It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else get the sense that something downright miraculous might be up ahead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I don't think we can get out of this without divine help, simply put.

Have you ever thought that maybe people don't want out, that it might actually be progress?

Is the average person in this day and age better off than say the average person under the feudal system?

I get that your faith shapes your POV, and that may be why you think it is evil but, does evil really exist or is the idea just a means of control?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There won't be any devine help out of this one.

The environmentalists say we are on the cusp of the end of the world, Kerry has been saying this for 20 years now.

Liberals say if Trump is elected again it will be the end of the world.

Democrats say if everyone doesn't vote liberal it will be the end of the world, and the only way to save the world is if everyone votes liberal and liberals run the world.

God said in the bible, when things get totally corrupt on earth, and sexual perversions are exalted and normalized, when people dwell in hate (if you vote incorrectly you are an insurrectionist who belongs in jail), when crime runs rampant and justice is no more - God will end the world.

So we all agree. The end is at hand.

The OP actually has it right, rather you are an enviornmentalist, an atheist liberal, or a believer, we have reached the end of the world or at least the end of the USA.

Civilizations like the US who are in great debt only last an average of 250 years, so the US is due to collapse and die.

I don't see why everyone is freaked out at the thought. We will all die, 100% of us. You WILL die, that is a given. So the world ending is no big deal. Unless there is a God, then, well you know the scenario for a large number of people, and the others move to a different dimension where there is no perversion, no crime, no hate, no sorrow, no death.

Personally, I think there is a God, and like atheist liberal environmentalists think the end of the world is nigh, the signs are there and we can do nothing to stop it, the world is too far gone. How it will happen and exactly when, well we have hints, but it won't be pretty, so hope no matter your belief system, that you go early and fast to spare great pain. Unless you don't believe in God, in which case hedge your bets and hope you survive until the very end because that pain will be less than what hell is, total and final separation from God, or complete annihilation where souls burn to a crisp and are no more. If you do believe in God, hope you go early, very early into the other dimension.

Which I believe in because my husband died and "came back" and he saw and spoke to Jesus while dead, true story. His Dr. told me he was dead, clinically dead, yet came back. So I hope to travel to the other dimension soon because our world has reached a stage of total corruption and evil, calling what is good evil and what is evil good.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I've come to the conclusion that God will actually institute a revolution here on Earth...

Can't he just stop the hearts of the tyrant's?

Why do his interventions have to be in the form of crusades and jihads?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Atheist's with morals or ethics has always been a laughing idea to me. If I was an Atheist I would worship my own ability to exercise power, control, intent, will etc. Wouldn't have or want to give a # about being a "good" person, the betterment of humanity, or anyone else's feelings. Yet these people seem to obey laws and systems like any other sheep or lemming the world has to offer and dwell in mediocrity instead of being what or who they can truly be and aquire what they truly can aquire instead of being the self limited nihilist full of nothing but negativity and excuses I keep seeing over and over and over again. Maybe the miracle will be people will pull their own heads out of there own ass and achieve what they've been convinced by others or self they can't and the world system will finally fail.

Please notice I did not call myself a creationist, or Atheist or fly any banner of allegiance to any one thing before some of you ignorantly start throwing poop at a wall like monkeys lol. Just an observation.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I tells you, something is off with that account, I've been scratching my head because his content doesn't really appeal to the star mafia, that's another crowd.

Of the bat, the only conspiracy i can come up with is this being an attempt to hide the bias that unites the star mafia...

edit on 11-2-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Does anyone else get the sense that something downright miraculous might be up ahead?

Yes.

Women can be men and men can be women and anyone can be a cat or a dog.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That's "short"?!!

No, it was just not re-read and edited for context.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas
a reply to: Venkuish1
What is it you hope to achieve coming here to a site like this if you have it all figured out!?

Figured out what?

I only commented on what we know which shouldn't be surprising in the 21st century.

There would be no end of days and no apocalypse like religions have argued for so long. I think I speak in a very rational manner.

There is no evidence of angels/demons or the supernatural world (people claim there is).

There are no miracles either.

If something else happens that could be keys say some new war or a natural disaster.
edit on 11-2-2024 by Venkuish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Ratio can only get you so far...

The human psyche is a fascinating thing. Are you familiar with it's in and outs?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nearly everyone but nihilists believes that in the future, something miraculous will happen, no matter what 'faith' they may profess.

As a Christian, with a certain amount of belief in Christian prophecy, I believe that there are a number of miraculous events going to occur in an escalating sequence.

One of the first ones will be an attack against Israel, with a prime target of Jerusalem, actioned by non-Middle-Eastern peoples (they will be specifically Caucasian descendants). They will attack en-mass from the North, by way of the dried-up Euphrates river. The attacks will not succeed but they will leave behind munitions that require special clean-up teams to deal with (the munition remains are too toxic to touch).

Some time in there, the Jews rebuild their Temple and re-initiate services including sacrifices.

