It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Ready to 'Freeze' War in Ukraine With Ceasefire

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What the Azov did to their own people in Odessa, burning those 30 innocent people alive in a municipal building, those are the inhuman humans your defending.

Oh the bloody Odessa riots started by the pro-Russian separatists?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Azov soldiers are not murderers and pro-Russian separatists are not "innocent victims." Pro-Maidan forces were regularly provoked and directly attacked by the separatists. And the latter were militarily supported by the Russian army.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy
Ahh... so here in America or perhaps the UK we can be permitted to go burning unarmed citizens after locking them in municipal buildings over protest disagreements?? Is that what your saying? So all the unrest and violence and even murder that occurred in the USA and to a smaller extent the UK during the 2020 summer of love, all of that violence and death is justified because of political disagreement, is that correct?

if you support one form of political violence against unarmed civilians, you support it at home too.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Well we are allied with the likes of head choppers and open torturers in the Middle East and Central America so im not really going to bite on that one. Russia is dealing with an issue on their border which presents an existential threat to their security, much as the US needs to have a special military campaign in Mexico, on our border, to keep potential Chechen assassins from walking over illegally and spying on our soldiers' family's . Not only that, but to curb the violent actions of human and drug traffickers and cut their financial capabilities off.

Now if the USA goes and unilaterally does that against the wishes of Mexico, I would like to believe our European friends will not be as critical. As far as the land grab goes, it was ok with Israel, of who's policies I do know you are not a fan of. But their entire state is stolen land and the establishment seems ok with it. Turkey and Israel both stole Syrian land just in the last six years. Azerbaijan has reclaimed land two years ago. borders tend to change in a world war.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Sure, but our allies aren’t only Saudi Arabia and other authoritarian governments.

I don’t see how Ukraine was an existential threat for them, they just say it is. No one was going to invade Russia, and if Ukraine wants to join the EU that’s their right.

Russia is cozied up with Venezuela.

I’m not anti Israel btw, I lean more towards them than Palestine. I’m anti laws dictating how we can voice opinions about a foreign government.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Ahh... so here in America or perhaps the UK we can be permitted to go burning unarmed citizens after locking them in municipal buildings over protest disagreements?? 

Are you for real??? Unarmed citizens? Lol there were petrol bombs, Molotov coctails, bats and standard firearms. And who locked them up in that damned building? They barricaded themselves there. The building caught fire after two sides were throwing petrol bombs at each other. But the riots were started by the separatists.

It was a civil war funded by Russia, with the Russian soldiers and nationalist activists directly participating in the riots. Not anything like your American protests.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy
It is ok you have justified political violence against civilians and are trying to figure out how to say that is not what you said but that is cool. Russians are like Palestinians, they are sub-human dogs that deserve neither life nor liberty and should all be exterminated because they keep getting in the way of decades old plans laid out by globalists in the various think tanks. All the decades of discussing those very conflicts right here on ATS was all for naught. We now cheerlead the elitists and globalists and their plans to sacrifice us for profit. Kudos to you

An alliance which has proven itself for the last forty years to be a mechanism for the destruction of a regime to gain foreign control over a nations natural resources and industry continues to creep closer to your borders, parking nuclear capable weapons systems pointed at your capital, the last nation on your border now becoming a station for those weapons that continue to edge ever closer as the hosts grow openly more hostile with their rhetoric, that tendd to become a national security issue.

Did we not have that same problem in Cuba?

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We weren’t parking those weapons in Ukraine until Russia invaded.

We had a defense agreement in place with Ukraine to protect their sovereignty as well. So it’s not like we did that offensively.

Edit: Russia and the US already have nukes pointed at each others capitols.
edit on 25-5-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Russians are like Palestinians, they are sub-human dogs that deserve neither life nor liberty and should all be exterminated because they keep getting in the way of decades old plans laid out by globalists in the various think tanks.

