It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian Military Uniforms: Amazing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like those boys in your pictures are doing a confidence assault course, fairly common training in almost any Army in the World.
I would be more interested in seeing some pics of their Battalion or Division size training, combined arms including air support etc. An army needs to perform well at a divisional level as well as Platoon and squad level. Something the UK and US exel at. Its all well and good having individual units working well together at a squad or platoon level if they cant co-ordinate their efforts with armoured and air support.
My point is that although im sure Iranian Soldiers of the more elite Revolutionary Guard are good quality Soldiers the rank and file who make up the majority of the Iranian Army i believe ( could be wrong on that please correct me if i am ) will not be a patch on your average British sqaddie or US grunt. Iran has a quite large onscript standing Army dosnt it?
Conscript Armies dont tend to perform that well, just ask Saddam.

NR

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Looks like those boys in your pictures are doing a confidence assault course, fairly common training in almost any Army in the World.
I would be more interested in seeing some pics of their Battalion or Division size training, combined arms including air support etc. An army needs to perform well at a divisional level as well as Platoon and squad level. Something the UK and US exel at. Its all well and good having individual units working well together at a squad or platoon level if they cant co-ordinate their efforts with armoured and air support.
My point is that although im sure Iranian Soldiers of the more elite Revolutionary Guard are good quality Soldiers the rank and file who make up the majority of the Iranian Army i believe ( could be wrong on that please correct me if i am ) will not be a patch on your average British sqaddie or US grunt. Iran has a quite large onscript standing Army dosnt it?

Janus those people being trained in those pics are normal soldiers, you would never ever want to join Irans special forces because we take it hardcore for real and are among the best.

These 2 guys are actually going at it due to all the training they had.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow, I love their tactical gear, looks scary!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With all due respect NR Iran is such a closed society that those pictures dont really tell us much at all. They are, im sure you will agree, staged publicity shots.
Those kind of pictures dont tell us much at all, and as i pointed out those pictures of the assault course are common in any army in the world, even conscripts need to be trained right? just because you can show us some glossy pictures of Soldiers training dosent indicate their quality.
I would expect any SF training to be hard, but as we infantrymen like say "Special Forces make movies, Infanteers make history "
I would like to see some pictures of the rank and file, not recruitment posters for the Republican guard before i would even hazard a comment about the everyday Iranian Army, and what you have shown so far are publicity shots, i could go on google now and get similer pictures from a half a dozen countries almost exactly the same.
Sure they look nice, but will they stand? I know the UK and US will, but will Iran when the inevitable happens?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I had a look on Global Security and they have an interesting breakdown of the Iranian Army as it stands now.
Apparently Iran has a standing Army of about 350,000 men of those aprox 200,000 are conscripts, around about 2/3.
Iran also has some interesting gear, about 1000 tanks including some Russian T-55s, T-59s, T-62s, and T-72s and also some older British and US models like the Chieftain and some M60's.
The Iranian force orginisation is quite interesting too.

Link

No one knows how many reserve battalions the Iranians have but it also seems the Iranians have built their own Main Battle Tank although i havent been able to find any pictures of it, i would gues it is based on the Russian model.
I think that the link above provides more valuble information regarding the Iranian Army than the pictures that were provided.
But back on topic, the tactical gear that the Iranian SF use does look very good

Sep

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I had a look on Global Security and they have an interesting breakdown of the Iranian Army as it stands now.
Apparently Iran has a standing Army of about 350,000 men of those approximately 200,000 are conscripts, around about 2/3.

That is kind of misleading because the Iranian army is divided into two sections. The Revolutionary guards and the regular army. The IRGC has 125000 men. So over all the army is just a little over half a million.

Originally posted by JanusIran also has some interesting gear, about 1000 tanks including some Russian T-55s, T-59s, T-62s, and T-72s and also some older British and US models like the Chieftain and some M60's.

Yes that and a few of the homemade tanks making a grand total of just over 1500. However the Iranian concentrate a lot of their strengths on artillery as it worked wonders during the 8-year war. We currently have just less than 2000 artillery pieces.

Originally posted by JanusNo one knows how many reserve battalions the Iranians have but it also seems the Iranians have built their own Main Battle Tank although i havent been able to find any pictures of it, i would gues it is based on the Russian model.

Its actually a mix of many tanks, both eastern and western and some of Iran's own engineering. We made 3 MBTs, Zolfaghar 1, Zolfaghar 2 and Zolafaghar 3. Here is some info on Z-3

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Israel has a very good conscript army, but your quite right, mostly they don't fare too well but there is always one that breaks the rule.

