It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interview with a hacker (Says Anti gravity is real!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka

...and i'm the Queen of England. Show us an ID card and your access card (with your picture, name and id card blanked out, of course), and tell us where most of your work is centered and what you do at the DIA.

There I did it again for you just to make sure you have it down correctly.

O yeah, your picture doesn't do you any good at all as well.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by texmiller]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I agree, they should hire him. Use his knowledge to train others in these secrets and use these abilities to gather intelligence on everyone. I certainly hope they find his skills useful in not only building up internal security, but also in penetrating others.

The issue is that there are people who are much better than him at doing this. In his interview he states that there were a bunch of other people on at the same time that he was. THe difference is he was cought. Which makes him less of a prize. Besides, I always figured that the government hired people based on their ability to keep secrets, and not their skills. From the way he was blabbing to the BBC I'd bet he cant keep a secret very well at all. (then again, with a secret like that neither could I)

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was thinking if this does pan out, and if we do get new technology such as anti-gravity and others. The energy crisis would end and so might world hunger.

Do you guys think that Gary McKinnon(the hacker) is anything like a modern day Prometheus?

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

Why should we trust our government over this guy?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
the list of systems he've hacked into
copy-paste the ips to get rid off blockouts. (not my finding! this is very old)

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Would someone mind adding their 2 cents to my post about this same hacker, Gary McKinnon at this link.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think I may be on to something here and I would love to get a discussion on it going!!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by krif
the list of systems he've hacked into
copy-paste the ips to get rid off blockouts. (not my finding! this is very old)

Things like these either say that a) they make the ip's public knowingly.. for god knows what reason.. or b) someone very computer illiterate made this document.

Im going with option b here. Things such as these just go along way to prove that the security might actually been as bad as McKinnong said it was.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Reasons why his story is worthless:

1.) he probably wouldnt have the money or time to hack the encryption on the government computers.
2.) the computers probably arent wired to the internet if they had INCREDIBLY sensitive information like that.
3.) you can't just "search" with keywords trough a government TOP SECRET computer, why the hell would they put in that function if the person who is accessing the computer for information probably knows exactly where to go to access the information.
4.) If it was that secret of information (UFO's and antigravity) then why would the government even allow his testimony about the topic or his hacking activities? If it was true they would never give him time in court or any press, they would immediately send him to quantanimo or some other secret location.
5.) and lastly two articles or a loose collection of fact-lacking new reports does not constitute a "real" story.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can respond to # 4. This story was picked up early by the BBC, hence national coverage in the U.K. Having national media attention will make subverting the most serious crimes impossible. Since then the BBC has more or less followed it due to the story's popularity.

What evidence would you need to believe this story texas dan? Do you need pictures and videos to prove its true or do you actually need to see a UFO in person?

I might be wrong but the U.S. usually doesn't extradite criminals unless the crime/offense warrants it. 70 years in jail for breaking a few not-so-secret military sites, I don't think so.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
Point is , i seen a show a few yrs back that dealt with this subject .

and like i said in my last post - the military does not keep top secret material on computers that can be tapped into by any outside lines .
and especially not by hackers . - get real -.

end of story .

I would assume logically your right about the computers with sensitive info on them not to be connected to the internet. Do you have any more info on this - and how does the government send this sensitive data, say to different departments, different agencies, ect? Would it be a LAN based system of some sort? And could that kind of connection be hacked from an exterior source? I dont know what OS they would operate on, but if this guy did somehow hack into a government computer with secret documents, is it possible for a Linux box to hack a Windows box, ect? I know exactly didly about hacking lol, so forgive my simple questions on the subject. Thanks in advance Briggs for any info you can provide.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by txdan06
Reasons why his story is worthless:

1.) he probably wouldnt have the money or time to hack the encryption on the government computers.
2.) the computers probably arent wired to the internet if they had INCREDIBLY sensitive information like that.
3.) you can't just "search" with keywords trough a government TOP SECRET computer, why the hell would they put in that function if the person who is accessing the computer for information probably knows exactly where to go to access the information.
4.) If it was that secret of information (UFO's and antigravity) then why would the government even allow his testimony about the topic or his hacking activities? If it was true they would never give him time in court or any press, they would immediately send him to quantanimo or some other secret location.
5.) and lastly two articles or a loose collection of fact-lacking new reports does not constitute a "real" story.

#1 - You're assuming that all data on those 'government computers' is encrypted and hardly inaccesible.

#2 - This internet was born out of ARPANET which was a development of the DoD. It's public knowledge that the military runs it's own grlobal networks such as the defunt MILNET. However, simply accessing a machine which is present on both networks, military and Internet, would present a possible route to the 'other side' with which you could exploit.

