It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa about to anounce Life in our solarsytem on the news!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
cfnews13.com...

might have to hit refreash!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
MDB, I went to the link and it said the site was down temporarily while it did maintenance work.
Coincidence? Perhaps not.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ahh frigg!

I wonder if its been posted on other news site.. ill do a search

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just hunted cnn, msnbc, NASA, NOAA. Nada, nothing.

NC

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok there website is back up an running, but just incase im gunna copy and paste the text

:

NASA is planning to make an announcement about a new discovery.

Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. Earlier reports about the announcement may have been misleading.

Official word is expected this afternoon at 2 p.m. We'll have complete coverage of today's big news when it is released. Tune to News 13 for the complete story.

For more information tune to Central Florida News 13. Only on Bright House Networks.

Copyright © Central Florida News 13. All right reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
False alarm? It's probably just about the new probe due to land on Mars.. maybe we'll get a live feed technology allowing. I really hope it is about life but that would be a bit co-incidental.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think this is probably what they are going to announce.

Cassini may have found water on Enceladus

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The link in this article is also saying "Server Busy". Must be a lot of people trying to open it.

But I think they will say that there is a "possibility of life" elsewhere in the solar system.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This could easily be about about the new shuttle replacement or the retirement of "Discovery", or both.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ah man that is so harsh... the web page said one thing, went down, and now its just a discovery! WTF???!!

I was about to post it when the page went down, and its back with a completely different slant on the story. Both times when i went to save it as a web page, the site stopped working all together and froze.

Im all ears to what this discovery may be.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the reason the site is going down and up is that NASA is changing their story due to pressure from inside I'll bet !!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Damn. Someone post what the news is as soon as you know please!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Damn. Someone post what the news is as soon as you know please!!!

Scroll up, look at Hal9000's post.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
3 - 7 p.m. - Live Interviews on Cassini Mission - JPL (One-Way Media Interviews)

source is nasa tv site and there is non else then that on it which is live and the other items of today are re-runs of past events.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
heres what the Drudge Report has to say:

NASA'S CASSINI DISCOVERS POTENTIAL LIQUID WATER ON ENCELADUS
Thu Mar 09 2006 11:21:33 ET

**Exclusive**

[Press release set for 2 PM ET release]

NASA's Cassini spacecraft may have found evidence of liquid water reservoirs that erupt in Yellowstone-like geysers on Saturn's moon Enceladus. The rare occurrence of liquid water so near the surface raises many new questions about the mysterious moon.

"We realize that this is a radical conclusion - that we may have evidence for liquid water within a body so small and so cold," said Carolyn Porco, Cassini imaging team leader at the Space Science Institute, Boulder, Colo. "However, if we are right, we have significantly broadened the diversity of solar system environments where we might possibly have conditions suitable for living organisms."

High-resolution Cassini images show icy jets and towering plumes ejecting huge quantities of particles at high speed. Scientists examined several models to explain the process. They ruled out the idea the particles are produced or blown off the moon's surface by vapor created when warm water ice converts to a gas. Instead, scientists have found evidence for a much more exciting possibility. The jets might be erupting from near-surface pockets of liquid water above 0 degrees Celsius (32 degrees Fahrenheit), like cold versions of the Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone.

"We previously knew of at most three places where active volcanism exists: Jupiter's moon Io, Earth, and possibly Neptune's moon Triton. Cassini changed all that, making Enceladus the latest member of this very exclusive club, and one of the most exciting places in the solar system," said John Spencer, Cassini scientist, Southwest Research Institute, Boulder.

-more--2-

"Other moons in the solar system have liquid-water oceans covered by kilometers of icy crust," said Andrew Ingersoll, imaging team member and atmospheric scientist at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif. "What's different here is that pockets of liquid water may be no more than tens of meters below the surface."

"As Cassini approached Saturn, we discovered the Saturnian system is filled with oxygen atoms. At the time we had no idea where the oxygen was coming from," said Candy Hansen, Cassini scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena. "Now we know Enceladus is spewing out water molecules, which break down into oxygen and hydrogen."

Scientists still have many questions. Why is Enceladus so active? Are other sites on Enceladus active? Might this activity have been continuous enough over the moon's history for life to have had a chance to take hold in the moon's interior?

In the spring of 2008, scientists will get another chance to look at Enceladus when Cassini flies within 350 kilometers (approximately 220 miles), but much work remains after the spacecraft's four-year prime mission is over.

"There's no question, along with the moon Titan, Enceladus should be a very high priority for us. Saturn has given us two exciting worlds to explore," said Jonathan Lunine, Cassini interdisciplinary scientist, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.

Mission scientists report these and other Enceladus findings in this week's issue of Science.

The Cassini-Huygens mission is a cooperative project of NASA, the European Space Agency and the Italian Space Agency.

JPL, a division of the California Institute of Technology

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Bah, stop making misleading titles. They aren't going to announce anything about life on other planets. They just found more rocks and possibly water.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Drudge Report show's them as TWO SEPERATE stories..

Story one: Orlando Channel 13: 'Big NASA Announcement Set For Today'... // 'NASA is planning to make a huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system'...

Story two: **EXCLUSIVE** PLANNED PRESS RELEASE: NASA'S CASSINI DISCOVERS POTENTIAL LIQUID WATER ON ENCELADUS...

Sure would be a big news day at NASA.. but I highly doubt NASA would EVER tell us there might be life (even microbial) in our solar system.. whether it's true or not

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Interesting. I'll be looking forward to checking out this news when it is released. I don't see why it's so contraversial. People are paranoid that it will destroy religion, when it won't do a damn thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Interesting. I'll be looking forward to checking out this news when it is released. I don't see why it's so contraversial. People are paranoid that it will destroy religion, when it won't do a damn thing.

You really can tell who doesn't bother to read through the thread before replying.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
From cnn.com

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Who didn't see THIS coming from a million miles away? Lol

New on Drudge:

UPDATE: NASA Will Not Announce Life Find; News Station Misinterpreted Agency's Release...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join