because she reads as a form of entertainment.

Then again, we don't permit television in our home. We are a very technologically advanced family as we do cyber security as well as build video games, but TV is a no-no.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by sky1]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Im sure If you go to certain social sectors in ANY country, take 40 people and ask them questions most people SHOULD know, I could create any 'a-typical' sector.

I happen to think the USA has some of the smartest and most unique people on the face of the earth.

To base your assumption of AMERICA on this is pretty short.

This is another result of the evolution of society though, the decrease in standards in public schools.

Yesterdays parents didnt care. They were the knew breed of society, with music, drugs, alcohol, welfare..., so how the hell are they going to parent theyre kids?
I see the young typical american public school student come home, to find his mom on welfare, smoking cigerettes and watching American Idol, or Oprah not giving a DAMN about there childs education, or life for that matter.

What % of American childeren go to private schools?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocker

It would be prudent to have an exam before qualifying to vote, the world would be a far safer place.

I have said the same many,many times. i think a person should at least be able to pass a civics test before they are eligible to vote. People here in the states live under the illusion that the President is this end-all decision make.. anyone who has a 6th grade understanding of civics knows that that is simply not the case. Congress is the ultimate law maker in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I see the young typical american public school student come home, to find his mom on welfare, smoking cigerettes and watching American Idol, or Oprah not giving a DAMN about there childs education, or life for that matter.

Unfortunately, Agit8dchop, that is true. It took me many years to become grateful that my parents, God bless their spirits, did have concern for my education.

I can remember when I was a kid, I actually resented the fact that my mother and father took concern in how I was doing in school,both academically and personally. I can remember a good friend of mine saying, "You know, you should be proud that your parents take such concern some don't." I was too young then to realize. However, many years later,I can clearly see what he meant looking at today's society. It's a mess.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I should add that this is the second time Chaser News has done something like this.

The first time I can remember them asking a guy if he knew what KFC stood for( poor dude had no idea), who doesn't know Kentucky Fried Chicken.?

note: a good percentage of Australians are no better, when it comes to things like this.

Truly sad.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
weird, i thought i clicked on the anti austrailian board, but i ended up here on the anti american forum

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh dear ... now I'm so ashamed!

Just hope my UK friends don't get a hold of this ... they will use it to their advantage for sure!

On a serious note, yes I agree we ALL should have a test. I’m sorry but learning about the branches of government and the world map when your nine years old just will not cut it. I wouldn’t want to know a nine year old that cared at that age!

What I am trying to say that some of these (the questions asked) are taught when our children are so young they couldn’t possibly care or remember! Maybe a test every five years of our lives will keep us up to par would work.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MicheleLee

I’m sorry but learning about the branches of government and the world map when your nine years old just will not cut it. I wouldn’t want to know a nine year old that cared at that age!

I cared at that age. Of course, I was raised in a little bit different environment than most kids are.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What a perfect example LMAO!!!

... it's amazing to me that ANYONE would ponder the question "What country begins with U"? This is basic, basic knowledge. Utah!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
LMAO @ the berlin wall being in israel, for gods sake lol
but anyways they most likely asked a heck of a lot more people and these were the ones caught off guard, you could do that in any country not just america, that was some laugh though

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Im sure If you go to certain social sectors in ANY country, take 40 people and ask them questions most people SHOULD know, I could create any 'a-typical' sector.

I happen to think the USA has some of the smartest and most unique people on the face of the earth.

To base your assumption of AMERICA on this is pretty short.

Have to totally agree with you there. You'll get quite different answers doing those interviews in a university town like Palo Alto, CA (Stanford) than you will in a place specifically chosen to make the people look dumb.

Try the same thing in the UK, Australia, France, russia, china, pick a country and I'm sure you'll find a significant population of don't know/don't care people.

Not saying this isn't sad, though, but the quality of education has declined quite a bit between when I went to school and when my kids went through school - especially in reading, writing and other (hate to use the term) liberal arts. Seems like they touch on more subjects but don't delve deeply enough into any of them to gain a real understanding.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by centurion1211]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join