It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO intercepted a nuclear warhead in the USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Thanks for these snapshots and simulation video. I have seen them quite some time ago if I am not mistaken..that has brought backto me the sense of nostalgia and adventure, both. Very cool! And it was clearly a message.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   
From a fantastical fiction point of view….here’s Hollywood portraying when we humans counter attack against aliens using a nuke ….using today’s drones technology.

Skyline….

👽
edit on 16-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
'Starship Troopers' movie also introduces compact nukes that cause no harm to launch site few kilometers away.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: RussianTroll

What kind of country used nuclear weapons against peaceful cities twice?

No-one has, the USA was at war with Japan at the time - not a 'peaceful city'.
And it was a very, very painful lesson mankind had to learn, no sane person wants to see it happen again.

Which was why I quite clearly stated "that Russia is the only country since WWII to openly state it would carry out first strike nuclear attacks against another country."

Thank you for recognizing US responsibility for 2 nuclear bombings of peaceful cities with civilians. Moreover, Nagasaki was the center of Christian culture in Japan.

The USA constantly threatens the entire world with destruction. However, the court judges not for threats, but for real actions.

The US did it, but Russia did not. Live with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Freeborn

What kind of country used nuclear weapons against peaceful cities twice?

No-one has, the USA was at war with Japan at the time - not a 'peaceful city'.
And it was a very, very painful lesson mankind had to learn, no sane person wants to see it happen again.

Which was why I quite clearly stated "that Russia is the only country since WWII to openly state it would carry out first strike nuclear attacks against another country."

Thank you for recognizing US responsibility for 2 nuclear bombings of peaceful cities with civilians. Moreover, Nagasaki was the center of Christian culture in Japan.

The USA constantly threatens the entire world with destruction. However, the court judges not for threats, but for real actions.

The US did it, but Russia did not. Live with it.

Our gov has rogue elements that need to be exposed more than we have ever been capable of here. I am ready for their perp walks in fact. Their date with destiny needs to hurry up and get here. I will get my popcorn ready as we watch the confessions or denial and then the hangings of these traitorous bastards at Gitmo. I can only pray the world forgives us for being taken over from within.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The story about this incident was brought to light during the first Press Club UFO briefing done by Dr. Steven Greer.
The original military photographers that were contracted to film the launch were supposedly sworn to secrecy about the event. We really do not know much else.
I am so disappointed in ATS right now. Here we are on page 4 and still nobody here has explained what happened, and you even say we don't know much else when we have elaborate detail that goes way beyond Jacob's story.

First, an event similar to what Jacobs described happened. He filmed an event, and it showed something odd, and he was ordered not to talk about it. It was in fact secret even without the unusual event so he shouldn't have talked about it anyway, but what actually happened is that his video revealed a flaw in the nuclear defense capabilities of the US at the time, and that made it extra extra secret and important to not talk about it, at least not until the defense flaw was fixed.

Bob Jacobs didn't have the security clearance to know exactly what was going on, but another man did, and he has since written a detailed article explaining exactly what happened then. The slight discrepancies between Jacob's account and actual events can be attributed to perception issues, or misperceptions of what he was seeing on the film, possibly along with the event being so long ago and retelling the event enough times that the retelling may be more burned in Jacobs' mind than the actual event. For example, Jacobs originally said something about seeing a laser fired at the rocket by the UFO but as a laser passes through clear air, or in this case because of the altitude, a near vacuum, it's invisible, so a laser couldn't be seen traveling through a near vacuum.

Here is the real story, and you ATSers need to up your game to register this mentally, so we don't go 3 whole pages in a thread about Jacobs' story without mentioning this account from someone who had the security clearance to know what really happened.

The Big Sur ‘UFO’: An Identified Flying Object, by Kingston George

I was the project engineer for the telescope experiment, and Lieutenant Bob Jacobs was one of the key field team members who, it later developed, was technically not authorized to view the pictures we were collecting. Bob was named the on-site commander by the 1369th Photo Squadron and managed the logistics of the operation at the Big Sur location. Years later, for reasons I can't fathom, Bob claims we witnessed an intelligent UFO in action around an Atlas warhead, followed by an Air Force cover-up. He provides details of his weird claims in an article for the MUFON UFO Journal (Jacobs 1989). What we saw WAS indeed unique and startling, but it definitely does NOT require invoking UFOs with purposeful goals and advanced weapons.

George goes on to provide a lot of details about what really happened and how it was a super secret national security problem that was discovered in the video.

Joel Carpenter did research on this case, and shared his findings with Tim Printy, but Carpenter passed away before he got to publish his work.

UPDATE: Joel Carpenter did a lot of research on this case before he passed away. His work revealed that Kingston George's version of events is probably the most accurate and that Robert Jacobs' version is jumbled memories that do not reflect what actually happened.

See "Joel Carpenter and the Big Sur case" in Sunlite 6-4

edit on 2024224 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Thank you for your kindness in providing something for us to grasp.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

As has long been conjectured here on ATS, the ETs are here in force because we split the atom. I seriously believe that any nation that launches on another will find its missiles deactivated and destroyed...if not worse consequences.

I'm in full agreement -the alleged ET inhabitants of the craft - whatever they may be, wherever/whenever they're from, they simply will not permit us to destroy ourselves in a civilisation-ending display of atomic splitting idiocracy. I sincerely believe that they are here to protect us, to the degree that warfare on a nuclear stage will never be permitted to occur.

