It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellon's Sourced To FDA Approved Pesticide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I just read a very disturbing article that possibly sources the Morgellon's disease as deriving from a meat and vegitable pesticide that was approved by the FDA and was being sprayed on meat and vegetables beginning about August 2006 (I will leave to speculation if a similar strain was being sprayed on foods before this date).

It states,

The viruses are known as bacteriophages, viruses that kill bacteria, or phages for short. Phages have been around a long time, living as parasites inside many bacteria.

Intralytix uses biotechnology to grow viral phages in a culture with Listeria, in theory teaching the viruses to recognize the bacteria. The FDA-approved cocktail contains six different viruses intended to attack one strain of bacteria.

This mixture is then sprayed on food. If Listeria is present in the food, the bacteria will ingest the viruses. This results in massive viral replication inside the bacteria, until such point as the bacteria simply bursts. This battle results in significant production of bacterial poisons called “endotoxins”, as the bacteria tries to defend itself. When the bacteria burst, these endotoxins are released. These, along with the victorious live viruses, will now be on the food that will be eaten, ingested into the human body.

Further,

"Unlike pharmaceuticals, which must go through a series of pre-market approvals, finished dietary supplements need no pre-market approval. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), which is part of the Food and Cosmetic Act, only ingredients not marketed in the US before October 1994 must be approved by FDA before use in consumer products.

Finally,

"The above is the "tip" of the iceberg. There are now many, many thousands of Moregellons victims across the globe. And the numbers are growing daily. The disease is "unknown" by the CDC, and was instructed by certain members of Congress last July to form a health team to immediately study the findings and report back to them. As yet, the CDC has not come to any conclusion as to what is causing Morgellons. However, some of the proof is in. "

Scary? Absolutely!

[edit on 19-10-2006 by OnTheDeck]

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OTD,
Interesting and scary.
These bacteriophages have only been used since 06 as far as we know.Maybe they were in the "field testing" stage for years before that.(Morgellons appeared before summer 06 i think).
Find out where the field testing was done,then compare to areas with high rates of Morgellons.
I bet if the disease has anything to do with the pesticide or pharma industry,this story will be covered up or discredited.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just found this:

www.rcpeh.com...

(trying hard not to swear,a la the rules)
**@@* Great ,just great...they are at it in the UK as well,not on food though-in the water,FAN heffing tastic!

And this in wisconsin:

www.indsp.org...

which sounds really nice too.

Then theres this one "stalins forgotton cure",with a different use for phages-burns treatment.

www.intralytix.com...

so they can eat flesh then?
mmmm mm,itchy tasty...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Your posts made me chuckle. Thanks. Yeah, this is really scary. I would put the pesticide in the same league as the spraying going on over our heads.

Where are the organizations providing oversight and checking these programs?! It looks like we're just being experimented on, and just plain bombarded with chemicals and viruses! If I didn't know any better I'd think that some greater power was "spraying for humans". Seriously, we're eating and breathing all of this stuff in, and there are no safeguards - at all!

It looks like all the stops have been removed, and the public at large is simply free game. Who cares?!

I would suggest this nanotechnology, which includes the Morgellon's viruses, has been used before this August 2006 date, the origin of which is not clearly provided. And the disturbing thing about these chemicals is that they're being marketed world wide. This is absolutely irresponsible and dangerous, and someone has to recognize this!

I don't think the individuals that are running these programs realize the potential dangers involved when you infect a large segment of the population with new technology/science like this. Is it possible that these people are unaware of this?

What the hell is going on in our public institutions and our government? Is anyone paying attention anymore? The fact that this has been approved (and has clearly been going on in other forms) really says all we need to know about our public health institutions - namely that we can't rely on them anymore. So when you pick up a vegetable and eat it, you really are playing Russian Roulette.

