It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Aliens Debunk Religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
But if infact god created the universe, the only proof would be, the aliens believeing in god. Or even knowing who he is. Or maybe they would have some weird space religion.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe it would be extremely likely for the aliens to have a religion of some sorts. However, what that religion is may be something totally and utterly alien.

Who knows, maybe the aliens won't believe in the power of "God" - but instead in the power of "big, silver, shiny things". It's just as possible.

In essence, what I'm saying is that we say we believe in God. The aliens won't believe in "God" - but they will believe in something like God. Brahma for Hindus is, in fact, God - but it's so powerful that it cannot be understood - and so Brahma seperates himself into the gods Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahman in order to be understood - and these gods break themselves down further and further.

You have to realize that any belief in a "higher presence" is the belief in God - not just our narrow view of the big man in the clouds.

But if aliens believe in a God, it still does not prove His existance. As I've said elsewhere - we will only know God when we die... and even then, I'm starting to think that there'll be only more questions... and we still won't see God.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nouvelle
Hyperthetically,
If aliens did infact come to earth. Say peaceful and willing to help us to advance our technology and cure diseases. And someone explained to them the theory of god. One man creating the earth, and all the life, etc etc. Would a far advanced race even take a second to consider it, or make a attempt to debunk it because of their far advanced inteligence.
Or do they have their own "god" figure and would they push it on us?

Would they laugh, if told tales about men creating the Universe? Of course they would...who wouldn't? But we're not talking "men" here...we're talking God. What makes you think Aliens don't believe in a God? Why else (they might ask) does matter as we percieve it, grow in recurring patterns from atoms? Why isn't the Universe, instead, simply a vast space filled with a subatomic "fog"? Why (they just might ask) don't all humans believe in God?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

No matter how smart an "alien" is, they do not have the power to create themselves from nothing.

A non-croporeal species that does not exist in linear time or a fixed space might be able to.

But, corporeal species, for the most part evolved from basic organic matter, so most of them can not' you're correct.

A non-corporeal species not existing in linear space/time could have the unique prospective of seeing the beginning and the end of their universe, thus giving them the real inside scoop on whether or not there's a God.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
When we are born, we start to learn from those more experienced than us,and this learning has come down from the time of the old testament up to the present day with all the advancements of knowledge,even in the bible it says that man cannot even understand the ways of God,so for this statement that was made so long ago,even now shows how much we still don,t know.Look at the pyramids,where did this knowledge come from so long ago,also the materials to build the structure.We have advanced to the stage whereas this past 100 years to tv ,nuclear,dvd, pc,s,rockets to space, etc,and yet we still cannot understand things from the past,now that we are going into this new age, this maybe soon unfold, i hope so.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think it may be presumptious to ascribe human-created ideas like peace, war and even god onto other beings.

Also, the assumption that the universe was created from nothing is very likely incorrect.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The real Question is, Would religion try to debunk aliens?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The Babylonians believed that thier Gods came from the sky. And that they were solely created to mine gold for the Gods, who needed the gold to fix thier homes. Humans were modeled after the Gods own characteristics so that they could work hard. Could these Gods have just been Aliens? That would give some explanation as to why or how the pyramids were built later on. Maybe the ancients still had connections with the Gods (aliens) back then.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by salsa
There is no God, 1st off, If those Aliens came down and explained the whole story too us I think we(humans) would rather See them dead than change our beliefe system (B.S). So in other words I hope so. Religion is pretty much usless.

its been Prophesised that would happen.
right about the time of the rapture..i can see the path your going down.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Unfortunately, that's the direction most people go in. Organized Religion has pretty much always done more harm than good - but spirituality is what has brought out the best in people. Believing in God does not mean that you are religious.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in pretty much everything that happened in the Bible. I think that if Jesus did exist, then he had one message that's been much too warped - and it's this: "Be Excellent To Each Other"

That's it man. All that BS about "the only path is through me" and "Mary was a virgin!" and "Kill the heretic!" stuff is bunk and stupid. And don't think for a moment that it's just restricted to christianity. Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism... they're all guilty. Organized religion is an oxymoron, for everyone's beliefs are unique and personalized, and cannot be so easily grouped into one category. Everyone has the right to believe what they will.

i dont think you have all the info . Relegion isnt bad , man is though.
and Jesus never said you had to be in a religion or even be a christian to go to heaven..and he never said kill anyone .

