It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS "Best Conspiracy Podcast Competition"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

As I've been mentioning in my SkepticOverview podcasts, we have a new competition on ATS to give one brilliant member a chance to win an iPod nano.

We want to encourage members to fully embrace the ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance" as we continue head-long down the path of podcasting on ATS. The most brilliant conspiracy-theory and "alternative" themed content on the Internet springs forth from the ATS discussion board every week. Now let's show the world we've mastered podcasting as well, and raise the bar to a level everyone else will struggle to match.

All ATS Forum topics qualify for this contest. Music, talk, humor, introductions, and other non-ATS-theme podcasts are not considered part of this event.

How it works

Any ATS podcast on the ATS feed posted before 18:00 GMT on November 15th is eligible for this contest.

After November 15th, members will have one week to nominate their favorite three podcasts (you won't be able to nominate your own). The top ten that receive the most votes will be compiled into a final voting form for all members to make their final single selection for the best ATS podcast of the final ten.

The top three finishers will all receive a special limited edition ATS PODcasting T-shirt (not available for sale). The ATS executive panel (admin and two select super mods) will pick the one podcast they feel best represents the ideals, goals, and spirit of the "Deny Ignorance" motto of ATS, and award that brilliant podcaster a brand new 4gb iPod nano.

After we're done

The top ten finishers will be featured on the main site home page for three months, and their member podcast feeds will receive custom cover-art and registry in iTunes and Yahoo Podcasts.

The winner will receive a permanent and prominent place on the ATS home page as the first winner of the "Best Conspiracy PODcast Competition".

Use this thread for any questions on the contest.

Staff and the families of staff are not eligible for this contest.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
very niiice idea...

good luck all...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
WOW

What a great idea! Fair play guys for putting this one together...I can see it drawing a lot of attention.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Woohooo!

This sh ould bring out some great stuff from the members! Can't wait to hear what people do! Good luck everyone! Don't hold back, and have fun!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh man, I can't wait to hear some of these. I've got a feeling there will be some truly awesome material up there, better than usual if possible.

You'd be surprised what people would do for a shirt.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i understand i cannot take part in the competition.
wish i could but rules are rules!

good luck everyone who takes part, you all have it in you!

oni x x

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

You'd be surprised what people would do for a shirt.

You twit!

...but my daughter would definitely like an iPod...

The 15th you say? Better get on that. Now, where the heck did I put my thoughts...? [Scrambles around under the table in mounting desperation.]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How long is the MP3 allowed to be, as in time wise and file size??

I am wondering cause some of the best things can take a while to exsplain..

cause a good talk on say 9/11 can take over 60 minutes easy giving all facts in the case.

I am just wondering I am thinking of something to do, not for the prize just something that isnt discussed on ATS much.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
cause a good talk on say 9/11 can take over 60 minutes easy giving all facts in the case.

Split it into 3 parts, and upload parts 2 and 3 as a PODcast reply to your first post (part 1).

Simple.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by ThichHeaded:

quote: Originally posted by Skeptic Overlord:

Split it into 3 parts, and upload parts 2 and 3 as a PODcast reply to your first post (part 1).

Simple.

If I may SO . . .

Please be sure to reference podcast 2, 3, 4, etc. in the initial reply to your submission.

This way potential listeners/voters will be aware that your submission is segmented.

By doing so you will lessen the possibility of listeners/voters basing their response/VOTE solely upon your initial podcast, as opposed to doing so based upon the entirety of said submission.

Good Luck and Happy Podding!

[edit on 10/12/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanx for clearing that up guys..

We have a tad over 30 days... Hope to see some good things come out of this.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh man, I've been having a blast podcasting and now I have to actually give it some serious thought. I'm terrible at that

I've been railing against organized religion on a BTS pod thread, maybe i could turn it into an out-right diatribe. Ooohhhhh.....This could be fun!

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, duh.

I've been thinking I had a day to finish. But the deadling is November 15th, not October. Yea. I guess. 'Cuz I kinda need pressure to produce...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, I've got mine done. Now all I can do is wait and pray
. An iPod would be sweet but I would actually want an ATS shirt even more lol. PLEASE. I WILL WALK IT AND FEED IT EVERY DAY. haha. Vote for me when the time comes if you have one of your three votes left over. Thanks =).

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hahaha, I'm not the only one here that would prefer an ATS t-shirt to an ipod nano...
Good to see ^_^

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well it's not really that I don't want a Nano, as much as that you can't just go out and buy the ATS shirt. I could go take a 5 minute drive and fork out a few hundred dollars and have an iPod, but you can't buy ATS merchandise (yet?), and plus it's limited edition
. Actually I don't know if I could decide whether I would wear the shirt every day, or frame it
But I'm sure anybody else who is going to enter the contest feels the same. In the 1% chance that I do happen to win a shirt, I will be posting a picture of me wearing it, looking quiiite proud. lol.

In fact, I'd even put it on my resumé. lmao.
"Proud Winner of The 2005 ATS "Best Conspiracy Podcast" Competition."

Ahh but seriously. Time to stop dreaming and getting my hopes up. haha. Good luck nrky (and everyone else)!!

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
but you can't buy ATS merchandise (yet?),

ATS Merchandise Store

[edit on 15-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
ATS Merchandise Store

Maybe there should be a more obvious link to the store on the main page?

(Maybe there is, I'm just too lazy to check)

[edit on 16/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

top topics

join