It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek XI/J.J. Abrams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It seem as if J.J. Abrams, Alias and MI III has taken over the Trek franchise...

They are already talking about Matt Damon as the "new" Kirk...!

trekweb.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ugghh!!!....i shan't be watching that!

Actually though you should read the wikipedia site.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
...I have trouble getting the wiki site on my computer...So what does it say, in a nutshell...?:shk:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The previous concept for this movie, entitled Star Trek: The Beginnining, has officially been scrapped. According to the script's writer, Erik Jendresen, the film would have bridged the gap between the end of Star Trek: Enterprise and the beginning of the original series. It was Jendresen's hope that the story, which depicted the war between the Romulans and the fledgling United Federation of Planets, would be part of a trilogy of films. Jendresen went on to blame a "regime change" at Paramount Studios for the death of the film.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That "The Begingings" sounds like it would've been a good concept. As far as the Starfleet Academy idea, I can't imagine that that many peopel are intersted in kirk, spock, and McCoy, and, as far as I know, the three weren't in the academy together anyway. If they go with that, its possible that they'll run into the same problem that Star Trek: Enterprise had, it could'nt generate interest amoung new fans, and lost its trekkie base for being non-cannonical.

Considering the sucess of Star Wars, a set of movies about the Earth-Romulan Wars would be really interesting, AND, it can maintain what was, perhaps, the real 'draw in' of the original series, it parralleled the real world at the time it was made. Having a set of movies that brings in the Andorans, Humans, Vulcans, Tellurites, gets them to work out their differences and recognize that they can each bring something that they individually do very well to the table, and thus make a great Federation of planets, and defeat an honestly sinister and imperialistic shadow-enemy like the Romulans...dang, that'd be good.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
...Apparently Abrams wants to do a prequel of sorts. Not specifically a
Starfleet academy, but more along the lines of the "early days' of Kirk and Spock.

filmforce.ign.com...

I think that in recent years Star Trek has gotten away from the premis
of Roddenberry, that Trek is about ideas, and the nature of "Humanity",
reguardless of what that form may take. Roddenberry wrote about ideas (and
characters) that are presented larger that life, but that are timeless and that resonate with the Human spirit. I really think that Gene Roddenberry saw himself
as a latte day Shakesphere.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Theyre just confusing everyone. Pretty much the same day they say it's scrapped to one source, Paramount tells another J.J Abrams is on board, to another they say no comment, and to another they announce that they dislike the idea of a prequel.
They're intentionally trying to throw us off.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Trust me star trek fans, this next movie will be really good. Everyone cares about the original trio, and it's been a long time since we seen them on screen...14 years now i believe. I also think matt damon will do an excellent job at portrayin the young kirk....but who in the world will play spock?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
"Who will play Spock"....

Maybe that guy from The Pretender TV show...

I think he would be great!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Someone should go to paramount and
the board, why on earth would we care about kirk early years, he made his name as a captain, not some wet behind the ears cadet.

I like the idea of the romulan war, think the DS9 domion wars were some off the best trek espiodes every made and they had me hooked. you just have to look at B5 and the whole shadow war story arc and how much it work.

maybe paramount should listen to the fans for a change and give us want we want, as we will be the ones shelling out our money to see the thing

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Problem with DS9 dominion episodes were not the action or high budgets. The star trek thinking wasnt there. It's a political based show. My favorite was TNG of course, and Enterprise. Besides TOS.

[edit on 7/19/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just can't see Matt Damon in a Sci Fi flick like Star Trek. I also agree with those who said that going back in time at the beginning of Kirk and Spocks time together would not make for a good movie. Look at what happend to Enterprise.

And BTW, my favorite was Voyager

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Trust me star trek fans, this next movie will be really good. Everyone cares about the original trio, and it's been a long time since we seen them on screen...14 years now i believe. I also think matt damon will do an excellent job at portrayin the young kirk....but who in the world will play spock?

I think it will be good as well, if matt damon portrays the kirk character well and throws out the whole attitude thing he had in previous films. (goodwill hunting, etc.)

I think trek has been de-railed so much since enterprise that they are returning to tested and true methods.

I also liked that matt damon reached out to shatner, shows that he has respect for the character and will put forth a good effort.

However, any new trek is doomed to failure if they dont capture the human spirit that other star trek films captured.

will be interesting...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Shatner is giving out the dirt.

wired.com

Yes, we know the story is based on young Kirk. I met with J.J., and they told me they would like me to be part of their film, but they have to write the role. They need to figure out how to put the dead captain in with the young captain. It's a very complex, technical problem of how to write the character in, and I'm not sure how they will solve it.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If old/young Shatner are both in it, I certainly hope it isnt gonna be a time travel'ish episode.. Hopfully just something alone the lines of "When I was young at the academy, I got away with.. blah blah blah" and so on..

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I would not like anymore "Prequels" or "spin offs" for this franchise. Why not follow the Riker/Frakes storyline and let it work itself out to the Captain of the NCC-1701F or G that Capt. Archer was dealing with from the Enterprise future. If they arent going to play out a continuing storyline they really should let this die an honorable death. "All good things must come to an end...", eh?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why not continue where ST: Nemesis left off? I'd continue the Enterprise story, and/or maybe that of the Titan, which Riker became Captain. I think it'd be too hard to keep Data in -- the character is supposed to not age, yet the actor is -- how far can they go with makeup on Brent Spiner?

I'd also ditch B-4 (aka Data Gump).

Time travel has been overplayed, as well as the Borg. I'd like to see more of the Breen, Cardassians, or Romulans.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ENTERPRISE WAS AWESOME !

They knew 4 seasons was enough. The dramatic Soap Opera formula killed it. But that was because the writers had nothing else to write about.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As far as topics go. One word. VOYAGER.

Time for them to take the Baton, it's about time. I love Janeway, Tuvok, 7 of 9 and Neelix. I also loved Quark, Sisko, and Odo from DS9. DS9 my least favorite of the shows but they deserve screen time.

The screenplay should go like this, Im a screenwriter and this is what I already did. Ill give you my synopsis.

Shatner is Admiral Kirk and is preparing to get the Enterprise crew on and off with her maiden voyage. He is short on time because of the media harassing him with his next mission which is to show up on the new Enterprise to serve as honorary guest on it's maiden voyage . Nimoy comes in as Spock to help him out with the crew selection for the new USS enterprise. They then talk about old memories and have flashbacks of the academy which help them determine who will helm the New Enterprise. In comes Matt Damon in a supporting role. During that time, Admirial Archer teaches young Kirk the ropes which all coincide with past episodes. T'pol teaches young Spock to eliminate his prejudice for humans and try working with them to see how resourceful and amazing humans can be.

When act 2 ends, Old kirk is seen preparing the crew for the new ship. Then, the temporal action begins. Voyager members travel back in time to help save Kirk from his demise. The whole GENERATIONS film was a parallel scenerio which was cancelled out because Kirk is now alive again. And ready for more movies that take place in the new 24th century along with Voyager and Deep space nine actors.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 3/1/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think they need something more original. No more prequels, no more time-traveling.

I agree with Nygdan -- there was nothing to indicate that Kirk and Spock were in Starfleet at the same time, and if so, I would wager that Spock was the elder.

McCoy certainly wouldn't be in with them -- the character and actor were something like 10 years older than Kirk and Spock.

I didn't like Enterprise. I didn't like the theme, nor the uncanonical aspects, nor the soap opera format (it was okay for a short while, but not for a whole season).

I liked the characters of Archer and Trip, and most especially that Vulcan hottie...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join