It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Kristi Noem Shot and Killed "Less Than Worthless Dog" and a 'Smelly Goat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Jeez, don't tell my "city people" neighbors dogs aren't children. Strollers and everything, I imagine it's cheaper than children, and full adults in 18 months.

It's a matter of perspective. While my neighbors would be appalled by the heartless rural treatment of a hunting dog, I can't help but put the considerations for canine into a global context.

Some things aren't just stereotypes, as much as attitudes are changing with younger generations.

We are trending towards a world where inhumane treatment of animals is as Taboo as child abuse, likely because the bias that humans are a special superior animal is eroding.

Yes, that's a transhumanist "move beyond the foodchain" thing.
edit on 26-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

..I didn't say that humans should literally sacrifice themselves to the natural world

On second thought...there are people who would absolutely do humanity and the planet a favor if they'd self-sacrifice....

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

To put that in a autobiography while running for national office is STUPID.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Oh, I agree completely.

When Animal Husbandry for food becomes too driven by profit and things get out of balance, Nature gets a little pissed and takes over. There's probably a reason we're seeing so many food recalls and instances of tained meat from unethical production and inhumane practices.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

The corruption in this world has reached an unsustainable level. Everything is poisoned. Our bodies are poisoned, our minds are poisoned, our societies... the systems we function in... it's unsalvageable. Imbalance must return to balance and the correction is going to be... monumental.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 4/27/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Stop giving animals human emotions and feelings.

1 .. they have them.

2 .. it wouldn't matter if they had them, a living creature that feels shouldn't be rejected by it's pack that it trusts and murdered by it. There are more humane things to do with a dog that you don't like than to take it out in a quarry and shoot it.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Sometimes you have to put an animal down.

This was a young animal and she said she hated it because it was 'worthless' and 'not good for hunting'. It bit her hand once. That doesn't sound like an untrainable animal to me. Someone could have tried to train it to be a housepet. Or she could have taken it to the vet to be put to sleep if it was really bad. Really though ... it sounds to me like she just lost patience with it and that she was lousy at training an animal. AND the goat .. she hated it because it smelled, but barn animals naturally smell! ANd it chased kids she said ... so don't let the kids play in the animals pen. Very simple. No need to go and shoot the goat.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I don't even see the problem with dog fighting. .

That's just evil.
I have nothing other than that to say about it.
EVIL.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So this story is out there now. Lots of news places picking it up.
I've been reading comments at the different sites.
A whole lotta' people not happy with it.
Not just democrats bagg'n on a Republican.
Lots of Republicans saying this is a deal breaker ... they won't vote Trump if he picks her.
Everyone pretty much saying that the dog didn't get a chance.
She should have rehomed him, or tried properly training him, he was just a baby.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
But she shot it dead and it sounds like she was relieved when she did. AND she did the same thing to a goat that 'smelled bad and chased kids'. Dragged it out to a gravel pit and shot it dead.

Welcome to farm life...

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Welcome to farm life...

I don't think that stupidity is part of farm life. I've known farmers and had farmer friends. None of them were this stupid and cruel.

It's her own fault that the dog wasn't training properly as a hunting dog. And if he couldn't be a hunting dog, perhaps he could have been someones pet. And the goat ... comeon ... killing it because it smelled bad and chased kids? Farm animals smell bad and just keep the kids out of the goat pen.

I had thought she would be a good VP for Trump. I have changed my mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I don't think that stupidity is part of farm life. I've known farmers and had farmer friends. None of them were this stupid and cruel.

Here is a serious question... What part was cruel? On farms, animals are seen much differently than what other people view. You see a loving pet that does nothing, they see a working animal. Reading your link she feared the dog would attack others, it tried to bite her too, and would kill chickens' unrestraint. As to the goat, people eat goats all the time. Many times, they cut the throat to let it bleed out. Do you have issues with that too?
edit on x30Sat, 27 Apr 2024 08:03:20 -05002024117America/ChicagoSat, 27 Apr 2024 08:03:20 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Here is a serious question... What part was cruel?

The dog supposedly wasn't good for hunting. Either she didn't train it correctly or it just wasn't part of it's make up. That doesn't mean the 14 month old puppy couldn't be trained to be a house pet by someone who knows how. Or at the very least, a vet should have put the animal down.

The dog sees the family as it's pack. It trusts the family. For the pack to turn on the dog like that is just awful.

And the goat ... Comeon ... so it smelled bad. Farm animals do. And it chased kids? Then keep the kids out of the goats pen. Common sense.

And she's bragging about it like it makes her look presidential ... it was a hard thing to do but it had to be done and I'm the person who can do hard things ... that's just awful.

I thought she'd be a good VP pick for Trump. I now think different.

You and I are just going to see this differently. I see that two living creatures could have had other options but instead were callously killed off and the person who did it is proud of the fact that they did.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I still can’t believe she put those thoughts to paper. Smart enough not to fall for Covid but dumb enough to do this??
It has to be blackmail or something. My mind can’t accept that a politician would write those words down and sell them.
edit on 27-4-2024 by Myhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The dog supposedly wasn't good for hunting. Either she didn't train it correctly or it just wasn't part of it's make up. That doesn't mean the 14 month old puppy couldn't be trained to be a house pet by someone who knows how. Or at the very least, a vet should have put the animal down.

She also said the dog was dangerous... I just do not know what the hell you are looking for. Would you give up a dog to another family if you thought there was a chance it would bite someone? Also, why is death by a vet somehow humane compared to shooting it? When my dog passed, she was at the vet, and after the vet gave her the shot, she went into a full-body spasm for about 20 seconds before she died, it seems a bullet would have been more humane. It's something you could not do, I get it, but we are talking South Dakota where people generally don't take little fluffy to the vet.

Do you cry for the cow when you eat a hamburger too?

edit on x30Sat, 27 Apr 2024 09:13:29 -05002024117America/ChicagoSat, 27 Apr 2024 09:13:29 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle

I still can’t believe she put those thoughts to paper. Smart enough not to fall for Covid but dumb enough to do this??
It has to be blackmail or something. My mind can’t accept that a politician would write those words down and sell them.

I can agree with that... To me, it seems stupid to write down something private, but it also shows us a much different world out there than what many here are used to. Most could not handle a week of farm or ranch life, so to that type of person, her situation might seem about as normal as anything else while people like FlyersFan are mortified.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Animals can feel a range of emotions including fear and sadness. They feel pain and they can suffer. Humans who have no empathetic connection to the suffering of others display low emotional intelligence. Low or no empathy is linked to mental/personality disorders. Underdeveloped consciousness...i.e. primitive, barbaric.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You and I just aren't going to see eye to eye on this.
When my animals have had to be put to sleep, the vet did it and it was just fine.
There was no betrayal of the humans against the pet that trusts it.
She couldn't train the dog. She claims it was aggressive.
I question both of those things.
True ... I wasn't there ...
But it doesn't sound like everything that could have been done was.
And I maintain that a vet and 'being put to sleep' is more humane.
And she sounds like she's bragging about what she did. It's gross to me.

I'm not picking on her because she's republican or anything like that.
I actually think she did a good job as governor.
And I thought she'd make a good VP for Trump.
But considering how she's handled these two animals, and the bragging,
I no longer feel that way.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

But considering how she's handled these two animals, and the bragging,
I no longer feel that way.

I respect your opinion on this and how you feel. I'm an old military guy so that would make us have different views. Humans are strange in we can see pets as part of the family and have a different view of working animals.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join