It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 y/o given Life Sentence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So no forgiveness whatsoever? What if the inmate is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize? What if the inmate can do much more to help society on the outside?

Forgiveness???? You have got to be kidding me, your expecting the parents of that younbg boy to forgive his killer???

You need a reality check. I'll guarantee you, those parents will never forgive him for what he did. You could say the same for Myra Hindley when she was in jail, she was so called reformed. None of the parents of those children she killed, ever forgave her.

Oh they got the nobel peace prize, whoppee doo, Life should mean life until you die in jail, not in jail for 20 or 30 years an let out.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So I take it you're not a big fan of forgiving people. Well, that's obviously a fault that you should overcome. Without forgiveness there is no real closure. It's a painful thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So I take it you're not a big fan of forgiving people. Well, that's obviously a fault that you should overcome. Without forgiveness there is no real closure. It's a painful thing.

Tell that to the parents of that innocent young boy who was killed oks, See the responce you get from them.

When it comes to murdering a innocent kid no I am not big om forgiveness, how can you says its a fault of mines? Oh you killed my son, I forgive you? I do not think so.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
At 15 years old, you should have the basic concepts of killing someone is wrong and society will punish you if they catch you.

If you murder someone with a frying pan and a knife, you are one twisted little puppy. (Either that or you have a cooking show on TV where a little excentricity like murder would just improve the ratings.... Tonight we'll be cooking brains but first we need to have a guest from the audience step up on stage... Thonk! Now fresh brains are the absolute best and here is how to remove them from the skull with our new ACME brain remover, dicer, slicer, and it works with apples also)

I don't think that he should ever be released into a free society again.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Tell that to the parents of that innocent young boy who was killed oks, See the responce you get from them.

When it comes to murdering a innocent kid no I am not big om forgiveness, how can you says its a fault of mines? Oh you killed my son, I forgive you? I do not think so.

Not very Christ like is it?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are things so terrible they cannot be forgiveable. The murder of a child- a vulnerable one, doubly so- is one of them.

DE

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Dude, everything is forgivable. If you can't forgive, it leaves a weight on your soul that gets harder and harder to lift. I believe that if someone is truly sorry, not just death row sorry, but in his heart feels remourse and regret, then why not forgive?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I say that certain things are by their nature so terrible that we CANNOT forgive them, ever. The murder or rape of a child is a perfect example of a crime that cannot be allowed to happen repeatedly by the same offender, indeed, at all.

There are times when 'I'm sorry' doesn't cut it. 'I'm sorry' doesn't bring back the dead, only vindicates the criminal.

DE

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its an older version of Jamie Bulger case!!

The two 'evil' boys who killed the little boy, tied him to the train tracks and then the train severed his little body.

He will probably get out in a couple of years...do some 'community service' and then walk free.

They seriously need to bring back the death penatly in UK as our government is a bunch of f**king wooses!!

They cant run a government properly, they have given more rights to Immigrants than british born and they bicker endlessly and dont give anything back to us!

Seriously......destroy england, down the goverment and bring back the clan system....it works a hell of a lot better than politics

As for the boys......leave them in a room full of mothers and let the bastards die!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I say that certain things are by their nature so terrible that we CANNOT forgive them, ever. The murder or rape of a child is a perfect example of a crime that cannot be allowed to happen repeatedly by the same offender, indeed, at all.

I'm sorry, I don't agree. I think that any misdeed, no matter what the nature, is forgivable. That is what it is to be a human being, and to have a soul.

There are times when 'I'm sorry' doesn't cut it. 'I'm sorry' doesn't bring back the dead, only vindicates the criminal.

You're saying it like a little boy who was cought with his hand in a cookie jar. True remourse and sadness is the punishment for misdeed. Jail time, and death is dwarfed by the pain of remourse. Receiving forgiveness won't make that pain go away, but it will allow for healing to take place.

And, on the victims side, maintaining that hate and anger, and wishing for the suffering and/or death of the offender is bad for the soul. It hardens the heart.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Dude, everything is forgivable. If you can't forgive, it leaves a weight on your soul that gets harder and harder to lift. I believe that if someone is truly sorry, not just death row sorry, but in his heart feels remourse and regret, then why not forgive?

