It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cynthia McKinney website allows Racial Slurs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Did you even read the site?? I did. I even read the first page TWICE and did NOT find the phrase.........."The good ol' boy cracker-crats of the Republican Party are having themselves a regular hootenanny over allegations that Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney landed a punch on a security guard at the Capitol." ( did I just miss it or......

Could it be that the site manager DID remove the supposed offensive language??? Opps, that would mean your premise that 'racist slurs are allowed!!' was a bit premature......and no longer true.......not to mention the 'racist website' claim......sounds like Cynthia is not the only one who can go off half cocked on the 'racist card'.

It's still there:

Cynthia's BlogPermalinkJune 17, 2006
An Alleged Blow for Us All
Greg Palast

The good ol' boy cracker-crats of the Republican party are having themselves a regular hootenanny over allegations that congresswoman Cynthia McKinney landed a punch on a security guard at the Capitol

They just moved it from the front page, is all. It makes me wonder what else is hidden inside that site..

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
Well, who is the bigger racist here? Ms. McKinney or Mr. Lott?

I guess it would depend on what one means by "bigger racist". They're both racist in my opinion. However, I don't recall Mr. Lott playing the race card to get out of trouble. I don't recall him becoming indignant because he smacked someone and claimed he was being persecuted because he's a white man.

So, yeah, he's a racist, but at least he's right up front about what he thinks. That I can deal with. It's the people who won't acknowledge or admit their own racism that are the real problem in my opinion. It's the people who use their race as a stepping stone that I consider to be more of a hinderance to egalitarianism. It's the hypocritical behavior (of using her race and preaching racism yet allowing racial slurs against whites on her website) of Ms. McKenney that is the bigger threat to racial equality by not serving her race.

The Trent Lotts of the world aren't taken that seriously by the mainstream, but the Cynthia McKenneys have a following and a whole segment of population that think the way she apparently does. That being, "It's not ok to hold a black person accountable. That's racism, but yeah, let's rag on the white people. They deserve it for what they've done to us." Just my view.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OK guys, the topic is Ms McKinney, let's stick to it please.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK guys, the topic is Ms McKinney, let's stick to it please.

I was not going to comment in this thread, but this comment made me jump in.

I think that ceci was indeed commenting on Ms. McKinney, or at least the issue which she is being roasted for. She was speaking to the character of McKinney and making a dorect comparison to two other representatives to make her case. That is more than acceptable in a court of law, when defending the character of a witness, so why not here in the court of public opinion?

Personally, I do not like Ms. McKinney. I think she played a card that should never be played, and she did it all too easily. But the fact of the matter is that she is not the first to do so, and will not be the last, on EITHER side of the aisle. Do I think her web site is racist? Nope. The comments are actually from someone else and cannot be directly linked to Ms. McKinney. Unless she does he own site admin, you can't pin the comment dorectly on her. I think this is being blown way out of proportion (hard to believe I know). I've seen much more inflamatory stuff on other sites promoting themselves as "news" sites. Is Ms. McKinney racist? Possibly. I don't know her and have only heard he speak on a couple of occassions, so I can't judge. Baded on her quick play of the racism card, I think that points to a predisposition of being a racist in her own was, but that's just the gut feel that I get. For this reason I get a bad feeling about her. But that is my feeling, not proof. Only the actions and direct words of Ms. McKinney can prove that one way or another. This doesn't prove anything.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by The Iconoclast]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Staying on topic is not about choosing which side of the aisle you agree with. It is about debating the topic and not derailing the thread with tangential views or editorials.

Off topic remarks concerning staff action should be made here, not in the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the topic has run its course or if the thread does not stay on topic, the thread could be closed.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lott came into this, because, as always happens, things go off-topic. I'm guilty as I respond.

"In the spirit of his quest, I submit weighing who is the bigger racist in Congress. Is it Cynthia McKinney? Or is it Trent Lott?"

REPLY: It's Senator Robert Byrd.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I will say more details in a future post, but I would like to answer the criticism of posting my information about Trent Lott.

I believe that the claims of racism by Ms. McKinney ought to be investigated. The author has used her website and an article by Greg Palast to prove these claims. I felt his research in proving that Ms. McKinney is racist paltry.

In comparison, I asked who is the bigger racist in Congress. Ms. McKinney or Mr. Lott?

And for people to make their decision, I posted information about Mr. Lott so they can read not only the author's claims at the beginning of the thread about Ms. McKinney. But also juxstapose her endeavor on-line with the exploits of racism by Mr. Lott.

