It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embrace Jews by Hating Zionism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Over the last few days, I have read a couple of articles that bolster my personal confirmation bias.

Chuck Schumer Is Antisemitism’s Great Enabler
WORLD / NOVEMBER 29, 2023

A personal reply to the senator’s personal attack.

DAVE ZIRIN

This one from the Nation Magazine, I read from a msn.com link which I didn't bookmark. The original is behind a pay wall.
-------

How Israel fractured the left and united the right

What’s behind the politics shift in the United States around Israel and Palestine — and how it might affect the 2024 presidential race.

By Avishay Artsy Dec 1, 2023

This one though is available without a pay wall.
----------
The U.S. position on Israel/Palestine has always been for a two state solution (two nations living side by side in peace). That has been made impossible by the actions of the Israeli Knesset on 19 July 2018 by passing Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People

1 — Basic Principles

A. The land of Israel is the historical homeland of the Jewish people, in which the State of Israel was established.

B. The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people, in which it fulfills its natural, cultural, religious, and historical right to self-determination.

C. The right to exercise national self-determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people.

2 — Symbols of the State

A. The name of the state is "Israel".

B. The state flag is white, with two blue stripes near the edges and a blue Star of David in the center.

C. The state emblem is a seven-branched menorah with olive leaves on both sides and the word "Israel" beneath it.

D. The state anthem is "Hatikvah".

E. Details regarding state symbols will be determined by the law.

3 — Capital of the State

Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel.

4 — Language

A. The state's language is Hebrew.

B. The Arabic language has a special status in the state; Regulating the use of Arabic in state institutions or by them will be set in law.

C. This clause does not harm the status given to the Arabic language before this law came into effect.

5 — Ingathering of the Exiles

The state will be open for Jewish immigration and the ingathering of exiles.

6 — Connection to the Jewish people

A. The state will strive to ensure the safety of the members of the Jewish people and of its citizens in trouble or in captivity due to the fact of their Jewishness or their citizenship.

B. The state shall act within the Diaspora to strengthen the affinity between the state and members of the Jewish people.

C. The state shall act to preserve the cultural, historical, and religious heritage of the Jewish people among Jews in the Diaspora.

7 — Jewish Settlement

A. The state views the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation.

8 — Official Calendar

The Hebrew calendar is the official calendar of the state and alongside it the Gregorian calendar will be used as an official calendar. Use of the Hebrew calendar and the Gregorian calendar will be determined by law.

9 — Independence Day and Memorial Days

A. Independence Day is the official national holiday of the state.

B. Memorial Day for the Fallen in Israel's Wars and Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day are official memorial days of the State.

10 — Days of Rest and Sabbath

The Sabbath and the festivals of Israel are the established days of rest in the state; Non-Jews have a right to maintain days of rest on their Sabbaths and festivals; Details of this issue will be determined by law.

11 — Immutability

This Basic Law shall not be amended, unless by another Basic Law passed by a majority of Knesset members.

My reading of this law indicates to me that Israel has no intention of finding a two-state solution. No East Jerusalem and no West Bank Palestine. The Jewish settlements will continue to grow until the slogan is realized "From the river to the sea, only Israel you will see."

And also that the foreign government of Israel has every intention of meddling in the internal affairs of other countries, such as the United States in such a way that Jews, born and raised, and holding full citizenship will be encouraged to identify as Israeli, thus dividing their loyalty.

This brings about the problem of antisemitism, for every definition of antisemitism includes the charge that Jews have a split loyalty between their home country and the foreign state of Israel.

If a person were to say to me, "I am Israeli first, Jewish second, and American third" then what? That's fine and dandy.

But if I then respond "Your loyalty to a foreign country is greater than your loyalty to the U.S." then I am antisemitic by definition.

Now that I have the stigma of that label(antisemite) I might as well run with it.

Religions: I have a distinct American religion which elevates individual liberties to one and all. We are not trapped by our government's constitution to remain in a religion which our parents happened to hold. We are free to drop religions as we see fit, as a matter of conscience. Catholics can quit being Catholics. Protestants can quit. Anabaptists can quit. Shiites can. Sunnis can. Hindus can. Buddhists can. Wiccans can. Anyone can choose their personal religion. So can Jews.

