It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the US accept NK's declaration of war?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
Just for grins…where exactly can I find a formal declaration of war by North Korea against the US?

The ‘Korean War’ was a UN action....fyi.

mg

www.un.org...

I'm pretty sure that's the most recent one dated 9 Oct 06, I was looking over it earlier.

And to you Iori, we can always take our money elsewhere, it's not so easy to take your goods elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
And to you Iori, we can always take our money elsewhere, it's not so easy to take your goods elsewhere.

Not if we don't want to pay more, our country has embraced
many of the negative aspects of capitalism, that is we don't
care where it comes from as long as it's cheap, and relatively
safe and mediocre quality.

This has lead to us to be almost totally dependant on China for
many things.

Also, most stores in America import from China, or have their
factories in America.

It's not an easy thing to do, removing ourselves from the economic
quagmire we've gotten ourselves into with China.

But we should try and do it none the less.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I don't understand what you are saying can you explain?

I beleive what he's saying is, as we are dependant on China for
the vast majority of our imported goods, as they to are dependant
on us buying their goods.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by iori_komei]

Sort of, but not quite.

China holds billions and billions of US treasury bonds and other financial bits and bobs. They, without getting into the nitty gritty of the financial dealings, along with some other countries, are effectively bankrolling the USA and lending them all the money you guys burn.

If they where to dump the dollars they have been buying up, it would collapse. Fortunately, they need you to keep buying their goods, for now, so they wont bankrupt you just yet. Effectively, China has the US by the balls, but the US has China by the short and curlies. You both need each other, for now, so nothing will happen.

Piss China off enough, mind you, or if they build up enough trade with the rest of the world, then thats a different story.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree with you Iori, it won't be an easy thing for us to do, yet it is important that we do so. The adverse affects of pushing back the walmarts and the China's in the world will do wonders for America's middle and lower classes.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Can somone enlighten me as to why America didn't threaten to attack Israel, or India and Pakistan regarding their nuclear weapons programmes?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe the answer is we just don't take "little Kimmy" very serious.

He rants and raves and behaves very badly.

But untill he directly attacks another country, I don't thinbk anyone will answer his "war" call. (IMO)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that's the most recent one dated 9 Oct 06, I was looking over it earlier.

I appreciate the reply, but there is no North Korean declaration of war contained in the linked information. Also, there is no mention formal declarations of war by either party (Iran and NK) contained within the text.

mg

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

I appreciate the reply, but there is no North Korean declaration of war contained in the linked information. Also, there is no mention formal declarations of war by either party (Iran and NK) contained within the text.

mg

As I said earlier. You're already at war, there was just a ceasefire. Feel free to resume the war at any time. It will be legit.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Can somone enlighten me as to why America didn't threaten to attack Israel, or India and Pakistan regarding their nuclear weapons programmes?

Israel may or may not have nuclear weapons, so you could'nt actually
threaten them, and Israel is an allie country, and one of Americas pets.

India, because they're the second largest (by population) country in the
world, and where alot of outsourcing goes, and although we're not close
allies, they don't have a problem with us, and nor do we have a problem
with them.

Pakistan, well I think we just don't much care about them.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Israel never signed the NPT, so they can do what they like. Technically, NK withdrew and gave the required notice, so they are free to do as they please, technically.

India and Pakistan also never signed the NPT, so they can do as they please. The only reason NK is getting the flak is because they are pecieved as weak and can be bullied.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Stumason, what you say is true about the gobs of money we owe China and that we are interdependent with China however if we do decide to bomb Kim Jung Il back to the Stone Age, China would do NOTHING to retaliate, as we have seen from the last 50 years, China does what is best for China economically first, and then politically and militarily later on.

Remember, China isn't the only third world country where the US can get its simple goods from, more than half the world is third world there are options for us.

China knows that it better watch what it does, the last thing they want to do is piss off the people they work for, the American consumer. If they do piss us off, we could protest their goods and their country by default. This could potentially cause more damage to their country than a war ever could.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Israel never signed the NPT, so they can do what they like. Technically, NK withdrew and gave the required notice, so they are free to do as they please, technically.

India and Pakistan also never signed the NPT, so they can do as they please. The only reason NK is getting the flak is because they are pecieved as weak and can be bullied.

agreeing with you that this is the way it is,
I find it strange that you can 'opt' out of this..

Its something that should never of been allowed to occur.
how can you 'decide' not to obide by nuclear proliferation.. send in the appropriate paper work then just.. start building nuclear bombs?

Its like it was destined to be a failure.. relying on the good will of countries to abide by such a apocolyptic taboo, should they ever have a quam with someone.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Weren't we technically at war with North Korea since the 1950's? Kim Jong Il's statement is somewhat inaccurate. We just had a cease fire since then.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is one very good reason that the US doesn't go to war with N. Korea, at least for the moment: One doesn't go to war with a country that has Nukes. It's really very simple. When Pyong Yang exploded their nuclear device that changed the entire outlook...military options that are feasible when conventional weapons are all you have to worry about, are no longer viable when nukes come into play.

Why do you think the US/NATO alliance never went to war with the USSR/Warsaw Pact, or vice versa? Because both sides had nuclear/hydrogen bombs in quantities large enough to stand a good chance of eradicating life as we know it from the face of the Earth.

Plus, N. Korea has got to be teetering on the brink of collapse as we sit here discussing this issue...if we wait a little longer, the issue may resolve itself without unneccesary blood being spilled.

At least that's how I see it. War is the last option, not the only option.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
As I said earlier. You're already at war, there was just a ceasefire. Feel free to resume the war at any time. It will be legit.

Err...as I said earlier the US involvement in the Korean war was part of an “UN action”…

22 nations took part in the conflict at the behest of the UN, the US brokered the armistice agreement as a principle in the UN effort.

The US is not at war with North Korea. The conflict was between North and South Korea, the UN intervened.

'Korea' was not a US war.

Agreement between the Commander-in-Chief, United Nations Command, on the one hand, and the Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army and the
Commander of the Chinese People's volunteers, on the other hand, concerning a
military armistice in Korea.
www.koreanwar-educator.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Full Text (pdf.)

My question stands.

mg

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Could it have something to do with the fact NK has no oil?Using the iraq argument for war as an example (ie.WMD's) the u.s should have aready bombed the # out of them,i guess N.K are not weak enough to be picked on like iraq and afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If you ask me, it is because it is like a 6 year old telling an 18 year old he is going to beat him up.

Should you really take him seriously?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How could I have been so dense? Of course its because N. Korea doesn't have oil. No, it couldn't possibly be because they now apparently have nuclear weapons and have just become far, far more dangerous. A nuclear power must be treated differently than a non nuclear power, simply because it only takes one nuke to erase millions of lives. Nope, couldn't possibly be that.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So why not invade then seagull?Iraq was attacked because it was said saddam had WMD's but he was no where near getting nukes (which i would think is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction),we know N.K proberbly has more nukes yet they just get hit with sanctions,they were both part of the axis of evil so why take saddam down first when N.K were so close to a nuke?It shows if you dont want to be bullied you need nuclear weapons for defence.The U.S are the only ones who have used anything like it for an attack anyway,when japan copped it,everyone else uses them as a deterrant.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Seagull, North Korea does not have a nuclear bomb yet, they have split the atom which was the result of the test but they are probably still at least a couple years away from putting any sort of device on an ICBM.

Translation, there is still a window of time in which we can act, it won't be pretty if we do but what will the consequences be if we don't act?

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join