It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian Military Uniforms: Amazing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
there was a sacred defence parade last week and i just noticed some cool new militry suits which look very good, your opinions would help and also we are now using M-16's. Theres also new artilery tank and our own versian of SA-14 called SAHAND-3.

Iranian Troops with M-16.

New artilery tank.

iranian mde SA-14 ( SAHAND-3 )

[edit on 28-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
IMHO they look pretty frumpy.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mind posting a link? I cant view the pics for some reason. Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The uniform DPM pattern looks like the old US one, as for the M16's are they original or knock offs? They look ok, well about as ok as anyone can look in cammo anyway. But how good an army looks is not an indication of their effectiveness.
Not sure about the berets tho, they need to be shrunk fit a bit smaller so it dont look like you have a pancake on your head, Foreign legion style.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Janus]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I dont't see what's "amazing" about them, they look quite run of the mill to me.

Certainly not like the new digital camo patterns.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do you have a single photo where there isnt at least one soldier loosing his bearing and letting his eyes or head stray? Drill Sgt. would have had my face in the mud for doing some of the things they are doing. And in front of VIPs, no less!

That said, I was impressed when I saw the .308 battle riffles (cetmes, I think.) I do hope they get plenty of m-4 carbines, 5.56 sucks and the .308 has better chance of defeating American body armor.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i love the white and bright green scarves , they make a good aim point

PS - why are these uniforms " amazing " i see mothing amazing , sorry - the camo patern , material , cut etc are all pretty conventional

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh and dont they have Razors in Iran? If id turned up on parade with the desperate Dan Chins that are on show in those photos, id have been taken on the drill square and horse whipped. It looks bad, and suggests a lack of dicipline. Also not good if you have to don a gas mask, an unshaven face can interfere with the seal of the Gas Mask.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think those are G-35 Assualt rifles and not m-16's. Why would Iran want to use M-16's?

yea, actually those are G-35's.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
I think those are G-35 Assualt rifles and not m-16's. Why would Iran want to use M-16's?

yea, actually those are G-35's.

Hmm i dunno, they look more like HK G3's to me. Could be wrong though but there is a stong similarity between the Rifles in the top couple of pictures and the HK G3

Link

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
First thing strikes me is not the oversized berets or the weapons they are carrying.

I am struck by the camo. It is not urban concrete or daily desert, is it?
Looks like jungle wear.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
First thing strikes me is not the oversized berets or the weapons they are carrying.

I am struck by the camo. It is not urban concrete or daily desert, is it?
Looks like jungle wear.

I am assuming here that you think Iran is mainly desert?

Why do you think that?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Whew! Those took a looong time to appear!

OK....Very early G3, does not appear to have the newer drum rear sight (But may be, hard to determine in those pics).

They are M16A1's from the time of the Shaw (1970's).

The "artillery Tank" is nothing more than an old 175mm self-propelled Howitzer. Again, from the time of the Shaw (1960's)

The uniforms are, most likely, cheap Chinese copies, same with the web gear.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Army]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Can't see anything.....

You have the main link or something?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
great, they look like every modern army that was ever assembled. the green is a nice touch thou (seriously).

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good question Kriz_4.

When you asked I had to go looking myself. Here is the link:

www.photius.com...

Fast facts from what is there:

Climate: mostly arid or semiarid, subtropical along Caspian coast

Terrain: rugged, mountainous rim; high, central basin with deserts, mountains; small, discontinuous plains along both coasts

Land use:
arable land: 10%
permanent crops: 1%
permanent pastures: 27%
forests and woodland: 7%
other: 55% (1993 est.)

Irrigated land: 94,000 sq km (1993 est.)

Natural hazards: periodic droughts, floods; dust storms, sandstorms; earthquakes along western border and in the northeast

Environment - current issues: air pollution, especially in urban areas, from vehicle emissions, refinery operations, and industrial effluents; deforestation; overgrazing; desertification; oil pollution in the Persian Gulf; inadequate supplies of potable water

Environment - international agreements:
party to: Biodiversity, Climate Change, Desertification, Endangered Species, Hazardous Wastes, Marine Dumping, Nuclear Test Ban, Ozone Layer Protection, Wetlands

Arid, semi-arid, deserts, dust storms, sandstorms, deforestation, desertification, tend to portray the overall connotation that there is very little jungle there.

Or am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What makes a military parade sacred?

Those uniforms look like old American ones.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
why are they goose stepping?! or is it just me..

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The Pattern on the "new" uniforms looks like it's made for Central Europe, like US Woodlands, and the size of the pattern indicates it's relatively old design, maybe a rip of from some US/European patterns.. definately not very modern and definately not for arid land (or for jungles either)

A more "modern" woodland pattern camo (IR protected and gore tex too
)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Even if they were not in jungle camo, whats up with all the goose stepping?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join