My country does not expect me to adopt the tenets of a religion not mine. But there is an exception to that rule when it comes to Jews. I am required to believe that Jews are special. Which I see as an infringement upon my freedoms.

My religion states that all humans are humans; there are no uber humans, no special born into or born again into higher caste, no more connected to the divine than any other.

Jews are not monotheistic, because not all Jews are. Jews are not atheistic, because not all Jews are. Jews are not polytheistic, because not all are. What all Jews are is humans with a label of Jew. It's just a label, like Catholic, Protestant, Anabaptist, Shiite, Sunni, Hindu, Buddhist, Wiccan, or None.

The day that I am required by the laws of my country to adopt the tenets of another's religion is the day I renounce my citizenship. The day that I am required by law to pledge allegiance to the flag of a foreign state is the day I turn myself in as an enemy of the state to suffer the consequences of my crime.
edit on 2-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Excellent

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Catchy title, and it's the truth as well.

If only those in power didn't crave wars as much as they do.

Americans are always the ones who must fight Israel's wars.

It's time to end this twisted relationship.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The two state solution has been tabled multiple times and rejected by Hamas among others. Hamas is the most popular party among those in Gaza. Hamas has avowed its doctrine of eradication of Israel and all Jews (not to mention shariah law for the entire world).

Facing that kind of threat would any race or nationality just sit there like a bump on a log and just wait for it to happen? Or would they seek aid and support from any willing to give it?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Catchy title, and it's the truth as well.

If only those in power didn't crave wars as much as they do.

Americans are always the ones who must fight Israel's wars.

It's time to end this twisted relationship.

Wait what war did we fight for Israel? Seem to have missed that one. We have had a lot of dumb conflicts but can't think of any fighting for Israelis.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k
a reply to: 19Bones79

I noticed that in all of the discussions about Israel-Hamas war in the media and in the ATS threads there was never any mention of Israel's Basic Law, which serves as a type of organically growing Constitution, just as binding as our Constitutions.

To me, that's a very big elephant in the room. The President never mentions it. No one does. I just thought it was a good idea to put some emphasis on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You know I just hate plugging my own threads...

But okay fine I'll do it this one time it's the one right below this one on the 'new' page.

Star that chit because I'm a validation whore.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

Equivalence of anti-Zionism and antisemitism

Historians such as Jeffrey Herf have argued that unlike the PLO, which has distinguished their national struggle against Zionism from general antisemitism, Hamas, in their 1988 covenant, purposefully fused these two struggles into one against the Jews and Israel.[50][48]

In contrast, the 2017 covenant denies the connection in its only direct mention of Jews everywhere:

Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion. Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine. Yet, it is the Zionists who constantly identify Judaism and the Jews with their own colonial project and illegal entity.
Hamas rejects the persecution of any human being or the undermining of his or her rights on nationalist, religious or sectarian grounds. Hamas is of the view that the Jewish problem, antisemitism and the persecution of the Jews are phenomena fundamentally linked to European history and not to the history of the Arabs and the Muslims or to their heritage.[51][52]

Facing that kind of threat would any race or nationality just sit there like a bump on a log and just wait for it to happen? Or would they seek aid and support from any willing to give it?

In real terms, I would say that a project that seeks unitary control over a territory, such as Eretz Israel, would do whatever it thought necessary to succeed, including undue influence in domestic matters of an ally nation.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why are so many cultures obsessed with territorial expansion and global takeover?

I don't understand the mentality.

Yeah I joke about my plans for world domination but I was just joking around and would never do such a thing in real life.

These cultures are psychotic.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I despise Zionism as much as I despised South Africa apartheid or even Nazism for that matter. As they all promote race instead of humanity. Yet I don't consider myself antisemitic. I have no negativity for existence of state of Israel. I only despise the political party that rules Israel. A political regime that has no hesitation to mass murder woman and children to profit their own race. Even thinking about leaves a sickening feeling at the pit of my stomach. But what can be done. Every UN move to control Israels criminal behavior is immediately vetoed by the US.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There are 2 million Muslims living in Israel.