The trouble is, the psychopaths will say that and obviously not mean it, meanwhile they will get out and destroy lots of other peoples lives.

We've seen it time and time again.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That's why we train psychiatrists.

And the forgiveness is less often for the forgived than for the forgiver.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sorry but to hell with the age factor.This guy had the ''intelligence'' to plan this attack in advance.
That shows enough brainpower to me to be able to distinguish between right and wrong since he felt the need to try to cover his tracks.
Premeditated pure and simple.
An evil person out of public.Hope he gets what he deserves in the prison population

[edit on 19-10-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Stealing a cookie is nothing like murder.

Stealing a cookie is so minor....WTH did u bring that up to compare??

Murder is unforgivable....especially murder of a child!

Ian Huntly is threatened daily (when hes not trying to slice himself)

The inmates would go mad for this guy and rip him apart.

The Amish forgave the killer in the school....i have never forgiven Thomas Hamilton for taking my cousin away from me!

He organised and planned the boys murder, for that he should be locked away permently or killed!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Heres and example of why they shouldnt get released.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Man convicted of child molestation in 2001 is let out.
He drags a 6 year old from her house and rapes her.
Hes destroyed a little girls and her families lives and people are whining about a second chance?
The sad thing is he will be let out again in a few years time to molest some other little kiddie.
The whole system is screwed. Any serial murderer or sex offender deserves to die in prison, especially if they do it against children.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is an example of hasty generalization

Description of Hasty Generalization

This fallacy is committed when a person draws a conclusion about a population based on a sample that is not large enough. It has the following form:

1. Sample S, which is too small, is taken from population P.
2. Conclusion C is drawn about Population P based on S.

The person committing the fallacy is misusing the following type of reasoning, which is known variously as Inductive Generalization, Generalization, and Statistical Generalization:

1. X% of all observed A's are B''s.
2. Therefore X% of all A's are Bs.

The fallacy is committed when not enough A's are observed to warrant the conclusion. If enough A's are observed then the reasoning is not fallacious.
www.nizkor.org...

I knew my index of logical fallacies would come in handy.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
No its not, sex offenders are very likely to re offend, as are multiple murderers.

Even one example is one too much and that's a good enough reason not to let murders, serial rapists and paedophiles out of prison because they cannot alter their behaviour.

25% of sex offenders reoffend and get caught, god knows how many of them reoffend and don't get caught considering it is widely believed a very low percentage of rapes are actually reported, under 10% IIRC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Flyer]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Description of Burden of Proof

Burden of Proof is a fallacy in which the burden of proof is placed on the wrong side. Another version occurs when a lack of evidence for side A is taken to be evidence for side B in cases in which the burden of proof actually rests on side B. A common name for this is an Appeal to Ignorance. This sort of reasoning typically has the following form:

1. Claim X is presented by side A and the burden of proof actually rests on side B.
2. Side B claims that X is false because there is no proof for X.

In many situations, one side has the burden of proof resting on it. This side is obligated to provide evidence for its position. The claim of the other side, the one that does not bear the burden of proof, is assumed to be true unless proven otherwise.

Prove it!

Description of Misleading Vividness

Misleading Vividness is a fallacy in which a very small number of particularly dramatic events are taken to outweigh a significant amount of statistical evidence. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

1. Dramatic or vivid event X occurs (and is not in accord with the majority of the statistical evidence) .
2. Therefore events of type X are likely to occur.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because the mere fact that an event is particularly vivid or dramatic does not make the event more likely to occur, especially in the face of significant statistical evidence.

You've proven nothing.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Listen Flyer,

All I'm trying to say is that every case needs to be taken on an individual basis. And, if real evidence of reform and remourse is shown, then a life sentace received at such a young age could be reduced. In the mean time, he stays in jail. I'm not advocating the release of all child rapists and murderers.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey, the kid is guilty as far as I am concerned. I just feel since we are all comlaing about how lax, or unforigiving these sentences are, we should consider an alternate one, like what I am proporsing.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join