Now I hope that people can tell the difference between the blatant racism by Mr. Lott and the "racism" claimed by the author about Ms. McKinney. Where has she in her entire career prevented White people from doing anything? Mr. Lott, as president of Sigma Nu, prevented Black people from becoming members.

Mr. Lott has a long history of racism. And it is documented. It is not only what he said at Mr. Thurmond's birthday party and his pithy comments trying to apologize. In that endeavor, he did play the race card in refuting the comments of why he said those remarks during that occasion. He further played the race card when he was asked to step down in 2002 by other members of Congress and civil rights leaders.

In comparison, please post documented proof of Ms. McKinney's "playing the race card" and her racism for us all to see. Please do not waste time on an article by Greg Palast.

With that being said, I thank the members in this thread who tried to defend my point of view.

What I tried to post is on topic, but the author fails to extend his argument to compare the racist endeavors of Ms. McKinney with another Congressmember who truly has a record of racist acts during his political career. In fact, I open this to explore the racist intentions of all Congressmembers to compare with Ms. McKinney's acts of "playing the race card". Then, we will get to see how truly racist she is.

In fact, I would implore the author to truly investigate instances of "real racism" before he is qualified to talk about Ms. McKinney's implementations.

All I ask for is fairness, honesty and accuracy.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by ceci2006]

df1

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lets beat up barbera bush too for her remarks stating that the new orleans refugees had nothing to complain about because life in the superdome had elevated their quality of life. It would be easier to accept the complaints about mckinney had these same racial criticism been voiced about granny bush. At this point the complaints about mckinney sound like nothing more than a bunch of whining rednecks.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Any more discussion that is NOT about the topic(McKinney) will be warned as it IS against the T&C. OK?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is fair enough, Intrepid. I do not want to call anyone names, nor stir up trouble.

I only implore the author to do his research as a "serious thinker" when exposing the blatant racism of Ms. McKinney. If he can provide these instances in her public policy speeches and proof via her voting record, it would be most helpful. Even more helpful would be to refrain from blogs and other partisan sources which instantly decry her behavior.

It seems by suggesting that Ms. McKinney is racist, the burden of proof is upon him.

We will wait to see how he uses his intellect, research skills and rigorous attempts at "serious thinking" with an extended series of posts concerning his accusations of Ms. McKinney's racism.

We will also see how he uses his critical thinking skills to highlight her behavior as part and parcel of an epidemic concerning racist intent in the larger expanse of Congress. I surely hope he highlights how Ms. McKinney plays into this epidemic of bigotry held by our politicians in American government.

It would certainly serve to enlighten us all to know exactly where our representatives stand regardless of color concerning their views of race.

But I still ask this question: is there legislation in which Ms. McKinney voted upon barring Whites from any social institution? That would surely prove her racism.

Btw, I never brought up Senator Robert Byrd (D.-WVa), who was once a member of the KKK. So the mistake of that accusation is also brought upon the author as well. But if the author is willing to examine Mr. Byrd's racism compared to Ms. McKinney's that would be fine as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have, within this site, the possibly singular dishonor of having the aforementioned lifeform as my Congresswoman, so let me begin by apologizing profusely for helping to foist this creature onto the collective landscape.

I've also met her (only in the sense of shaking her hand at a campaign rally), and the words you're tossing are *tame* in comparison to some of the stuff I've heard.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, do tell. What has Ms. McKinney said to you that is less tame? I would certainly like to know.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Btw, I never brought up Senator Robert Byrd (D.-WVa), who was once a member of the KKK. So the mistake of that accusation is also brought upon the author as well. But if the author is willing to examine Mr. Byrd's racism compared to Ms. McKinney's that would be fine as well.

Perhaps in another thread, perhaps in PTS

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay, I understand.

But I wanted to correct the accusation of bringing up Robert Byrd which was not accurate.

But now on, I will try my best to stay on topic even though my questions stand. There needs to be a legitimate amount of proof to substantiate Ms. McKinney's racism. And I would like to know whether her racism is more virulent compared to another member of Congress (Trent Lott) who knowingly exhibits the same characteristics of bigotry.

And if Ms. McKinney is such a virulent racist, I call upon the author to present legislation in which she has openly barred people from another race from a societal institution.

That's all I want to know.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthseeker_013
I have, within this site, the possibly singular dishonor of having the aforementioned lifeform as my Congresswoman, so let me begin by apologizing profusely for helping to foist this creature onto the collective landscape.