And if you hit the jackpot, you'd better hope to God the results aren't like what happened to these unwitting test subjects.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It sure is a grusome situation.
Those unwitting test subjects were a big story here.I think one of them has already been told he is developing the beginnings of cancer.
And the whole new area of nano food applications-i think they`re all experimenting like crazy at the moment,because the companies know the risks,and they know that when the authorities figure it out,it will all be regulated.
Until then,they are going full tilt.
I used to think i was safer on the food front by being a vegetarian.Not anymore.
Thanks a lot food companies.
Better just grow my own food,oh great i may get busted for illegal use of copyright genetic material.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Morgellon's is a new, terrifying, and quickly spreading disease. The number of people infected by this mysterious disease is growing exponentially. But even more bizarre is a comment by a physician at an article I just read that he's seen these same symptoms on Gulf War victims.

Here is the link to the article. Morgellons is showing up in California, Florida, Texas and Oklahoma as far as I've learned, but it could be in many more states. The disease manifests as both physical and psychological problems and the picture that is being created is terrifying. There is no cure, and this disease is debilitating...

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bacteriophages and Morgellons? Maybe...but let's ask if other answers suit the facts better. If you look around online you can find people who claim they've been having Morgellons symptoms for ten years. I wouldn't rush to connect that with something that's been going on since August. I also read a recurring theme of Morgellons sufferers being involve with earth working, gardening, etc, and I don't see any obvious connection between that and eating deli meat.

Either way, though...spraying viruses on food seems like a bad idea to me. Granted, a lot of things we eat seem like bad ideas: alcohol, cheese, yogurt, bread...all are basically the result of letting bacteria eat and excrete in something, but...let me ask the question: If bacteriophages are 'trained' to target and infect certain bacteria by culturing them in a petri dish together, is it really such a stretch to think they'll similarly learn to target and infect human tissues when 'cultured' in our stomaches?

Personally I've stopped eating all cold-bought meats.

Bucket Man

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

In the absence of a privatized pharmaceutical industry, bacteriophages were used very successfully to fight disease in Russia til the early 1990's.

Scientists there had 'bacteriophage cocktails' for a variety of illnesses - and tried to save them when the lights went out on communist Russia.

Russian scientists were trying to market the mixes and the idea of using bacteriophages instead of drugs in the USA a few years ago.

Bacteriophages seem to be superior to drugs because they mutate and adapt naturally along with the bacteria and viruses, so resistance is NOT a problem, as it is with drugs (antibiotics and anti-virals).

Needless to say, Big Pharma is not pleased.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
In the absence of a privatized pharmaceutical industry, bacteriophages were used very successfully to fight disease in Russia til the early 1990's.

please cite this fact , if these medical treatements were so widespread and sucessful - where is the soviet era propaganda extolling thier virtues ?

Scientists there had 'bacteriophage cocktails' for a variety of illnesses - and tried to save them when the lights went out on communist Russia.

so where are they now ? please do not try to tell me that a country of 300 million pupulation , the physical size of the former SU could just " loose " an entire technology overnight ?

Russian scientists were trying to market the mixes and the idea of using bacteriophages instead of drugs in the USA a few years ago.

please cite these marketing attempts .

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ok - so there " fibres " cause morgellons and these " fibres " are alledgedly in pesticides and agri chemicals and chemicals used in food hygine

so can someone please point out the lab analysis results that show these "fibres " in the pesticides

i seem to have missed it .

i can only speak from limited experience - but all the pesticides i have seen here in the UK are liquids and sprayed fron atomising nozzles which would clog in seconds if the pesticide contained " fibres "

PS - is the US practice of " crop dusting " from aircraft a literal descriptor ? are they using a powedered pesticide ?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Interesting find OTD. There is an ongoing discussion, some members have morgellons here This thread

A couple members posed the question that the fibers maybe nano based. Check it out.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I found a page at the Happyherbalist.com that details Morgellons symptoms, etc. (link)

This site (above) states, "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has launched an investigation into the skin condition that some people have coined "Morgellons disease" There is not now a clearly defined disease. There is in fact only a mystery for what is happening."

