It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Aliens Debunk Religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hyperthetically,
If aliens did infact come to earth. Say peaceful and willing to help us to advance our technology and cure diseases. And someone explained to them the theory of god. One man creating the earth, and all the life, etc etc. Would a far advanced race even take a second to consider it, or make a attempt to debunk it because of their far advanced inteligence.
Or do they have their own "god" figure and would they push it on us?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think that it is possible they would laugh, if they could. They may in myth be the God we have been searching for. The Babylonians believe that thier Gods came from space and created humans to mine for gold because the home of the gods needed it to fix thier own problems. So the aliens (Gods) created creatures like themselves to fix thier problems here on earth. That is one theory anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While this whole idea is silly, I will comment anyway.

No matter how smart an "alien" is, they do not have the power to create themselves from nothing.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No matter how smart an "alien" is, they do not have the power to create themselves from nothing.

Nobody said that the aliens created themselves if they were "God", just that they created us. And that is very much possible. Take whatever primitive ape-like man was laying around, mix it with a little bit of alien love-juice, and voila, there's your missing link

Did God even create himself? No. The Bible doesn't even say that. All the Bible really says is that God created everything that is on Earth, as that is all people knew existed at the time. And that would be easy for an advanced civilization. Heck, we can almost terraform a planet ourselves now, and we're already genetically manipulating stuff. Imagine what "God-like" abilities we will have in another thousand years!

It is my personal opinion that not even God itself could create itself. It had to be created by it's own God!

I personally think that aliens would try to make themselves appear God-like and convince everyone that they are gods, even if they weren't. And then all the Christians would call them false prophets and devils and yeah but anyway...

Case re-opened

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

A non-croporeal species that does not exist in linear time or a fixed space might be able to.

But, corporeal species, for the most part evolved from basic organic matter, so most of them can not' you're correct.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
*** I forgot to mention that in the theory of the Babylonian Alien Gods, that I read there was a 2,000 year leap in evolution that has yet to be accounted for. That is, of course if you believe evolution. And, of course, the missing leap happened during the time of the first civilizations. Again it is all just information, but is a theoretical possibility. And should maybe be considered in this thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The whole aliens being God issue is stupid. Im not very religous, so dont blame that for being my view on the subject.

God's do not crash land on our planet. (If you believe any of them actually visit at all)

For God's sake.. (should I say Alien's?) if they can create man, surely they can visit our planet and not crash into the ground. Do God's need to abduct us? Or mutilate cows? Or create crop circles? Or fly in our skys in ships?

We have as much proof of God as we do of alien life.

Did God create himself? Does it matter, it is the same thing if you view aliens as being the God.

If there is an alien view on creation or God it would be that there is no God.

That would make sense to me.

I believe in some sort of God but it is neither alien nor human.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What if the aliens come down and explain all of our mysteries. after all they were co-creators for adam.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How were they co creators of "adam"?

Were you there at the dawn of man kind?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There is no God, 1st off, If those Aliens came down and explained the whole story too us I think we(humans) would rather See them dead than change our beliefe system (B.S). So in other words I hope so. Religion is pretty much usless.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Unfortunately, that's the direction most people go in. Organized Religion has pretty much always done more harm than good - but spirituality is what has brought out the best in people. Believing in God does not mean that you are religious.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in pretty much everything that happened in the Bible. I think that if Jesus did exist, then he had one message that's been much too warped - and it's this: "Be Excellent To Each Other"

That's it man. All that BS about "the only path is through me" and "Mary was a virgin!" and "Kill the heretic!" stuff is bunk and stupid. And don't think for a moment that it's just restricted to christianity. Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism... they're all guilty. Organized religion is an oxymoron, for everyone's beliefs are unique and personalized, and cannot be so easily grouped into one category. Everyone has the right to believe what they will.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
How were they co creators of "adam"?

Were you there at the dawn of man kind?

"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,”
Gen. 1:26

If the aliens never heard of the bible then the religion of the western world in bunk and should be discarded immediatly. THat means we made God up and he doesn't exist outside of our minds.
If the aliens know who God is then it confirms western religion.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't think they would even though they could. Knowing the amount of potential damage it could cause them to make themselves an enemy of such types of institutions, they would keep out of it as much as possible. They would also realize that it is such an integral part of our beings they would be changing our very make up to challenge our beliefs. At least in the beginning after maybe a hundred years or so of general contact they may try to "enlighten" us. Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Is "God" not an extra-terrestrial by definition?

Anyway, I'm not sure if they would subscribe to our idea of God, but from some previous ATS threads, one or two people who communicate with ETs claim that ETs are aware of one supreme being existing, who created everything....so I'd say the aliens believe in god too

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Are they aware of it? or do they just assume it's there like we do?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They would just Debunk all the sects (I.E Islam, Evangelical Christians) and make us realize that The Church Of Latter Day Saints is the true one

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok, I dont think the existance of ET's debunks religion at all, God only related that he had created us, he never mentioned if he had created any other groups of people either..... In fact it would seem entirely plausible that he had.... Do you think that God would not experiment?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Ok, I dont think the existance of ET's debunks religion at all, God only related that he had created us, he never mentioned if he had created any other groups of people either..... In fact it would seem entirely plausible that he had.... Do you think that God would not experiment?

You got your self a point there, Lol feel sorry for all those races he screwed up on.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
what if god did not create us but created the aliens and they created us?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Better yet, how about we skip right to "God created the universe - then said 'And that's that! I'm taking a vacation for the rest of eternity!'"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join