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 56
what if god did not create us but created the aliens and they created us?

maybe you never know. Even still it doesnt change the message.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
if aliens on another planet are looking into the night sky .
And they see strange lights in the sky, do they call them Ufo's ?.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Briggs]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
i dont think you have all the info . Relegion isnt bad , man is though.
and Jesus never said you had to be in a religion or even be a christian to go to heaven..and he never said kill anyone .

Your right, man is bad - and religion is the word of god as interpreted by man.

Beliefs, beliefs aren't bad. Beliefs, in fact, are great. And if your religion makes you a better person - then I'm all for ya!

And you're right, Jesus never said you had to be a Christian, or to kill people - but that's where our good friends the extremist fundamentalists come in! They spin words around to convince people of impossibilities. For example, I have heard from one fundamentalist (even though he wasn't an extremist) "Jesus said, 'I am the light and the path, you cannot get to God except through me' - which means that you must follow Jesus if you wish to go to heaven."

I just say "Why? Couldn't he also be saying that if you idolize him and then, essentially, be a good person, that you'll go to heaven?". He said no, it just isn't... and well... no point arguing with people like that, they don't even try to make a debate of it.

And as for killing people - I'm pretty sure those that can get away with it take themselves on a power trip every time they do it. I pray that Christianity never goes back to the times of the witch-trials and crusades, where people followed and believed blindly, and where those in power became corrupted with their hollow beliefs that they were sent to do god's will - and then use that power to gain personal possessions.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My first post on this site....... but as this seems to be aimless speculation, one could as well speculate that aliens arriving on earth might just as well be dumbfounded that human's had so little inclination to believe in "God", if their own philosophy was such as to make Him a certainty.

Rob.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by d60944]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the only question is what will we do if they claim with factial evidence that they are the ones spoken of in the bible / koran?

I believe that this may happen with a great percentage if they come religion has to addept but I don't believe that it may happen because of what religion has done for ages..

destroying and trying to get it all away if it under mines there views.

that is one of the reasons why they are against further excavasion of the area under and around the sphinx that is why they dismiss the mounting evidence of the the sphinx and much more object to be older than 10000 years and they still claim they were build 5000 years top ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not exactly, wouldn't they just prove stuff in theology and mythology to be techinqually true? I guess it depends what you know and where you stand.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"Would Aliens Debunk Religion?"

I think that any debunking would be in the way of debunking the religions and
the god(s) that man has created in his own image (to the dismay of many).

By definition:

God is the Always Was
God is the All
God is the Always Will Be

Therefore, Moses asked God, "Which God shall I tell them sent me?" What is Your name? (3:13).

God replied to Moses, "I AM THAT I AM" (v. 14).

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
there will always be people who try to put a spin on religion for good or bad. And there will always be people who try to make it more complicated than it has to be..And we could go on and on about it.
but think about this - jesus said - for whom so ever believes in me shall have ever lasting life... thats such a simple but incrediable statment.
he didnt say idolize me or kill for me or bow down and pray 7 times a day
he didnt say join a church or become abstonent or tell everyone in the world that they are evil because they dont believe..

And your right Jesus did say the only to God is through him.
we all have a gut feeling of between what is right and wrong , and Jesus is
saying , Just beleieve in me and try to live a good a life , try to do good and through me you will get into heaven.

Such a simple thing to do and yet leave it to man to make it so complicated.

Be a good person , help each other .

Jesus knows were not perfect, and hes not asking anyone to be perfect.
all he ask , is be a good person and beleive that he came here to help.
and you will go to heaven.
Sounds like a good deal to me .

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
My first post on this site....... but as this seems to be aimless speculation, one could as well speculate that aliens arriving on earth might just as well be dumbfounded that human's had so little inclination to believe in "God", if their own philosophy was such as to make Him a certainty.

Rob.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by d60944]

Or you could say , Aliens came here wondering why we advanced so far , but yet are so Stupid as to not beleive that there is a God.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'd say alien beings must have their own sense of religion or concept of God. Anyway, they give one the feeling they do. And, most probably they have some form of what we call the "Good Book", which when one thinks about it is the makers "drivers manual" for space ship Earth. In Genesis (chap. 1 vs 1 and 16), it states God made the heavens, and the stars(that would include the universe itself, or else how could you have stars without it), and that would further include what ever exists on the stars or planets ..humanoid beings for example... the Grays... our space brothers and sisters.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join