At the bottom of the above site is a long list of news agencies and television stations that have reported this growing phenomena. It is still a mystery, and there is a growing demographic that believes this could be sourced to "spraying", in part, because the contagions seem to be spread through the air/are airborne.

Also, a Morgellons Research Foundation, has been formed, and is in what they're calling a "continuing dialogue" with "...the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as with several state health departments who have begun to investigate Morgellons disease." (link)

Here is a link to a .eu Morgellons site with plenty of news stories and resource links.

Here is a link to a carnicom.com page that shows ground samples of fibrous material, some or all of which it is said was said to have fallen after heavy "spray" days, where several aircraft sprayed heavy streams over populated areas. These ground samples are pictured at 100x magnification, and are shown pictured with other known natural and synthetic fibers. The page also shows some limited testing that was done on these fibers.

Here is a link to a Youtube page with several Morgellons videos.

It's a medical mystery. It's debilitating physically, mentally and emotionally (at least one person has committed suicide after suffering the effects of this disease). It isn't treatable. There is no precedent. And the numbers of people becoming infected is growing, and reaches from coast to coast...

I want to add a brief thought - what if what is being called "chemtrail" spraying is actually a worldwide attempt to kill, or remove the contagion/fibers known as Morgellons that reside in our atmosphere (that were either planted up there, or come from, or are a byproduct of some unknown source/origin)?

This in itself could be a cause to keep something like this from the public, so as not to alarm people...Just a thought...That could also explain the fallout of this material after days of heavy spraying...

[edit on 29-10-2006 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why stories like this do not get enough media attention is beyond me. This do not sounds like a natural affliction but more like the result of other things.

This is very scary and I will like to know what the scientific community is doing about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There have been numerous people I have encountered in the last few weeks who have had what they believed must have been spider bites which have turned out to be some kind of staff infections or boils. This was encountered by two fellow employees as well as a friend and even my daughter.

They were each given antibiotics and a couple of them had the sores lanced and cleaned. I find this to be unusual, has anyone else noticed this in their areas?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by soficrow

please cite this fact , if these medical treatements were so widespread and sucessful - where is the soviet era propaganda extolling thier virtues ?

The information is buried in medical/pharmaceutical history. Here is a brief overview, and the article is informative, worth reading in its entirety:

How Ravenous Soviet Viruses Will Save the World: They're called phages. And they eat drug-resistant bacteria for breakfast.

The discovery of phages is lost in murky rivalries and scientific disputes. What's certain is that in 1917 an eccentric French-Canadian scientist named Félix d'Hérelle isolated them and named them bacteriophages - eaters of bacteria. Working independently, George Eliava discovered the minute creatures after collecting specimens from the Mtkvari River, which flows through the Georgian capital of Tbilisi. Eliava, head of the city's Central Bacteriology Laboratory, left a slide of river water containing cholera bacteria under a microscope for three days. When he returned, the germs were gone. Eliava surmised that something had destroyed them, and, like d'Hérelle, he set about isolating the tiny bacteria killers. Eventually, the Georgian struck up a fruitful collaboration with his French colleague. They worked together at the Pasteur Institute in Paris and later at the Institute of Microbiology, founded in Tbilisi in 1923 and later renamed in Eliava's honor.

It was there that a small band of scientists pioneered a new therapy, scrupulously assembling the world's only library of phages and developing cocktails of a dozen or more to treat a variety of bacterial disorders from stomach aches to pneumonia. Phages became part of the standard pharmacopoeia in the USSR, and they even enjoyed a brief heyday in the US, where Eli Lilly had an active phage-production program in the '30s. Soviet medics used the viruses on World War II battlefields, and soldiers with the German general Erwin Rommel carried phage treatments in disease-ridden North Africa.