Only I haven't yet heard about Ukrainians exterminating Russians. It's always the other way round.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Russians are like Palestinians, they are sub-human dogs that deserve neither life nor liberty and should all be exterminated because they keep getting in the way of decades old plans laid out by globalists in the various think tanks.

Only I haven't yet heard about Ukrainians exterminating Russians. It's always the other way round.

Civilians did die in the conflicts that erupted in east Ukraine. But that was after Russia took Crimea and started sending folks in the west to try and spark rebellion so Russia could take the eastern land bridge. They didn’t want a separated Crimea, they needed the eastern sliver.

Of course, their narrative is that Ukraine and the west started all of this. But they went into Crimea, they sparked the unrest in the east only to fully invade Ukraine and start annexing land.

The west is merely providing arms to a defense agreement that was made thirty years ago when Ukraine gave up nukes.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You won’t even know about Russia’s reaction, since instead of your country, a desert filled with glass may form at any moment.

I will only say this once RT; I've never backed down from anyone or anything in my life.....and I assure you that's included quite a few scary situations.
But I'm not unique, this country has faced up to bigger and better than Russia could ever be and when push comes to shove we've never been found wanting.

So, in response to your childish fantasies and silly threats, bring it on because this blood runs strong and true.

Apologies to everyone else, but sometimes you just got to call it as it is.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: nugget1

we should back Ukraine as long as they want to resist.

Thats like saying the US southern border should stay open and mass immigration should continue in the US as long as the US wants it to continue

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The UK has way better of a military than Ukraine. If Russia struggles with them, all they have is threats of nukes, which the UK also has.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The last ""successful"" invasion of Britain was in 1066.

Hitler could not do it, neither could Napolean or the Spanish empire.

As to nukes well just a few Russian Satan 2 ICBM plus accompanying warhead payloads could blanket our island in nuclear fire and radiation from one end to the other.

Not that our subs would not return the favor to anyone silly enough to try.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Luckily I don’t think it actually comes to full scale conventional or nuclear war.

Sadly, that doesn’t mean there won’t be a lot of pain regardless.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well come November and woman say their piece at the ballot boxes I'm apt to ponder you will be rather disappointed.

Abortions is a state level event now. Just like Biden can't do crap one way or the other, the same is with Trump, so you might be surprised how many women vote for Trump, I bet more than Biden.

As to what you need, that is to be able to accept defeat graciously, and also accept the will of the people.

Who says I didn't accept it the first time?

Now where your "10s of millions will be deported" claim come up, that does not sound like a 4th Reich at all.

Illegal is illegal. My sister-in-law waited 19 years to get approval for a green card, and she needs to do background checks, police reports, and a dozen other things to get validated. People flooding in does no one good, so you know where you can stick your 4th Reich.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sorry, how many did Japan kill in WW2?

In a World War.

After Japan attacked you at Pearl Harbor?

You are comparing WW2 to Gaza?

Really? 🥺😮

They tend to forget things like that. To say Japan killed upwards of 10 million goes over their heads, just like to say that Saudi has killed 400,000+ in Yemen, many civilians.

But...but... but Israel... lol geez

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It’s not like the coordinates are changing anytime soon 🤙

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I dont think so either CriticalStinker.

But i dont see cooler heads prevailing quite just yet.

Nor do i think Ukraine is willing to capitulate or roll over to the Russian invasion anytime soon.

What i do see is that Russia drove Sweden and Finland into the arms of NATO.

Thus no matter what happens regarding Ukraine they have doubled the border with NATO nations.

Ukraine will likely join NATO at some point in the years to come.

And Russia will be the European pariah for the next 100 years down to Putin's failed wet dream aka ""special military operation"" aka war invasion and land grab in Ukraine.

Pretty much a new cold war.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Start a thread on it Xtrozero.

And we can play there as opposed to making this one about something it's not.

Just a though.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

He desires to , but there is one big roadblock to that . Economic Warfare............

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join