#3 - You've got an idea that you can't 'search with keywords trough a government TOP SECRET computer'... but i've got a feeling you're assuming things again.

You don't need to chastise someone to deliver your assumptions.

I'm sure that hacker guy saw a whole lotta intresting stuff. How would he know to differentiate fact from fiction though? I'm sayin'; say he's surfing through all these files and happens to come across some interesting stuff. i.e., pictures, documentation, etc. detailing some fancy technologies. If he did, can he be sure he didn't come across say, 'social engineering' projects, investigations (...a file on 'secret russian technology' that was found on the internet to begin with), designs, blah blah blah...

Know what i'm sayin'?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock

#1 - You're assuming that all data on those 'government computers' is encrypted and hardly inaccesible.

#2 - This internet was born out of ARPANET which was a development of the DoD. It's public knowledge that the military runs it's own grlobal networks such as the defunt MILNET. However, simply accessing a machine which is present on both networks, military and Internet, would present a possible route to the 'other side' with which you could exploit.

#3 - You've got an idea that you can't 'search with keywords trough a government TOP SECRET computer'... but i've got a feeling you're assuming things again.

Ok sorry i guess i just dont believe every story that is posted on the internet... pardon me being a skeptic.

Responding to your replies:

1.) Explain to me why the government wouldnt make files with that much sensitive information encrypted and inaccessible? Of course they would because if the information is that great they would go at tremendous lengths to keep it secret.

2.) Once again you are talking about a "possibility" which does not necessarily mean that it is Probable. Not to mention how would he get past the mounds and mounds of security that these amazingly Secret information would have? Or possibly know where to look or start.

3.) I explained earlier why the government wouldnt use a "search" function within its computer. Not to mention that you would probably have to use other forms of access other than a computer to get that information. It is ridiculous to think that a hacker could possibly "enter, search, and discover" Ultra sensitive documents. Oh and yes of course i am assuming... assuming that the goverment cares slightly about the information which it plans to keep secret, and I also assume that you all have brains also and will realize that just because the story involves "ufo's" and "government coverups" doesnt always mean that there is something secret going on. Those are simply key words that perked your interest, therefore influencing you to throw your full support behind it because you sincerely believe in it.

His story is just another load dropped... on the searching minds of the wanting.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok, check this out Dan.

#1 - My own assumptions about this are based on my experience working with people in the industry as well as the time i'd spent doing sysadmin work. Security is something that's seriously lacking in today's networked world, security enforcement is lacking even greater. While i'm sure there are policies in place, IMO it's damn near impossible that each branch of our government has managed to enforce their security policies 100%. All you need is a single person to screw up - in this example, encrypted data. Let's say that there are a number of Windows-based machines running through different government agencies but all are a part of a greater domain using Windows networking for file security (this would be the encrypting part). All you would need to do in order to gain access to the whole system would be to acquire an account with elevated privelages. Simple as that. Where ciould you gain access to said account? You eiter exploit a flaw, dive into a dumpster, do some social engineering, etc.. Of course, you could also start checking for any nodes on the wire which cintain simple or default accounts and passwords.

#2 - This isn't really an assumption of mine, I can't remember offhand the name of our military's current network. There are even routers located in the same major points of distribution as our own internet backbone. Strands of fiber running with our own Internet that are carrying this military network as well as their own redundant fiber running elsewhere. I'm sure there are a few people on ATS who have done physical work at a major Tier-1 NOC and have seen these rooms, it's not some sort of conspiracy. That, and also like I explained, a machine on both networks creates the route.

#3 - Windows-based machines have a built in search function as well as the indexing service. That's just to point out that a tool does exist. Now, returning to #1, let's say the person manages to acquire elevated access to this system (which is what I believe this fella that was in the news did). 'Encrypted' files managed through this domain system are now all available at your disposal.

See, like I pointed out earlier, some of you guys are coming to the conclusion that this hacker dude found out all sorts of mysterious information. I don't doubt that he's found interesting things... but how can anyone be sure as to the nature of his discovery? He could have come across marketing stuff, campaign stuff, DISINFORMATION, etc...

Don't just write this guy off like he's got his head up his ass. Whatever the hacker fella came across might be something, and possibly something that's just not of interest.

Oh, and this don't mean that I believe what anyone has to say about the subject... I just take it with a grain of salt and wait to see what matures out of it. Definitely tough to swallow but I neither know for sure or am able to disprove whats been presented.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by vinrock]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"Ok sorry i guess i just dont believe every story that is posted on the internet... pardon me being a skeptic."

No, TexasDan, pardon you for being ignorant. This story is making front page coverage of the BBC. google this hackers name and the BBC.