The embrace of phages in the West didn't last long, though. American reviews of the Soviet research cast doubt on the therapy's efficacy, and when penicillin - widely regarded as a miracle drug - reached hospitals in 1941, Western doctors essentially forgot about phages. They continued to be sold in pharmacies throughout the Soviet Union, but the decline of medical research in the post-Soviet era nearly wiped out their use.

so where are they now ? please do not try to tell me that a country of 300 million pupulation , the physical size of the former SU could just " loose " an entire technology overnight ?

By the 1970s, the Eliava Institute had fallen into a desuetude that threatened to bury five decades of research. Like Dark Age monks, the institute's scientists struggled to keep their phage library alive.

"One day at the Eliava, the electricity failed," write Michael Shnayerson and Mark J. Plotkin in their book The Killers Within: The Deadly Rise of Drug-Resistant Bacteria. "Over the next months, it went off more and more often, until in 1993 it stopped coming on at all. The researchers packed their home refrigerators with phages; those had power, at least, a few hours a day."

please cite these marketing attempts .

A quick and dirty overview:

How Ravenous Soviet Viruses Will Save the World

Investigator Lawrence Broxmeyer MD sees the possibility of bacteriophages as the antimicrobrials of the future.

Phages: A New Way to Fight Bad Germs

Back in June I was amazed at this story in Wired about phages, bacteria-eating viruses that could be the answer to antibiotic resistance. The first treatment to use the therapy could be available this year.

"Half a century ago, antibiotics revolutionized medicine by turning many once-deadly infections like tuberculosis into minor impediments. But overuse is rapidly rendering antibiotics ineffective, and scientists know they need a replacement fast. One of the most promising options is one that's been used in Eastern Europe and Russia for decades: bacteriophage therapy

THE VIRUS THAT CURES

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wanted to respond to the research you provided (I realize you were responding to ignorant_ape).

What's concerning here are not phages, but the nanopesticide programs, and nanotechnology programs in general, that are being rushed into law before adequate testing has been done, and before rigorous regulatory standards are in place.

In point of fact, there exists no meaningful regulatory system for nanoparticles, in particular with regard to nanopesticides. What is happening now is that money is driving these programs, and not the health regulatory institutions, which it is critical to have when you're dealing with widespread use of additives, chemicals, or in this case nanoparticles that will be ingested by the public. Nanotechnology is just too new. And a nanotechnology that is to be ingested by humans is just too dangerous to just approve without serious testing.

These pesticides (and chemtrails if that is what the streams are) need to be tested until we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do not pose short term OR long term health hazards to humans, animals, or the environment. Period.

Right now that is not happening, and businesses wanting to make a buck realize this is an opportune time to move forward with these programs. There are now billions of dollars behind these programs, and that number will clearly grow as time goes on. This is like the cigarette and oil industry, there is no stopping it, and regulation will be an uphill battle for those who want this to succeed. This is reckless and irresponsible, and these companies, as well as the FDA and other health institutions that rush these programs through - ARE PLAYING WITH OUR LIVES.

These nanopesticides are being sprayed on our food, and soon, nanoparticles will be used in just about every possible product you can think of, from cosmetics to pesticides.

The problem is that there is a prevailing attitude right now of "We'll just spray these things and see what happens." This is not acceptable. People's lives - hundreds of thousands, if not more, people's lives are at risk. Why would these untested pesticides be approved without proper testing?

We have to wonder if there is any connection to Morgellons symptoms, either by people ingesting this food (pesticides) and having a dangerous reaction, or by being bitten by spiders or insects that have ingested these pesticides. Nanoparticles and nanomaterials are measured by the millionth of a millimeter. Nanoparticles are so small that they can sometimes be absorbed through the skin or get inhaled into the lungs. Some studies suggest that the materials can create toxicity or immune reactions, or travel throughout the body and into the brain. People with Morgellons report psychological problems, as well as physical symptoms. This has to be considered. The timing of the use of this technology and the concurrent appearance of Morgellons sufferers seems too coincidental to be ignored.

