It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal New York synagogue tunnel leads to 9 arrests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Nine members of a New York Hasidic Jewish community have been arrested and charged over a secret tunnel that connected to a historic synagogue.

They fought police after city officials and leaders of the Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters came to close the tunnel.

The men are charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and obstructing governmental administration.

A spokesperson for the Chabad called them a "group of extremist students".

Source

Here is an interesting story that's been developing in New York the past couple of days.

City inspectors were called to the Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters in Brooklyn yesterday to perform an emergency structural inspection after hidden tunnels were discovered under the building.

The building is one of the most important Jewish sites in the city. It was the home of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson who is credited with revitalizing the Hasidic community after the Holocaust. Schneerson passed away on 1994 but the building has remained an important site of Jewish learning.

The exact extent or purpose of the tunnels currently remains shrouded in mystery. They have been found to extend to a number of buildings in the neighborhood. Some speculate their purpose was to rapidly expand the space in the building. Others say they may play a part in a group of extremist students belief that Schneerson was the Jewish Messiah. I've also seen rumors online they may be used in human trafficking.

So far, nine men have been arrested in connection with preventing police from entering the tunnels.

If anyone from New York has any extra information on this story, I'm sure the board will be interested.
edit on 10-1-2024 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah I can't figure this one out. This small group of people think that the Jewish Messiah has come. But what's that got to do with making a tunnel? Do they think they are going to get attacked by those Jews who disagree with them and it's an escape or something? That's all I can come up with. It's really a mystery. I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WTF, man?

LET THEM DIG!

It doesn't matter the rhyme, reason, nationality, religion, or location. Men will be men and they will dig.

Plus, they could've been on to some cool National Treasure/Indiana Jones sh!t.

I wanna see what the end game was. Lame.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So how did the City know to come in and inspect? Who told them about tunnels and possible structure problems? Hmmm. 😀

And of course, WHAT were the tunnels used for?

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

I'm guessing the elders may have notified them of the tunnels. It sounds like the tunnels were constructed by an extremist branch that's separate from the more mainstream members of the synagogue.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

The exact extent or purpose of the tunnels currently remains shrouded in history.

Any history to link? =D

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Double Trouble.

edit on 10-1-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Damn autocorrect.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I’m confused why the police show up with inspectors and cement. It seems like they were going to seal the tunnel regardless of the inspectors outcome.
Whatever they were hiding in those tunnels is long gone out the back, which I assume was being emptied while the cops were being distracted.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I found this video that SAYS it's the tunnels....shows more of what things look like

That Secret Tunnel Beneath The Brooklyn Synagogue Are Creepy AF - LINK

It comes after the shocking discovery of a massive tunnel from the Union Mikvah, in Brooklyn, New York, with footage showing a small hole in the wall leading to a dark tunnel dug from the synagogue's basement. The tunnel, described as "amateurish", extends all the way to '770' - the address of the Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic movement's World Headquarters in Brooklyn, New York

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I’m digging and tunnelling for more information.

The initial report that I heard stated that the police were called to stop the cement trucks from filling the tunnels, then it changed to the story we hear now.

Still looking for the original story.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Report from FOX 5 New York.

Shady.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Supposedly video from the tunnels.

No way this was built in a short period of time.

t.me...#/37276

LOL

t.me...#/37259

ETA

Link won’t work for non telegram members I will look for another source

Here is the second video

t.me...

The first video shows a very large and well built tunnel that wouldn’t have been built in a short period of time.

edit on 10-1-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Its hard to believe that they were able to remove all that dirt without anyone else noticing.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Its hard to believe that they were able to remove all that dirt without anyone else noticing.

HaHa What you said reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption.....Seems Andy's favorite hobby was toting his wall out into the exercise yard - Video

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The way those Gentile Jews reacted, i’m sure theres a lot more to this story.
What would progressive Jews want to hide from the world.
If it’s the Jewish messiah, then they shouldn’t worry, there hasn’t been a nailed to the cross punishment in public ever, in the United States

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I did not have Jewish rape tunnels on my 2024 Bingo card.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I’m confused why the police show up with inspectors and cement. It seems like they were going to seal the tunnel regardless of the inspectors outcome.
Whatever they were hiding in those tunnels is long gone out the back, which I assume was being emptied while the cops were being distracted.

Probably need to know if any surrounding building foundations are damaged and / or compromised. Would you want your neighbors digging under your house?
edit on 10-1-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

I’m digging and tunnelling for more information.

The initial report that I heard stated that the police were called to stop the cement trucks from filling the tunnels, then it changed to the story we hear now.

Still looking for the original story.

Filling in with lots a cement might not be that wise either. I knew of a house being sucked down for lack of a better term because they thought it would be great to pour a large and deep chunk of cement. But they didn’t have bed rock either.
edit on 10-1-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

All while wearing those hats and suits

<<   2  3  4 >>

join