It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 vows of the prophet Muhammad regarding Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Today I want to tell you, dear members of the ATS, about the covenants of the Prophet Muhammad, in which he bequeaths to protect and protect Christians in every possible way. Unfortunately, few people today know about these documents among Christians, and what is more sad, among Muslims too.

So, we are talking about the six vows of the founder of Islam, Muhammad, to Christians around the world. Of course, I already knew that during the Arab Caliphate, at the dawn of the Muslim religion, Christians enjoyed some respect and even held government positions (for example, John of Damascus). He knew that Muhammad’s first wife subsequently converted to Christianity, and this had a certain influence on the founder of Islam. But I did not know that Muhammad directly forbade Muslims to kill Christians and even obliged them to protect them. There are six documents collectively titled “The Six Vows of the Prophet Muhammad to Christians Around the World.”

1. Muhammad's vow to the monks of Mount Sinai
2. Muhammad's Pact with the Christians of Persia
3-4. Treaty of Muhammad with the Christians of the world (in two versions)
5. Muhammad's Pact with the Christians of Najran
6. Muhammad's vow to Assyrian Christians

These documents were known for many centuries and were perceived as law. But they remained practically unknown to the mass of believers, we are now talking about both Christians and Muslims, because learned theologians neglected them. Today I will tell you about the first document.

On the Sinai Peninsula, right in the middle of the Muslim world, the Orthodox monastery of St. Catherine has stood for 14 centuries. During this time, the monastery was never destroyed or robbed, and during the Egyptian Revolution of 2011, the Bedouins took the monastery under their protection.
Thanks to the dry climate and the work of the monks, the monastery has a stunning collection of manuscripts and books, ancient icons, liturgical objects and church vestments. One of the most important documents of the monastery is the famous safe-conduct of the Prophet Muhammad (Firman Muhammad). It is believed that the text was dictated by the Prophet Muhammad himself, and the paper is sealed with his palm print. On Wikipedia this document is called Ashtiname of Muhammad.

The charter states the following:

"This is a letter which was issued by Muhammad, Ibn Abdullah, the Messenger, the Prophet, the Faithful, who is sent to all the people as a trust on the part of God to all His creatures, that they may have no plea against God hereafter. Verily God is Omnipotent, the Wise. This letter is directed to the embracers of Islam, as a covenant given to the followers of Jesus the Nazarene in the East and West, the far and near, the Arabs and foreigners, the known and the unknown.

This letter contains the oath unto given them, and he who disobeys that which is therein will be considered a disbeliever and a transgressor to that whereunto he is commanded. He will be regarded as one who has corrupted the oath of God, disbelieved His Testament, rejected His Authority, despised His Religion, and made himself deserving of His Curse, whether he is a Sultan or any other believer of Islam. Whenever Christian monks, devotees and pilgrims gather together, whether in a mountain or valley, or den, or frequented place, or plain, or church, or in houses of worship, verily we are [at the] back of them and shall protect them , and their properties and their morals, by Myself, by My Friends and by My Assistants, for they are of My Subjects and under My Protection.

I shall exempt them from that which may disturb them; of the burdens which are paid by others as an oath of allegiance. They must not give anything of their income but that which pleases them—they must not be offended, or disturbed, or coerced or forced. Their judges should not be changed or prevented from accomplishing their offices, nor the monks disturbed in exercising their religious order, or the people of seclusion be stopped from dwelling in their cells."

Continued below...

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"No one is allowed to plunder these Christians, or destroy or spoil any of their churches, or houses of worship, or take any of the things contained within these houses and bring it to the houses of Islam. And he who takes away anything therefrom , will be one who has corrupted the oath of God, and, in truth, disobeyed His Messenger.

Jizya should not be put upon their judges, monks, and those whose occupation is the worship of God; nor is any other thing to be taken from them, whether it be a fine, a tax or any unjust right. Verily I shall keep them compact, wherever they may be, in the sea or on the land, in the East or West, in the North or South, for they are under My Protection and the testament of My Safety, against all things which they abhor.

No taxes or tithes should be received from those who devote themselves to the worship of God in the mountains, or from those who cultivate the Holy Lands. No one has the right to interfere with their affairs, or bring any action against them. Verily this is for aught else and not for them; rather, in the seasons of crops, they should be given a Kadah for each Ardab of wheat (about five bushels and a half) as provision for them, and no one has the right to say to them 'this is too much', or ask them to pay any tax.

As to those who possess properties, the wealthy and merchants, the poll-tax to be taken from them must not exceed twelve drachmas a head per year (i.e. about 200 modern day US dollars).

They shall not be imposed upon by anyone to undertake a journey, or to be forced to go to wars or to carry arms; for the Muslims have to fight for them. Do no dispute or argue with them, but deal according to the verse recorded in the Quran, to wit: ‘Do not dispute or argue with the People of the Book but in that which is best’ [29:46]. They will live favored and protected from everything which may offend them by the Callers to religion (Islam), wherever they may be and in any place they may dwell.

Should any Christian woman be married to a Muslim, such marriage must not take place except after her consent, and she must not be prevented from going to her church for prayer. Their churches must be honored and they must not be withheld from building churches or repairing convents.

They must not be forced to carry arms or stones; but the Muslims must protect them and defend them against others. It is positively incumbent upon every one of the follower of Islam not to contradict or disobey this oath until the Day of Resurrection and the end of the world."

The monastery houses a contemporary copy of the charter. The original document was given to the Turkish Sultan in 1517. Traditionally, sultans confirmed the privileges granted by this document, right up to Sultan Abdul Hamid II, the last Sultan of Turkey.
The authenticity of the documents has been established and confirmed by several independent sources.

In 2009, on the pages of newsweek.washingtonpost.com... ns.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">The Washington Post, Muktedar Khan translated the document in full.