The article I linked to originally states that the FDA does not have equipment powerful enough to even see objects that small. This poses a problem unto itself. My sense is that despite what that article states (i.e., that this more recent spraying began in August of 2006), my suspicion is that these particles have already been incorporated into our lives without notice. It's also my suspicion that someone somewhere, at one of these organizations, is seeing Morgellons cases and growing very nervous. It's pretty easy to hide particles that are so small you can't see them with the naked eye.

Here are some articles on nanoparticles/nanopesticides. It's obviously still a very new industry:

Article 1
Article 2 (halfway down page, entitled, "New Nanotech Law Called For")
Article 3
Article 4
Article 5

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
SOFICROW :

thanks for the links - there is stuff there worthy of further investigation - but i have had my fill of stalinist era propaganda claims of " < insert annything > was invented first in russia "

and to read quotes like :

“So“, relates Lawrence Broxmeyer MD, “by the late 1930s, phages, poorly understood, fell by the wayside as antibiotic use, seemingly infallible, soared

i would have hoped that a narrator presnting himself as an MD would have a better understanding of the history of antibiotic develpment and implimentation .

other claims in the links may be true - but i would have to go through each claim carefully and cross reference it - after sportting such a howling error of fact .

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck

What's concerning here are not phages, but the nanopesticide programs, and nanotechnology programs in general, that are being rushed into law before adequate testing has been done, and before rigorous regulatory standards are in place.

In point of fact, there exists no meaningful regulatory system for nanoparticles, in particular with regard to nanopesticides.

I agree nanotech needs to be regulated - and the nanofood industry needs attention NOW, imo. FYI - Phages are arguably a healthier, cheaper alternative to chamical and nanotech antibacterials in packaging as well as treatments.

Here's some more info on the issue:

Most of the attention nanotechnology has so far garnered has concerned its possible applications in traditionally tech-oriented areas like medicine, computing, and engineering. But a new report from the Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies points out a use to which we should be paying attention: the growing role of nanotechnology in the food industry. ...Nanotechnology in Agriculture and Food Production: Anticipated Applications, looks at over 160 different food-related nanotech research projects currently underway and estimates the timeframes in which we can expect to see them appear on supermarket shelves. (They could be ready within five years.) The report examines the possible benefits and risks of each development and explores the potential need for environmental, health, and safety regulatory oversight. Among the things you may soon find on your fork:

• Foods that adjust their color, flavor, or nutrient content to accommodate each consumer’s needs.

• Foods wrapped in “smart” packages that detect spoilage or contamination.

• Canola oil that blocks cholesterol from entering the bloodstream.

• Materials that enhance the biological activity of nutritional supplements and additives.

• A new ingredient 100,000 times smaller than a grain of sand that makes milkshakes tastier and delivers their nutrition deep into individual cells.

• Chicken-feed additives that remove dangerous pathogens from the final poultry product.

...activists concerned about the potential environmental and human health effects of the nanotechnologies now being unleashed in the world with no regulatory controls have launched a campaign to ask the Food and Drug Administration to establish some. Citing data that suggests that the nanoparticles many nanotechnologies rely on are capable of causing inflammation, damaging brain cells, and causing pre-cancerous lesions, they’re asking everyone to pressure the agency to take some positive regulatory action. The time for such an effort is ripe because the FDA this month held its first ever public meeting on the issue. To lend a hand, visit FDA Reviews Nanofoods. To learn more about nanotechnology, the Organic Consumers Association has reprinted an in-depth article on the subject at About Nanotechnology.

Nanofoods

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
according to a link posted in www.abovetopsecret.com... Morgellons is distinguished by the presence of silicone in cells, no natural lifefrom i know of produces silicone in it cells, so this screams exotic warfare experiment, imho.