How many Jews live in Gaza?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The jews should not all concentrate in one spot on the Earth. For all we know, it could be part of an ancient satanic plot to make it easier to destroy all jews once and for all when enough of the global population is concentrated in Israel??

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

They had to leave gaza were forced to by the IDF because that was part of the negotiated deal with hamas. They demanded that all jews leave gaza. Same happened in Jordan and Syria they were removed from most of the middle east. According to official statistics, 856,000 Jews, persecuted and under duress, were exiled from their homes in Arab countries between 1948 and the early 1970s leaving behind substantial property and other assets. Syria and Egypt have a Jewish population of 100 the rest of the middle east is less then 10. The jews used to be all over the middle east until the Arab league expelled them.

If they want right to return should be a two way street and they give back Jewish land that was taken as well. Truth is the Arab countries like Israel being there they had somewhere to send the jews to. Problem is they thought they would be able to expell them from there too that didn't work out so well. 🤔
edit on 12/2/23 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Why are so many cultures obsessed with territorial expansion and global takeover?

I don't understand the mentality.

People value their culture. They expect their national state to protect it for them. That isn't exactly psychotic. It's sort of a natural inclination.

Older, pre-1800s, nations managed to be uni-cultural. But with ease of travel and migration, that's rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Some countries, like the U.S., as an example, try to accommodate multi-culturalism. Others don't, and don't even want to attempt to.

I don't think there are many Christian churches or Synagogues in Saudi Arabia, for instance. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

But what can be done. Every UN move to control Israels criminal behavior is immediately vetoed by the US.

U.S. foreign policy is pretty much determined by the President. It would be nice if the U.S. President knew that Israel's position is one state, with no Palestine. As a result of realizing the unreality of his ideas of two states ever being realized, maybe withhold the veto, and perhaps instead threaten to veto further military aid, until Israel's Basic Law is changed.

That's what I would do, but I'm not the Prez.; not even an advisor.

I'm sure not voting for Trump. He would most likely recognize an immediate annexing of West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza by Israel, just like he recognized Israel's annexation of part of Golon Heights.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My recommendation to U.S. Jews would be to stay in the U.S. and insist upon public safety here, including protection of synagogues, mosques, churches, temples, shrines, and those ceremonial circles that witches have in the woods and stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I kind of wish most the Jews would move to America. The Israelis do a really good job of securing borders. park them on the south and we will never have to worry about the border ever again.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think its much more convoluted than what you suggest. Just recently AIPAC offered another senate candidate $20 million here. The money Israel uses to buy the senate gets returned when the senate votes to give Israel $5 billion per year in aid. This is why Netanyahu once said he controls the United States. He literally controls the US senate. If a US president goes against Israel they will not only have a hostile senate but a hostile media as well.

I doubt many leaders want anything to do with Netanyahu. An open mike incident in 2011 caught the French president complaining to Obama that Netanyahu is a liar. Obama replied "Your fed up with him. But I have to deal with him even more than you"..... here

So whoever you vote for is unlikely to go against Israel.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Vermilion

They had to leave gaza were forced to by the IDF because that was part of the negotiated deal with hamas. They demanded that all jews leave gaza. Same happened in Jordan and Syria they were removed from most of the middle east. According to official statistics, 856,000 Jews, persecuted and under duress, were exiled from their homes in Arab countries between 1948 and the early 1970s leaving behind substantial property and other assets. Syria and Egypt have a Jewish population of 100 the rest of the middle east is less then 10. The jews used to be all over the middle east until the Arab league expelled them.

If they want right to return should be a two way street and they give back Jewish land that was taken as well. Truth is the Arab countries like Israel being there they had somewhere to send the jews to. Problem is they thought they would be able to expell them from there too that didn't work out so well. 🤔

Spot on mate
even Baghdad Iraq was 50% Jewish in 1948 yet the last one just moved to the next level and was a cowboy who stood his ground a long time after the rest were murdered or expelled from a nation where they INCLUDING ABRAHAM belonged and existed LONG BEFORE there was a new religion called Islam. To quote Alan Partidge "cash back"

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I kind of wish most the Jews would move to America. The Israelis do

I like single citizenship U.S. Jews a little more than dual, triple, or even quad citizenship Jews. I'm patriotic that way.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join