It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR Employs 87 Democrats in Editorial Positions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: xuenchen

not surprising, NPR has always been just left of of center.

there opinion pieces are usually loaded with left leaning emotionally loaded headlines, but their news is more unbiased even if they do use left leaning sources, and their factual reporting and credibility is fairly high.

been that way for as long as i can remember.

My thing with NPR is all the pieces on how people "feel".

In this reality, things are or they aren't. ...no middle ground. When you drag feelings and tug on heart strings, you are taking away the ability to reason and use logic.

Which, of course, is what the left wants.

If the majority took feelings out of the discussion, the left wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They don't use logic, they don't think, they feel.

And that is why this world is upside down.

Yes!

And yet you take the time to post your feelings here.

Those weren't feelings. Just plain how it is.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I'm betting NPR has some FBI/CIA plants to steer it, handlers and assets etc.

Their (NPR's) playbook reads exactly like a steering operation just like what the FBI did with the 100 percent fabricated Russiagate garbage..Mental programming through precision crafted propaganda.

Some?

I would put forth the fact (my belief), is that NPR came about as the end result of Mockingbird...it is what they were looking to do.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   

NPR has always been just left of of center ... left leaning ...

Dude .... they aren't 'just left of center' or 'left leaning' ... they are firmly rock solid left wing.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I am sure the their "underwriters" can cover the loss. Like the Robert Wood Johnson foundation...I hear how they help all the time.

Yes, even though it is biased and to the left, I try and listen. If I know all sides, I can make a better informed decisions.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

NPR has always been just left of of center ... left leaning ...

Dude .... they aren't 'just left of center' or 'left leaning' ... they are firmly rock solid left wing.

I regularly listen to AM radio while commuting and NPR is number one on my presets. They are very much a left wing news outlet; and not just their editorials, but their straight news anchors are also very liberal. And it has gotten way worse over the last 12 years. They use to try and hide their bias and only took it out full bore during elections; now they don't even bother trying to hide it.

Another trend that has started recently is that almost every piece is about racial issues. Don't get me wrong race is an dominant issue all over the place; but NPR use to have a wider selection of news stories, and now its the same racial issue over and over and over again.

They claim to not be influenced by corporate sponsors; that they are funded by "listeners like you" and that puts them in the unique position to be independent... then they go an run a buch of commercials for the very liberal corporations that "donate" to them. the cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Number two on my AM radio hosts a lot of conservative talk shows. Flinging back and forth with NPR gives you a wide prospective on the news cycle.

Want straight news? you need to turn to the local "whether and traffic" networks.

edit on 10-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

In other bombshell news, Breitbart employs mostly religious conservatives.

NPR used to be "most liberal", but now they are closer to center than CNN, Slate, Huff Post, New Yorker, The Atlantic, and MSNBC, and playing polarization keep up.

But this is will always be NPR to me:

I used it as ASMR until that became a thing.

and if Breitbart got public funding from government, there would be an issue there as well. Not sure why this is confusing, it's really, really simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I mean, did anyone here not know NPR was a Democrat outlet?

It's time to stop calling these outlets "left wing" or "liberal media."

They are Democrat news. Their priority is getting Democrats elected.

And no, it's not the same thing.
edit on 10-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

NPR is a piece of the Democrat Party Propaganda organization. It's a waste of space.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If there ever was a Marxist/Russian connection, it's NPR/PBS 😃

Total embeddedness

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar

NPR is a piece of the Democrat Party Propaganda organization. It's a waste of space.

I beg to differ....

I agree about NPR and the DNC.

However, I am glad it is out there for a few reasons:

A. We know what they are feeling. Notice I didn't saw thinking.

B. I work in both academia and the entertainment industry. When a co-worker tells me they listen to NPR, I know to treat them with kid gloves and not work them hard.

I know B sounds weird and meanist, but again just the facts.

After rereading the OpEd, I am actually still dumbfounded by it's forthright tone.

I want to be a fly on the wall in that conference room!

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The AI liked my post so much, it posted it twice!

edit on 10-4-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here comes the swarms . . . . . 🤣

NPR defends its journalism after senior editor says it has lost the public's trust

NPR's top news executive defended its journalism and its commitment to reflecting a diverse array of views on Tuesday after a senior NPR editor wrote a broad critique of how the network has covered some of the most important stories of the age.

"An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don't have an audience that reflects America," writes Uri Berliner.

