It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer: Unless $100 Billion World Aid Bill Passes US Troops Will Fight Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
WTF ... it's OUR MONEY! For crying out loud, 20% of American children go to bed hungry at night and we have elderly who can't afford the rent and groceries. SPEND IT HERE. Sending aid money to Ukraine and Gaza etc etc ... JUST STOP! I get the whole thing about stopping Russian expansion is good for America and that the Ukraine are innocent ... and that there are people suffering in Gaza ... but come on! No matter how much we send over there, they still won't like us so we should stop trying to buy their love AND we are NOT the only country on the planet. Others should be helping out not just us all the time with handing over our tax money.

Maybe this belongs in RANT instead of politics. Well anyways ... here's the story on what Schumer said.

Schumer Threatens to Send US Troops to Fight Russia Unless Republicans Agree to His $100 Billion World Aid Bill

Democrat Schumer: Give me money or else your sons will die in war.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Monday threatened to send US troops to fight Russia unless Republicans agree to his $100 billion world aid bill currently stalled in Congress.

The Senate’s $118.28 billion national security supplemental package allocates $60 billion in military aid to Ukraine.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm pretty sure it's still Congress' job to declare war.

So Schumer can go pound sand.

With that being said, I still wouldn't put it passed our scumbaggy Congress to authorize another pointless war.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I know this'll probably get taken down and so be it, but it makes a very good point. How many countries are sending financial aid to the US ?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Immigrants are currency to some, I'd wager.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Schumer kitted up and in Ukraine when?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Send this prick to the front lines when they do.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No where in your link does Schumer say that. Not even close. So, is this your interpretation of him saying "we could be"?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeXoXeL
No where in your link does Schumer say that. Not even close.

Read again.

Schumer told “Morning Joe’s” Mika Brzezinski that American men will die in war if Republicans don’t agree to his $100 billion bill.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Pretty unhinged lol.

“Pass my foreign aid for corrupt thieves bill or i will end the world in a nuclear holocaust”

I can think of better causes to die for honestly.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have an idea - let's expedite the war.

I mean really; if we're going to keep Russia propped up as the boogeyman because they're attacking our law breaking, citizen abusing, money laundering allies, let's speed this process up.

War in a few years? Put your money where your mouth is, Grampa. Let's do it in a few weeks. It's 2024, anything is possible and timelines don't matter. Let's hurry up and get jiggy with it.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LeXoXeL

“We’re at a turning point in America. This bill is crucial and history will look back on it and say did America fail itself,” Schumer said.

“If we don’t aid Ukraine, Putin will be walk all over Ukraine, we will lose the war and we could be fighting in eastern Europe and a NATO ally in a few years. Americans won’t like that,” Schumer said.

WE will lose the war ?

Since when did we go to war with Russia ? Little Freudian slip there by Chucky ?

Oh and by the way, Ukraine does NOT belong to NATO, so why are sending them money and weapons ? Why are we getting into this at all ?

The answer is : Our politicians favorite money laundering country is in peril and they need to protect their investments.
edit on 5-2-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
WTF ... it's OUR MONEY! For crying out loud, 20% of American children go to bed hungry at night and we have elderly who can't afford the rent and groceries. SPEND IT HERE. Sending aid money to Ukraine and Gaza etc etc ... JUST STOP! I get the whole thing about stopping Russian expansion is good for America and that the Ukraine are innocent ... and that there are people suffering in Gaza ... but come on! No matter how much we send over there, they still won't like us so we should stop trying to buy their love AND we are NOT the only country on the planet. Others should be helping out not just us all the time with handing over our tax money.

Maybe this belongs in RANT instead of politics. Well anyways ... here's the story on what Schumer said.

Schumer Threatens to Send US Troops to Fight Russia Unless Republicans Agree to His $100 Billion World Aid Bill

Democrat Schumer: Give me money or else your sons will die in war.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Monday threatened to send US troops to fight Russia unless Republicans agree to his $100 billion world aid bill currently stalled in Congress.

The Senate’s $118.28 billion national security supplemental package allocates $60 billion in military aid to Ukraine.

It's not just us.

"Countries that give the most foreign aid per capita are Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, along with the US, Japan, Germany, and the UK. Some countries that have recently started giving hefty amounts of aid include the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey."

finance.yahoo.com...

With respect to Ukraine specifically, as of last July, the US had given 73 billion dollars worth of aid, other nations had given a total of about 160 Billion dollars:

www.visualcapitalist.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
fist shaking & yelling at the sky is about all we can do, Scooby

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
as of last July, the US had given 73 billion dollars worth of aid,

... which could have paid the rent for all the elderly in this country who can't work anymore and can't pay rent.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Boomer1947
as of last July, the US had given 73 billion dollars worth of aid,

... which could have paid the rent for all the elderly in this country who can't work anymore and can't pay rent.

Goddamn right.
These useless clowns can’t even take care of our veterans properly.
If you’ve seen combat for this country or served in a combat zone, everything should be paid for without question.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This jug head has a history of veiled threats against Citizens if he doesn't get the NWODemocrat way. ⚠️🤡🤡

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Incredible! I would say how out of touch can they be, but they know what they are doing. The heat is being turned up and the frogs are starting to boil.

Maybe alien disclosure will be-“Surprise! Your members of Congress are just shells of their former selfs. We aliens have taken over their bodies and your government a long time ago.”

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
homelessness
starving children
struggling elderly
struggling families
crumbling infrastructure
too high priced food
etcetc... help america? no!

money to ukraine! .. kthxbye

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

So, they want another 60 billion in this new bill for Ukraine which equals almost the amount sent in all of the past bills combined? Do I have that correctly?

Not gripping at you here.

The border gets around 20 billion from a 118 billion dollar bill? WOW! They can’t even pass a stand alone bill can they? What else is in this bill? They are all a bunch of arse wipes.

ETA: link to full text of bill: www.appropriations.senate.gov...
edit on 5-2-2024 by OnlyYouKnow2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2024 by OnlyYouKnow2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

With respect to Ukraine specifically, as of last July, the US had given 73 billion dollars worth of aid, other nations had given a total of about 160 Billion dollars:

So, in other words the US has given almost TWICE as much as the rest of the entire world combined.

Looks like we ARE footing the bill. Other countries are just putting up pocket change. ...but you know that.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join