The BBC is well known and respected from both sides of the isle, take note!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit

No, TexasDan, pardon you for being ignorant. This story is making front page coverage of the BBC. google this hackers name and the BBC.

The BBC is well known and respected from both sides of the isle, take note!

HAHA "pardon [me] for being ignorant?" how dare you compare someone who doesnt take face value of everything as "ignorant" instead you should look at the mass of individuals who take EVERYTHING as a conspiracy. How dare you compare my ignorance against the ignorance that evidently resides in your own head. You ignore logical facts and reasonings for the goal of "denying ignorance." But instead you give value to every article, every witness, and every small website that makes posts about some remote topic usually dealing with UFO's or another key word that will perk your limited interests. You show your ignorance about ignoring the logic of the situation and instead relying on a story conveyed to you by a major news organization. Oh and last time i checked the British media is notorious for its hunger to critize the government and individuals (that is perfectly fine but usually they do it more than other nation's press's) And just because BBC is a respected agency doesn't mean that every person they interview or quote from is a "good" source or "truthful" source. Say if CNN has an article about a man claiming to see TOP SECRET government test airplanes, that doesn't validate the source as being correct. Of course there is the small probablility that the man is correct, but yet you see the massive weight of facts against him, and that is what weakens his already sandy ground his story sits on.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I called you ignornant for the fact that you have not heard of the BBC, maybe if you leave the great nation of texas for a week you too might learn some new things.

Thanks for writing a hearty paragraph to make up for your rash judgements.

Do you always take the government's side in conspiracy theories, if so be prepared to get big points on ATS for it!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First of all i never said i had never heard of the BBC- its one of the most recognized and valid news agencies out there but.... that doesn't take out the idea that all of their sources aren't completely accurate. Also i probably have ventured far more outside the state of Texas than you have in your whole life. I have been to Europe, South America, North America, and Asia. To say that i have not been under the influence of other cultures and societies is a non factual statement. Also in the regards to my "siding" with the government let me say this: not only do i scrutinize my goverment i take active steps against many policies in place. But to take every critizism of the goverment seriously is folly especially when the facts far negate the structure of the story.

Personally this story is a waste of time, but i merely wanted to make an example for the rest of those ridiculous posts out there that eat away at the posts that have a decent amount of fact and reasoning behind them. Also i have a problem with the blind stubborness of the many individuals of this forum to throw thier full support behind idiotic stories. It is our duty to "Deny Ignorance" and to question the every movement of the government, but when the stories and the hollow conspiracies form at every forum i click on continue this moronic tone, i get quite annoyed.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by txdan06]

[edit on 19-5-2006 by txdan06]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Like I said before Dan, sorry we didn't have any proof in the form of rapid-shot photos or high-resolution videos of anti-gravity. Maybe next time. Just remember Dan, pessimism will You get everywhere!

Yea, the U.S. probably hasn't been working on anti-gravity anyways.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh im sorry im not a mindless sponge that takes in every story he/she hears- oh wait thats you! maybe next time we will create a story about UFO's and George Bush! wow thats sensational!! amazing!! it has all the keywords you need to perk YOUR interest! OH and remember that optimism is the key to everything!! oh and the U.S. probably has invested money into anti-gravity but if you look at the DARPA budget they invest in many many other types of POSSIBLE technologies. Oh yea you know the government just loves to keep a massive anti-gravity that is actually (according to the article) in full developement and is being implemented in the U.S. Military!! wow that is so amazing how all of that information would be inaccessible since it would be secret!!! obviously if you put that much effort into keeping it secret when it was being made and developed, then how come they wouldnt put that much effort into keeping it a secret? Its ok.... your from Britain (i think*) you only almost lost two wars because of your government ( oh wait i forgot about all of the colonies you lost before that, oh not to mention the two times you fought America and lost) so you MUST be skeptical of your governments performance??? Not to mention you seem like a very bright individual who seems to have "soaked" up all of the knowledge around him, and yes you believe pretty much what is fed to you. Yet you do seem intelligent enough to decipher a bogus story from a true one right? oh i guess you failed that too

[edit on 20-5-2006 by txdan06]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken on a Stick
What's up Pyros! I see there is a fellow Cryptographer in the house!! LoL. I like it when subjects like this come up, because this is my slice of the pie. I am a Cryptographic/Computer System Controller in the Air Force. (3C2X1), working on SIPRNET (secret), and SCINET (top secret).

*trimmed due to length*

Great post CoaS
Wish I had more to say on the matter, but I'm in no way informed on the subject (but I am moreso now
)

[edit on 24-5-2006 by john_bmth]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This documentary by PBS Frontline talks about hacking attacks to commercial and government networks and cyber-terrorism. I think it sheds some light on the issue that you guys are talking about...

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 12/14/2006 by mulder762002]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join