I wonder which Muslims (not counting their leaders and theologians, of course) know about these historical documents?

Thank you.

edit on 5-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Christians and Muslims have been getting on fine in Gaza and what was the rest of Palestine for a long time. I am not buying any religious war nonsense as the Zionists want some slaves to die for them.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Hey mate, the link in your second post doesn't seem to be working.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I tried to post it twice, but it didn't work. Apparently the address is very long. I will try again.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. this link is in Ashtiname of Muhammad.
edit on 5-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

edit on 5-12-2023 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

They can be funny sometimes.

Unfortunately, this link just takes you to the washingtonpost.com home page.

You could always just copy the complete url and post it inside "" and that way they can copy/paste it if refuse's to play nice.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

"https://swap.stanford.edu/was/20100118074850/newsweek.washingtonpost.com... tml"

Thank you, I did just that.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Muhammad was a lust filled pedophile and a mass murdering caravan thief who faked visions from God in order to control the peasants and gain power. His 'religion' grew at the point of a blood soaked sword. His supposed vows mean nothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Christians and Muslims have been getting on fine in Gaza and what was the rest of Palestine for a long time. I am not buying any religious war nonsense as the Zionists want some slaves to die for them.

There are 2 million Muslims living in Israel.
How many Jews live in Gaza?
Religion of peace?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, little Aisha does not sit right with most people in this day of age unless they're a stoat-the-baw.

Married her at the age of 6 or 7.

And consummated the marriage when she was 10, by which time Muhammad would have been about 53!

Granted judging the standards of the past by our own today can be problematic.

But 53-year-old men, tampering with 10-year-old kids is just wrong, no matter which way history or religion tries to spell it by my guess.
edit on 5-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   

What about the facts that … after Muhammad’s genocidal annihilation and eradication of the ancient Jewish tribes of Arabia, he then turned his forces against the Christian Byzantium Empire?

We must also note that, a significant number of Muhammad’s military campaigns were launched unprovoked and based on nothing more than rumor, gossip, and hearsay.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The Qur’an actually condones and prescribes pedophilia.

Chapter and Verse 65:4 speaks about the allowable time to engage in intercourse:

”And as for those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, in case you have any suspicion, then their (fixed) spell shall be three months, (along) with those who have not menstruated (as yet). And (as for) those with burden, (i.e., those who are pregnant) their term is when they bring forth their burden; and whoever is pious to Allah, He will make for him, of His Command, easiness.”

“Wallaee Lam yahidhna” which means “those who have not menstruated yet”. This group of females are pre-pubescent girls who have not yet menstruated.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MonadicLight

The same could be said about a few religious texts if we are honest.

Which is hardly an endorsement of organised religious practice in this day of age.

Where again if we are honest, the likes of child marriage, is still a serious point of contention if we are laying the cards on the table.

Funny how women and weans tend to be seen as less than and get the short end of the proverbial stick.

That's down to the fact that the priest casts seen them as chattel as opposed to actual human beings imho.
edit on 5-12-2023 by andy06shake because: On the move and canny spell. LoL

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You're a treasure trove of information RussianTroll. Keep posting! I don't have contributions yet enjoy the reading.

edit on 5/12/2023 by NobodySpecial268 because: Neatness

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, little Aisha does not sit right with most people in this day of age unless they're a stoat-the-baw.

Married her at the age of 6 or 7.

And consummated the marriage when she was 10, by which time Muhammad would have been about 53!

Granted judging the standards of the past by our own today can be problematic.

But 53-year-old men, tampering with 10-year-old kids is just wrong, no matter which way history or religion tries to spell it by my guess.

And in places all over the world the example he (p... be upon him) set is followed with relish by "Asians" (read muslims).

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

I would suggest the relationship between peace and religion is somewhat nuanced to say the least.

And while many organised religious practices stress emphasize values of compassion, justice, and love, that promote peace.

They certainly don't always seem to practice what they preach.

Now where the particular phrase "peace be upon him" is concerned, i was always told it was i sign of respect.

We should respect all religions as long as the people promoting the ideology are not trying to force it down our throats.

But at the end of the day respect is earned and seldom simply given, at least by my guess.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheWhat

I would suggest the relationship between peace and religion is somewhat nuanced to say the least.

And while many organised religious practices stress emphasize values of compassion, justice, and love, that promote peace.

They certainly don't always seem to practice what they preach.

Now where the particular phrase "peace be upon him" is concerned, i was always told it was i sign of respect.

We should respect all religions as long as the people promoting the ideology are not trying to force it down our throats.

But at the end of the day respect is earned and seldom simply given, at least by my guess.

Are you’re saying you would prefer the screams of alluh akbar than those Mormons knocking on your door?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonadicLight

What about the facts that … after Muhammad’s genocidal annihilation and eradication of the ancient Jewish tribes of Arabia, he then turned his forces against the Christian Byzantium Empire?

We must also note that, a significant number of Muhammad’s military campaigns were launched unprovoked and based on nothing more than rumor, gossip, and hearsay.

I concur, these vows were broken as soon as they hit paper. Of course this is allowed, even recommended in the Quran when making deals with infidels.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Not in the slightest.

Not that I'm overly fond of Joseph Smith's conies that come a-knocking much nether.

Here is some food for thought.

The God worshiped by "Mormons", or "Latter-day Saints", is considered to be an Abrahamic God.

Hence the very same fellow those people who scream "allahu akbar" are alluding to.

Same crap slightly different wrapping paper really no matter what they choose to perpetuate in the name of.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
You're a treasure trove of information RussianTroll. Keep posting! I don't have contributions yet enjoy the reading.

Thank you. I will try in the future)))

<<   2 >>

join