It is a 'red line' in the sand, which we will not be permitted to cross, even up to the End of Days itself. The only one with the authorisation to destroy the world is God, not Man, and these UFO pilots may indeed (in some cases at least) be angelic interlopers who are here to protect us from ourselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

You are asking us to 'up our game'? And that you are disappointed? Talking of UFOs you will have to learn to live with disappointments.
No one will provide you scientific data. Only personal accounts. Visitors are way ahead of our understanding of nature.
Sounds like you want all of us here on ufo threads to follow the 'they don't exist' line and since your goal is not reached, that makes you upset. Ask yourself 'what if'.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Kingston George is the one who was there and got the security clearance to know what was going on, and eventually shared what happened with us when it was no longer a threat to national security, so he's the one you should be thanking. If not for him, we might never know what Bob Jacobs actually saw.

a reply to: DaydreamerX
You're putting words in my mouth, I didn't talk about generalities like you did.
I talked about the specific case this thread is about, and the explanation given by someone who had the security clearance to know what the video showed, which by the way only took up a few scan lines on the orthicon, so anybody "recreating" a lot of detail in a "re-creation" video is not showing us what the film really showed when this UFO appeared.

Of course UFOs exist, and I have no doubt Bob Jacobs saw what was to him a "UFO" in the video he talks about. At the time the film classification was changed from "secret" to "top secret" based on what that video showed, so even that lines up with Jacobs' story that they were concerned and didn't want him to talk about it, but in this particular case we eventually learned what the "UFO" was from a good source.

In some other UFO cases we have never figured out what they were, so they continue to be unexplained, which means that one possible explanation could be aliens. So if you want to believe aliens are visiting earth, why not at least put your beliefs in those other cases where we haven't figured out what they are? At least that has some plausibility.

But treating this case as alien when we have a perfectly credible non-alien explanation documented from a reliable source is just sad and explains why there has long been a stigma attached to UFOlogy, because many (most?) so-called UFO researchers do a dismal job of separating the wheat from the chaff in figuring out which cases are potentially alien sightings. Robert Hastings is one of the worst offenders onthe planet in this regard. As someone already pointing out, this test had all dummy warheads so there were no nukes to disable, so the "disable nukes claim doesn't even make sense".

but at least Bob Jacobs actually saw this UFO, as thousands of people see UFOs every year. But the other nukes case Hastings makes such a big deal about at Malmstrom has to be the lowest of the low in UFOlogy where after decades talking about some UFO being involved, he has never come up with anybody who saw the UFO. So again, there are plenty of other cases where people actually see UFOs, and sometimes even get them on radar too, so with all those much better cases, I think people who think Hastings has credibility are likely pursuing some kind of religious belief, when the evidence for his cases is aways so weak. Several of his key witnesses contradict themselves, by not even telling a consistent story.

There are much better cases in UFOlogy, if you want to believe some are aliens, which they might be. However if you want to study UFOlogy to understand how non-alien stimuli can be interpreted as alien by eyewitnesses, this might still be a good case to study for that purpose.

edit on 202432 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

a reply to: DaydreamerX
You're putting words in my mouth, I didn't talk about generalities like you did.
I talked about the specific case this thread is about,

Look, every UFO thread you put your comments are filled with 'they do not exists' notion. Just my observation. I am surprised you did not insert your famous 'batman balloon' video again. Not only batman, but gofast, gimbal and other. What am I supposed to do other than generalizing?

Have you seen anything out of ordinary event in the sky or around that made you question of what you saw? Were ther 'no doubt' moment in your mind ever?

Probaly yes. Otherwise you would not visit UFO threads...you were scared. Scared to reason something unknown?

cheers)

edit on 15-3-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus
We also have learned over the decades that UFOs have also disabled our "Minute Man" missiles in their silos.

Well haven't learned this at all. We have been told this story over and over, usually by the same opportunists.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
One idea about UFOs is the fact that although there have been UFO sightings and reports before WWII not remotely the amount of reportings after 6/24/47...

And many folks do associate this with the atomic bomb advent...

Though one might wonder what took the alien/UFOs two years after the bomb episode in 1945 to appear regularly as they did since 47...

Maybe they thought or hoped the world---particularly the US--through the opposition to the creation of the hydrogen bomb by Oppenheimer, and his often-stated opposition to their proliferation would prevent nuclear weapon proliferation.

Of course that didn’t happen.

So, the question remains, does the massive number of UFO phenomena appearances bore any connection to the nuke proliferation after WWII?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Perhaps…. extraterrestrials, dimenterrestrials, ultraterrestrials, innerterrestrials, have a vested interest in making sure we don’t blow ourselves and the planet into being a new ring belt of rocks circling the sun between mars and Venus…..

This is a long vid and caffine is your friend ☕️

👽

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I seem to remember the bombings happened because a communication didn't go through/was intercepted and never relayed/or mistranslated and the strike went ahead without official authorization. The communication was supposed to be a stand down order, and I forget the details and can't find it onlien right now but if memory serves, that's what I got.

I think that's one reason Oppenheimer was so conflicted and had such remorse for his involvement in the project.

Let's hope there are failsafes in place these days to ensure it never happens again.

edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join