Would be nice to know how it's actually produced, if it's nanotech, some kind of EMP device should be able to fry the nanites.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As of about two years ago, I was experiencing more bloody noses than I had in my entire life. It wasn't just here and there either, this was practically on a daily basis.

At the time I was living in southern California (near L.A.). Myself and a friend were seeing unusual bloody noses. And I won't go into detail, but just nasal stuff that I had never experienced before. Very strange.

I read an article that experiments were done on rats with artificially created nanoparticles, and that the particles had clumped together and actually suffocated rats.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced similarly unusual things. If these artificial particles were being sprayed overhead, or were released on unsuspecting citizens, there would be virtually no way to tell that that had happened unless you had equipment that could measure particles that size. Even then, how do you determine the makeup of the particles without a lab?

It has been noted that after heavy chemtrail spraying that sometimes large amounts of weblike, fibrous material has been found on the ground. Some witnesses observe this material disappearing after a short period of time.

Here is what has been posited about this material. If a particle (i.e., nanoparticle) was to be released onto an unsuspecting populace, say by aircraft, it would be difficult to direct these streams, because the wind would carry these particles, which are a billionth of a meter or roughly 25-millionth of an inch, far from your target.

As a fix, these nanoparticles could be placed in a heavier weight carrier, which would carry it down to the targeted area (ground/population), and then dissolve naturally. The nanoparticles would then disperse into the air in great numbers to be breathed in, absorbed through the skin, or to land on crops.

Because these particles are so small the companies spreading this material could potentially be on the honor system. If someone were to release a hazardous nanoparticle cloud, it would remain invisible, and could affect countless numbers of people. The frightening thing is, these particles have already been used as pesticides, and virtually no testing has been done on them.

The U.S. government is one of the most, if not the most powerful driving force behind this technology. This article states that the U.S. government spends about $1 billion a year on nanotechnology research. And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what the government wants to use this technology for.

Our government has become merely a branch of the armed services. It's no longer a political apparatus, save for the fact that the dictioanry definition of politics still refers to "state or government", and "fixed" elections are still openly held to appease citizens who still believe in a Democratic system, it's just that the real governing is done by the military.

If the government wished you harm, or any individual with an axe to grind and some nanoparticle bad stuff, you would easily be infected and not know a thing until it was too late. And because this is not a virus that could be protected against with an inoculation - i.e., it's an invisible, lab created, artificial monster - the only thing left for you to do would be to die, because you can't remove what you can't see - especially if it's attached itself to every inch of your body, outside and inside - and you can't fight a synthetic invader by taking vitamin c.

If you started seeing symptoms like this, don't bother getting an inoculation. You can't kill what wasn't living in the first place. Victims of Morgellons, for example, have found synthetic fibers actually erupting from their skin. If this material is circulating throughout their bodies, the only way of beating that is to go through every organ with nanotweezers and trying to pluck each and every one off. Good luck.

These materials, if released into our atmosphere and ingested, will circulate through your entire body - if you inhale, these will go straight to your brain (which again makes me think of the psychological problems Morgellons sufferers experience) - and they will stay there, indefinitely. This means your corpse will be a treasure trove for anyone with a microscope capable of finding this material.

To me, if we are experiencing a heretofore unknown illness affecting people, we need look no further than nanoparticles. It's almost the perfect crime; you're killing people with an invisible weapon. And it's so new, and such a limited number of people are able to spot or trace these materials, that you could almost get away scot-free.

A doctor that was visited by a Morgellons sufferer stated that the only other time he had seen instances of this bizarre infection was with Gulf War survivors. This really makes you think - was nanotechnology used in the Gulf War? Is there a connection?

I think it's excellent, however, that we all have the Internet. Instant communication, worldwide. No censorship. And any and all information can be exchanged in an unadulterated manner, and with impugnity.

This is one of the most critical and essential technologies that has ever been invented. And I hope one day it will be free!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join