Isn't she up for re-election? What does the race look like down there; who will be the candidates in the fall?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ceci2006: I'm the one guilty of bringing up Mr. Lott; not the author.

I see nothing on the front page that would indicate that the CCC is racist. As to your list of Lott votes:

1- Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes.
2- Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.
3- Voted NO on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women.
4- Voted YES on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business.
5- Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage.
6- Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation.
7- Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning.
8- Voted YES on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds
9- Supports anti-flag desecration amendment.

REPLY: 1 and 2 are good things, because the entire idea of "hate crimes" is ridiculous and dangerous. Speech comes from thought. "Thought Crimes".... does "1984" ring a bell?

3- Tax money collected for highway funds shouldn't be used for anything else, which resulted in his vote for 4.

5- Good vote.

6- It should be up to private business as to who they hire.

7- It wasn't a vote to end flag burning; it was a vote to allow the states decide for themselves, a good thing.

8- Good vote, as it is nothing but reverse-dicrimination.

9- Good vote and idea.

Rated 20% by the ACLU...

REPLY: The ACLU was started by, and continue to be a Communist group, and no-one should care what they think.

REPLY: That's a good thing.

"... what was said during Mr. Thurmond's birthday party..."

REPLY: Whet he said about Thurmond was only to make an old guy feel good, who spent many decades in public service. This does not compare to Byrd, who actually used the "N" word, twice, on national TV.... and got away with it. Why? Because when you're a Dem, it's different.

If you look back 100 years, you'll find it's the Left that has voted most often to kill the idea of civil liberties for Blacks, and they are still the ones who do everything they can to keep Blacks on the "Government Plantation."

YES, YES......... So off-topic, and I'm guilty.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Fine and well, zappafan1. Thank you for having the courage to answer my posts.

I see you didn't--as well as the author--find any legislation in which Ms. McKinney espoused barring White people from any social institution.

But, the core of the subject matter has to do with whether Ms. McKinney is the virulent, relentless racist the author makes her out to be.

And I would like to know how she has subjugated Whites in anything that she has done in terms of legislation. I would like people to point out in her public policy speeches or voting record where she has openly called for barring Whites from any social institution.

That is what I have wanted to know--from the author. The author, from his silence, refuses to comply. I thought the request was easy. But the author is getting others to do his work for him.

That is what you call intellectual laziness, not a trait of a serious thinker at all.

At least you, zappafan1, never have demonstrated intellectual laziness in all your posts. I respect you for that despite our difference in opinion ideologically.

Edit: Removed off topic material.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by intrepid]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
... she has the responsibility...

Yep. It's her website. It represents her. It's her responsibility.

The remarks are racist. She's racist. (She's also a dingbat. )
Perhaps allowing anti-white racist remarks to remain on her
website helps her reelection. Perhaps her district is made up
of anti-white racists and so she wants them to see that she is
too. Who knows why she allows racism to be on the site that
represents her? Whatever her reason .. it IS her responsibility
and it DOES represent her.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
And I would implore, the poster above as well as the author, to fully investigate instances of "real racism". After all, what is posted on Ms. McKinney's website isn't an instance of "real racism".

Again, I echo the comment made by an earlier poster: criticize Mr. Palast for his writings. Not Ms. McKinney. He is the one who had written "the slurs"--as it were.

But I see, no one has anything derogatory to say about Mr. Palast as he is white.

But then again, I guess this falls into the same camp as "Tar Baby", doesn't it?

[edit on 30-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Where has she in her entire career prevented White people from doing anything?

AND ... where, in Tony Snow's entire career, has he prevented black people from
doing anything? Hmmmm? Never. And yet here YOU are, claiming he made
a racist statement when he used the term 'tar baby' in a non-racist and
purely cerebral statement.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

YOU said that just the use of the term (even when it wasn't ment in a
racist manner) was racism. Now you back McKinney and say that she
can have blatent racist slurs on her website and it's okay because she
hasn't ever prevented white people from doing anything.

So how come she can get away with racism and yet you rant against
Tony Snow for using a non-racist statement?? HE never prevented
black people from doing anything. So why is he a racist (when he hasn't
said anything racist) but McKinney is innocent (when she HAS backed
racist statements)?

I would implore the author to truly investigate instances of
"real racism" before he is qualified to talk about Ms. McKinney's
implementations.

Back atchya.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join