It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin Ready to 'Freeze' War in Ukraine With Ceasefire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Russian senator Dmitry Rogozin pointed out that:

“Now Washington has acted as the mastermind of the crime, hiring an irresponsible bandit who is trying to damage the facility of our Missile Attack Warning System (MAWS) - a key element of the Combat Command System for Strategic Nuclear Forces...
Thus, we stand not only on the threshold, but already on the edge, beyond which, if the enemy is not stopped in such actions, an irreversible collapse of the strategic security of nuclear powers will begin."

edit on 25-5-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Sounds like the same sort of bluster and hyperbole that's been doing the rounds for a while.

As to "an irreversible collapse of the strategic security of nuclear powers" of Russia.

I do believe that's probably down to your own doings and corruption from within as opposed to the bad nasty West's antics.

If you're on the edge, it's because that's where Putin took you and you're nation.

He is the one leading Russia down the path of no return.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You won’t even know about Russia’s reaction, since instead of your country, a desert filled with glass may form at any moment. The games are over.

Is that before or after the nuclear tsunami?

Russian nuclear threats are so common we are losing track.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And yet he still chose to get into bed with them knowing that an eventual German invasion of the Soviet Union was on the cards.

How did things go with companies like Ford and IBM with the Germans? The Swiss somehow found a safe place with the economic trading as the bombs where going off all around.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

They had shall we say somewhat complex and controversial interactions with Nazi Germany throughout and preceding the conflict in question.

Suspect is how i would put it, and buried up to their necks really.

The list of companies linked to Nazi Germany during World War II, either through direct collaboration, or business located in Germany, never mind the use of forced labor is rather extensive.

It's hardly anything to be proud of really, but it still does not excuse what Putin nor Russia is perpetrating regarding the invasion of Ukraine.
edit on 25-5-2024 by andy06shake because: preceding not

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: kwaka
Russia has always been open to negations since the start. Trumps says it would not of started under his watch, Biden says he has nothing to say. As for all the terms, Ukraine looks like it was left in the too hard basket after WW2. Since then, things have been heating up in the last decade or two.

With Russia kicked out of the Olympics, that competitive spirt has to turn up somewhere.

Russia invaded.

That's pretty much the opposite of being open to negotiations.

No formal declaration of war has been issued i Ukraine/Russia and the majority of western sentiment is cheerinng Ukraine on. Hamas attacked Israel on Oct.7,2023 and on Oct.8 the Israeli cabinet confirmed a state of war effective 6:00 a.m. on October 7, 2023 which has resulted in massive protests world-wide.

It's this kind of doeble standard I grapple with. Is it because Hamas only killed, kidnapped and tortured people that Israel should stop retaliating? I Hamas had tried to take Israeli land would that make it ok?

Either there's some massive double standards at play or I'm just not understanding how loyalties are supposed to be applied in these situations.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: kwaka
Russia has always been open to negations since the start. Trumps says it would not of started under his watch, Biden says he has nothing to say. As for all the terms, Ukraine looks like it was left in the too hard basket after WW2. Since then, things have been heating up in the last decade or two.

With Russia kicked out of the Olympics, that competitive spirt has to turn up somewhere.

Russia invaded.

That's pretty much the opposite of being open to negotiations.

No formal declaration of war has been issued i Ukraine/Russia and the majority of western sentiment is cheerinng Ukraine on. Hamas attacked Israel on Oct.7,2023 and on Oct.8 the Israeli cabinet confirmed a state of war effective 6:00 a.m. on October 7, 2023 which has resulted in massive protests world-wide.

It's this kind of doeble standard I grapple with. Is it because Hamas only killed, kidnapped and tortured people that Israel should stop retaliating? I Hamas had tried to take Israeli land would that make it ok?

Either there's some massive double standards at play or I'm just not understanding how loyalties are supposed to be applied in these situations.

Completely different situations.

Russia invaded Ukraine and Ukraine has defended itself. There is no possibility of Ukraine invading Russia.

The point I made was that its absurd to claim Russia has been open to negotiations from the start when they initiated the conflict.

edit on 25-5-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

And yet he still chose to get into bed with them knowing that an eventual German invasion of the Soviet Union was on the cards.

Thankfully i don't live there to have a better picture of all the ins and outs of it. From what I do see here, Russia ain't the only one with the hostilities going on. With how America is ok with unrestrained immigration, but still send billions to the war effort in Ukraine does leave some head scratching.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You won’t even know about Russia’s reaction, since instead of your country, a desert filled with glass may form at any moment. The games are over.

Russian threats have become boring and predictable , keep your scary stories for bedtime RT.