- Phil

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That is some Army there super cool actions and dicipline at the highst in their posture increadible Iranians servering there nation

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
And as for those guys scrutinizing the "marching methods" of the Iranian troops, no offence guys, but a few years back when I had gone to see the International fleet review at Mumbai, the guys from the USN, were.. ummm..literally walking down the parade path..

If you look closely enough you can make out this fact in the pic below:

Is walking classified as a type of march?

Here's a another pic where it looks like they're all in synch except for a few places here and there where hands are not in synch.. but still in realtime "walking" looks a little lame IMO..
What do you say?
And are raybans the in-thing while marching in that hot sun these days?

Not too much room to practice marching on board ship unless you're on a carrier. Even then there are more important things to do with the flight deck. Except for members of the Navy Band and a few ceremonial units the majority of sailors don't do any marching once they finish Boot Camp.

As far as Ray Bans go I was issued prescription Ray Ban sunglasses by the Navy. This was so that they would fit under my goggles and flight helmet.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
sorry 2 nitpick but

I seriously doubt those are HK G3's
I am pretty sure they are the FN FAL

heres a FN FAL

and heres a HK G3 *Its the gun on the Bottom * Pls ignore the submachine gun on above it lol

external image

EDIT

Ah ok dang it ; it IS the HK G3 *maybe even the G3A3 since they rock*

I checked the stock really closely and now i see the differance

Its a HK g3 case closed

but pfft

the FN FAL is better

[edit on 2-11-2005 by muzzleflash]

mod edit to resize image

[edit on 2-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Even if they were not in jungle camo, whats up with all the goose stepping?

Ah yes, goose-stepping. Same marching style used in the past and present by the soldiers of many hard-line, dictatorial regimes. Why do they all seem to love goose-stepping so much?

As for the soldiers, they pretty much look "all show and no go" to me.

Nothing has changed with this.

[edit on 11/2/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They seem like they will make nice targets for things like these:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Maybe I'm missing the point here. Does someone believe that we haven't sold uniforms, armor, and equipment to Iran? Or that we don't have "our hands in the pot" in just about every way permittable in that country?

I'm sure if the government stops selling these things, then they'll move to another country to buy their gear. Who knows, maybe they'll pick up a copy of:

And buy in bulk by mail
. A pricey option compared to the U.S or other governments, but they could always pick them up on e-bay for $3.00:

cgi.ebay.com

[edit on 3-11-2005 by saint4God]

ed to shorten link

[edit on 6-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Strange color considering Iran is largely desert...must of got them off the Chinese discount rack.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Strange color considering Iran is largely desert...must of got them off the Chinese discount rack.

u talking about the new U.S. Army uniform? well its wat the U.S. military is basing their experience from the troops in the field which is Iraq where the soldiers are patroling and walked into an urban area with talk buildings and then 10 minutes later walk into a small of palm trees next to rivers then 10 minutes later walk into the desert. the military is hoping dat the uniform would be comprised of camo for 3 different environments like wooded, urban, and desert. instead of having to change uniforms wen u walk into a different area.

sorry nevermind u meant the Iranian uniform. thought u were responding to Saint4God's post.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by deltaboy]

[edit on 3-11-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Strange color considering Iran is largely desert...must of got them off the...discount rack.

Wow! I got it, I got it! Check this out. Ready for the headline?

U.S selling "forest green" BDU's (Battle Dress Uniforms) to Iranians:
A secret plot to have soldiers stand out like "trees in a desert".

In other news, the U.S. is planning on giving Tajikistan a great discount on all marine camo's!

[edit on 3-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
They seem like they will make nice targets for things like these:

I have read a few of your post, and you are right on!

Two key ideas:

1) The USMC just got rid of the same uniforms Iran is calling "new".

2) I have never seen a spinning kick (see NR's photos) beat a speeding bullet...

Sep

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Come on boys, why do you insist on ruining every single thread? So your army is good, do you want the rest of the world to start clapping? What are you trying to prove by putting down the uniforms of another countries military? And what’s with posting all the US army equipment on this thread? And what’s with the hostility? Do you have such insecurity that you feel that every thread about Iran is some how a threat to you or your military that you insist or ruining it?

Please, if you want to post random equipments of the US army and laugh, or if you want to post the uniforms of various branches of you military then do so in the appropriate thread.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Sep]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Calm down Sep... NR can't even see my posts... I'm on his ignore list

In any case, I'm just joking around, and this post is funny. The Unis are said to be "new" and yet are a 20 year old style.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
you're not wrong there Sep, war is pretty stupid as it is. There is no need to take things so personally and turn it into a you foreigners are pathetic our army is better than yours thread, jumping on every chance to take the piss.

Maybe this guy has a point www.iribnews.ir...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join