The next miraculous event is probably the immense popularity of a boastful international political leader who appears at the outset to be a bringer of peace, but instigates the deaths of many "by peace", and the ravaged world then falls into famine, disease warfare and death on a scale never before seen in human history.

There's a lot of 'miraculous' stuff that goes down during this time until this leader is defeated, miraculously.

Then God comes down to dwell on the Earth and after that, the miraculous is commonplace, at least until the bad guys have 'served their time'.

Then, when the bad guys start 'doing their thing' again, it prompts a final confrontation and court case/s where the bad guys are finally dispensed with forever as they have used up their second '70 times 7th, chances'.

The world gets a rebuild and there is a city so large it projects out into space, where the systems are designed perfectly and entirely around human needs, and lots of people choose to move there, where all their needs and wants are met.

This leaves the outside ecologies time to re-balance and renew. Also, the offset micro-climate of the cities systems produces excess water that flows out into the deserts and dry rivers, and causes them to bloom.

But that isn't the end. It is a beginning.

edit on 2024-02-11T17:11:51-06:0005Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:11:51 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In the beginning was nothing.
Nothing went 'bang!', exploded and scattered in all directions.
Nothing continued to expanded into nothingness (obviously).
Nothing (or nothingness) eventually cooled down and became matter.
Nothing ultimately became the foundational blocks of primordial soup and life.
And we are descendants of rocks.

I'm not even attempting to address the rest of the universe that we cannot see.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LuciusDriftwood

We are stardust we are golden? No?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuciusDriftwood
In the beginning was nothing.
Nothing went 'bang!', exploded and scattered in all directions.
Nothing continued to expanded into nothingness (obviously).
Nothing (or nothingness) eventually cooled down and became matter.
Nothing ultimately became the foundational blocks of primordial soup and life.
And we are descendants of rocks.

I'm not even attempting to address the rest of the universe that we cannot see.

You are missing out where the mass of nothing separates out virtual particles into matter and anti-matter so that they don't just re-annihilate back to the nothing.

Or that we were engineered by aliens who somehow existed in a universe of finite time, but took no apparent time themselves to develop to the point where they could engineer us.

Clearly, turtles. Turtles all the way down!

edit on 2024-02-11T16:56:41-06:0004Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:56:41 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: LuciusDriftwood

We are stardust we are golden? No?

And we'll never get ourselves back to the ga-a-ar-den.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Indeed.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I heard a rumor that there might be a rabbit in the column.

When it gets hoppity, that causes earthquakes.

Maybe it is a kangaroo.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Not to mention that religious faith is a near-universal experience of humanity. Only a very small percentage of people do not believe in a God or a spiritual reality of some sort. Sorry to say, but you are most definitely in the minority, when you consider all peoples all around the world. The fact that you simply state your beliefs without any qualification could be seen as immature by some, and indeed that is how I view your comments. You are stating what you WANT to believe, and that is not based on any sort of evidence, it is based on your feelings, your desires about what reality must conform to, in order to satisfy your own life philosophy.

Simply put, I feel very confident in refuting your assertions - I've had numerous experiences which prove to me that there is a God, that angels exist, that demons exist. Again, you are in the minority, and if you want to be taken seriously, you should explain yourself a little better, rather than just shouting out your beliefs & walking away.

Long post so I will answer the main points.

How can you refuted anything when I have only stated facts and haven't asserted beliefs or made some wild claims.

And you can't refute other people's claims just by rely on your feelings and your beliefs.

The following are factual.

There is no evidence of the existence of angels and demons.
There is no evidence of life after death
There is no evidence of a supernatural being who is creator of the universe.
No much evidence exists that Jesus was a real person and certainly no evidence he was the son of the God of the Old Testament who is the creator of the universe. No evidence he died and then got resurrected.

I didn't state any beliefs as you falsely claimed. I stated that simply there is no evidence for the religious claims made and no evidence for the things I discussed above. You are confusing me with people who are religious.

You don't know how many people believe in a God but I will agree it's minority that doesn't believe in God. But majorities don't get to decide what is true and what is false just like they don't get to decide how a chemistry or physics book should be written and their contents.

Personal experiences could exists for a lost of things we discuss but they don't count as evidence.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I heard a rumor that there might be a rabbit in the column.

When it gets hoppity, that causes earthquakes.

Maybe it is a kangaroo.

I'm an Aussie, so I couldn't be impartial on the matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm an Aussie, so I couldn't be impartial on the matter.

But we want the truth.

Nobody is going to blame the aussies if it is turtles half way down and then a kangaroo (not yet confirmed) and then turtles the rest of the way down.

The ausies didn't create kangaroos or rabbits. Maybe it is a frog, then we can blame kek.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

From what little research I did on UMU, I don't see any reason for concern now, or in the near future, unless you have traded something of value for UMU.

As far as I can tell, it's either a scam or another doomed to fail crypto (remember even Facebook couldn't get their CBDC off the ground).

UMU doesn't even come up on coinmarketcap.com

edit on 11-2-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join