It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel entrance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I Found this Pic over on the Google Earth site, and thought I'd post it here and get peoples opinions on it.

external image

Its west of Area51, the co-ordinates are

37 degrees 08'19.00"N
116 degrees 46'23.94"W

Theres what appears to be pipes/tubes, next to it, and along the roads at various intervals, so its probably innocent pipe laying work?

But it could be connected to Area51 in some way?

just wanted to get peoples opinions on it really.

[edit on 12/2/2006 by ukmicky1980]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited for oversized pic

[edit on 19/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Actualy that makes a lot of sense to have a tunnel network around Area 51, If your going to move equipment and supplies in such a secured location why do it where every tom dick and harry can spot you? Do it underground so that you can have some anonimity. Good find
I don't know if it is connected to Area 51 but it is interesting.

The North Koreans did this same thing durring that war, probably where we got the idea from.

sip

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Excellent picture. Is it still within the restricted area or just in a remote area?

sip

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The answer is obvious. It's right in front of your eyes. Look at the picture! Use critical thinking skills.

This picture shows a project to install culverts at points in the road where water drainage channels cross. The pipes will prevent storm runoff from washing out the road.

sip

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The answer is obvious. It's right in front of your eyes. Look at the picture! Use critical thinking skills.

This picture shows a project to install culverts at points in the road where water drainage channels cross. The pipes will prevent storm runoff from washing out the road.

Ah that was obvious. Curse my lack of drainage/piping skills . Thanks Shadowhawk.

sip

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Culverts, indeed. Good observation. Analyzing satellite imagery can be quite difficult, but obvious once you realize what you're looking at.

Let's also take into account that this constuction project is over 50 MILES from Groom Lake. It would seem very unlikely that they would create a tunnel this far away from the Groom Lake. Of course, there are tunnels in Japan and the Chunnel in Europe that are 50 miles long so many more tunnels like them are possible.

If I built a tunnel fifty miles away from Groom Lake it would probably start in an aircraft hanger or large warehouse building. That way it would be hidden from Satellite imagery. After all, most tunnels are easily identified from satellite images e.g. Cheyenne Mountain.

Anyway, great find ukmicky1980.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Cobra1982]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
w0w thats a good find im new here but thats one the most intresting picutures ive seen all day maybe it does lead to area 51 hmmm i dont know but nice find

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as an underground shuttle/tunnel system I think the exits/entrances would be offlimit to everyone except to the people that already know! In other words your chances of accidently spotting one is virtually nill! Think about this: Why would the US or any government go to such great lenghts of designing an underground system if it was easily accessible? Does not make sense does it?!

Having said that and according to some articles I have read most entrances/exits are located at the basement levels of government buildings/facilities, sand quaries/mining facilities, corporate/national laboraties, hospitals, airports...etc! I would definitely stay away from these places. Even if you do manage to "stumble" across an entrance chances are you would not live to tell about it!

new topics

top topics

join