Any launch from one country will be met with multiple launches from several countries , Putin knows this.
edit on 25-5-2024 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Thankfully i don't live there to have a better picture of all the ins and outs of it.

I think most of us are in the same boat there 1941 somewhat being in the rearview mirror.

History did record what took place all the same.

Russia ain't the only one with the hostilities going on. With how America is ok with unrestrained immigration,

I can smell goalposts moving.

And to suggest "America is ok with unrestrained immigration" is quite frankly a broad and somewhat contentious assertion.

but still send billions to the war effort in Ukraine does leave some head scratching.

They are sending a lot of stuff worth "billions" to Israel also, so there is that to consider.

As to the head-scratching part, that's pretty much undeniable really.

A sad state of affairs considering the geopolitical climate which has been allowed to occur, or at least very poorly managed, by nations that should know a hell of a lot better considering the parts they have played in recent recorded history.

Anyhoo i need to be getting on with the day, stuff to do and a garden to see to I'm afraid.

Enjoyed the convo but i need to go play in the real world for a spell.

Have a good day.

edit on 25-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Ukraine is a nation of a little over 41 million people and long known for it's decades of corruption and oppression.

You seem to be forgeting that was during occupation of Ukraine by the USSR with Russia still being the most corupt in Europe?

If Putin wants a cease fire then he should withdraw his army from Ukraine, it's that simple.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You're cheering at the possibility of a nuclear war as if Putin has already offered you a place in his super secret doomsday bunker. Will he take you there if the worst happens? Because if not, then all the same to you who wins the game.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You're starting to sound like Mad Vlad with the false cries of Nuclear attack! We all know Putin won't and can't do it because his chinese masters have told him not to.

Putin needs to order a cease fire and then a retreat because he maybe taking land from Ukraine but it's at a snails pace and at the expence of an entire generation of young Russians.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Vladimir Putin Ready to 'Freeze' War in Ukraine With Ceasefire ...

.... without giving Ukraine back the land that Russia stole.

So that's not really a ceasefire and it's unacceptable.

edit on 5/25/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I do believe that's probably down to your own doings and corruption from within as opposed to the bad nasty West's antics.

If you're on the edge, it's because that's where Putin took you and you're nation.

He is the one leading Russia down the path of no return.

I completely agree Andy, how many Russians military commanders have been arrested for corruption or had 'flying lessons'? Putin is the only person responsable for turning the west off Russia.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy
I think you have absolutely no understanding of the gravity of the situation and who will get hurt first. The majority of Russian political scientists express the opinion that the first victim will be Poland - there will be a colossal blow to the city of Rzezzow. I hope you understand why.
Because of the Polish ambition, you do not understand that the West absolutely does not care about Poland and the Poles. They have been setting them up throughout history, and they will set them up now. And we are no longer talking about the next partition of Poland, but the very existence of the state and the lives of all Poles.
Wake up, come back to reality. You are not suicidal.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If Russia really wants to stop the war get to heck out of Ukraine. As in most things there is the up front reasons for something yet there are usually hidden 'behind the scenes' big reasons also.

I agree they would like to stop, but they come with zero concessions. It's like they say we will just keep everything we have captured. How about they say we will give back what we took and provide a trillion dollars in respirations?

Even if they do agree it doesn't mean America, EU etc will take the sanctions away, so in either case Russia is F'ed until Putin is gone.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Because of the Polish ambition, you do not understand that the West absolutely does not care about Poland and the Poles.

That is 100% untrue. My team and I have worked closely with the Poles for the last 10 years, great people, and if Russia put one foot into Poland it would be a full game on, and not you silly WWI style of warfare.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Putin needs to order a cease fire and then a retreat because he maybe taking land from Ukraine but it's at a snails pace and at the expence of an entire generation of young Russians.

And doesn't mean he wouldn't start all over again once he regroups. The concession would be he gets Donbas down to Crimea. Northern gas fields and west of Crimea go back to Ukraine. Putin then provides restoration for the towns he destroyed, and Ukraine joins NATO. Also, until all that is done, the sanctions are still on them.

edit on x31Sat, 25 May 2024 08:16:49 -05002024145America/ChicagoSat, 25 May 2024 08:16:49 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
And to suggest "America is ok with unrestrained immigration" is quite frankly a broad and somewhat contentious assertion.

That will change drastically once Trump is back in. 10s of millions will be deported and the border will finally be closed. Instead of 70,000 IRS agents, we need 70,000 ICE agents.
edit on x31Sat, 25 May 2024 08:18:59 -05002024145America/ChicagoSat, 25 May 2024 08:18:59 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join