A strategic emphasis on diversity and inclusion on the basis of race, ethnicity and sexual orientation, promoted by NPR's former CEO, John Lansing, has fed "the absence of viewpoint diversity," Berliner writes.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It's funny; Berliner repeatedly states that he is critiquing NPR's lack of diverse view points and he's critics keep countering that he is wrong because NPR has hired a lot of people of color.

It's as if their brains have short circuited and the only way for then to see "diversity" is through skin color.

This explains why their programming has become dominantly about race.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not surprising at all. Any intelligent media organization would not want members of a mentally deranged cult, which is what the Republican Party is right now.

They are not the grand old anything, they are a shower of religious nut jobs and fascists propped up by the uneducated peasant underclass that supports and enables all their venom.

It’s not about impartiality it’s about keeping the lunatics out of the room. Republicans are flaky unreliable judgemental idiots for the most part. I wouldn’t want to work with any of those muppets either. Those folk need to come back to reality but you can’t always fix stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is CBP new or something?

Haven't they always been boring and liberal and pretty much funded by Federal money. 525 million in 2024.

www.cpb.org...

They've never lost this allocation. I thought it was common knowledge they are essentially government funded and liberal as hell.

It was always the joke with NPR/PBS that they are annoyingly PC and progressive.

Really it's just 525 million. How many religious non-profits recieve government funding? Billions a year in total. Salvation Army gets 589 million.

People act like these (mostly comical liberal) are some type of leftist state media by chain of funding.

It's just that the people who donate are liberal Harvard/Stanford types. Pseudointellectual pretentious well educated drones. So they give the content their supporters support them for, which is annoyingly liberal.

Just a drop in the pail of non-profits getting allocations.

Trump and then Biden assured billions went to Religious nonprofits to survive Covid. No one would ever touch those allocations either. Christian as they are.

Its arbitrary to harp on the 525 million, they may broadcast leftist crap, but the government funded charities can pass out government funded bibles, which could be harped on too.

Who the F cares about any of these non-profit allocations? Nowhere near the important line items.

I feel complaining the government funded CBP having mostly liberals in key positions is like saying, "I think it's messed up that government funded Christian non-profits like The Salvation Army don't put Satanists on their board. They recieve government funding!"

In my mind: The Salvation Army = CPB

edit on 10-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheEvilScotsman
Not surprising at all. Any intelligent media organization would not want members of a mentally deranged cult, which is what the Republican Party is right now.

They are not the grand old anything, they are a shower of religious nut jobs and fascists propped up by the uneducated peasant underclass that supports and enables all their venom.

It’s not about impartiality it’s about keeping the lunatics out of the room. Republicans are flaky unreliable judgemental idiots for the most part. I wouldn’t want to work with any of those muppets either. Those folk need to come back to reality but you can’t always fix stupid.

Echo echo echo ...

According to Berliner you are the target audience for NPR. So it is not surprising that you approve their lack of diversity..

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

not surprising, NPR has always been just left of of center.

there opinion pieces are usually loaded with left leaning emotionally loaded headlines, but their news is more unbiased even if they do use left leaning sources, and their factual reporting and credibility is fairly high.

been that way for as long as i can remember.

My thing with NPR is all the pieces on how people "feel".

In this reality, things are or they aren't. ...no middle ground. When you drag feelings and tug on heart strings, you are taking away the ability to reason and use logic.

Which, of course, is what the left wants.

If the majority took feelings out of the discussion, the left wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They don't use logic, they don't think, they feel.

And that is why this world is upside down.

Yes!

And yet you take the time to post your feelings here.

Those weren't feelings. Just plain how it is.

The fact of posting, is feelings.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think we need two new candidates for president, not that Trump is a bad person, but just that the lies and twisted BS from some major Democrats has driven him a little crazy.

RFK Jr and DBCowboy would be my picks.

What about the rest of you? Who would you put on the ballot for President?

BTW - I like to watch and/or listen to NPR and Fox. I want to hear both sides directly from the players involved.

edit on 4/10/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
I mean, did anyone here not know NPR was a Democrat outlet?

It's time to stop calling these outlets "left wing" or "liberal media."

They are Democrat news. Their priority is getting Democrats elected.

And no, it's not the same thing.

And using my tax dollars to do it via NPR.

Bullsh#t!

Time to stop the gravy train and all the crap that comes with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I was, as well, rather amazed at it's forthright tone. Quite remarkable for these Leftist Democrat Party schills to be that honest about something. Lying, obsfucation and distortion of facts is their default. I would guess a fly on the wall would observe terminations and double down on Party boot licking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join