It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new israel is the abomination of desolation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Has anyone here considered the possibility that the expression used by Matthew “standing in a holy place” (Mt 24:15), is not referring to a literal place on earth but that it has a symbolic meaning? Where Matthew uses “standing in a holy place,” Mark 13:14 says “standing where it ought not.”

There is an organization that claims that it can do what only God’s kingdom by Christ Jesus can accomplish. Bring lasting worldwide peace and security, “a new world order, a world where the rule of law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations.” (quoting President Bush sr. on the matter) If there comes a day when this organization declares to have accomplished this (read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3), would it not be “standing where it ought not”?

Chapter 33: Judging the Infamous Harlot (Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!)

... a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns.”​—Revelation 17:3.

This wild beast has seven heads and ten horns. Is it, then, the same as the wild beast that John saw earlier, which also has seven heads and ten horns? (Revelation 13:1) No, there are differences. This wild beast is scarlet-colored and, unlike the previous wild beast, is not said to have diadems. Rather than having blasphemous names on its seven heads only, it is “full of blasphemous names.” Nevertheless, there must be a relationship between this new wild beast and the previous one; the similarities between them are too pronounced to be coincidental.

What, then, is this new scarlet-colored wild beast? It must be the image to the wild beast that was brought forth under the urging of the Anglo-American wild beast that has two horns like a lamb. After the image was made, that two-horned wild beast was allowed to give breath to the image of the wild beast. (Revelation 13:14, 15) John now sees the living, breathing image. It pictures the League of Nations organization that the two-horned wild beast brought to life in 1920. U.S. President Wilson had envisioned that the League “would be a forum for the dispensation of justice for all men and wipe out the threat of war forever.” When it was resurrected after the second world war as the United Nations, its chartered purpose was “to maintain international peace and security.”

In what way is this symbolic wild beast full of blasphemous names? In that men have set up this multinational idol as a substitute for God’s Kingdom​—to accomplish what God says his Kingdom alone can accomplish. (Daniel 2:44; Matthew 12:18, 21) What is remarkable about John’s vision, though, is that Babylon the Great is riding the scarlet-colored wild beast. True to the prophecy, Babylonish religion, particularly in Christendom, has linked itself with the League of Nations and its successor. As early as December 18, 1918, the body now known as the National Council of the Churches of Christ in America adopted a declaration that declared in part: “Such a League is not a mere political expedient; it is rather the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth [whereislogic: “standing where it ought not.”]. . . . The Church can give a spirit of good-will, without which no League of Nations can endure. . . . The League of Nations is rooted in the Gospel. Like the Gospel, its objective is ‘peace on earth, good-will toward men.’”

On January 2, 1919, the San Francisco Chronicle carried the front-page headline: “Pope Pleads for Adoption of Wilson’s League of Nations.” On October 16, 1919, a petition signed by 14,450 clergymen of leading denominations was presented to the U.S. Senate, urging that body “to ratify the Paris peace treaty embodying the league of nations covenant.” Though the U.S. Senate failed to ratify the treaty, Christendom’s clergy continued to campaign for the League. And how was the League inaugurated? A news dispatch from Switzerland, dated November 15, 1920, read: “Opening of the first assembly of the League of Nations was announced at eleven o’clock this morning by the ringing of all the church bells in Geneva.”

This wild beast (Rev. 17:3) truly is an abomination, a disgusting thing (alternate rendering for “abomination”). There are also many things to be said about how this abomination causes (and has caused) desolation*, but I think my comment is long enough for now. *: Matthew 24:15 (NW) phrases it as “the disgusting thing that causes desolation” (the thread title says “of desolation”, so I thought I'd point out where my way of phrasing it came from).

Below are some articles with some food to chew on, but it may be a bit too hard to digest for someone more in need of milk. In any case: “Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

So if you think you can handle a bit more than merely dabbling a bit in Scriptural prophecy, these articles are for you:

The Desolating of Christendom by the “Disgusting Thing” (1970)
A “Disgusting Thing” Fails to Bring Peace (1985)
Peace, Security, and the ‘Image of the Beast’ (1985)

I can't resist with the last one (let's see what I can still fit in this comment):

The “Image” of the Beast Today

An angel gave John some information that helps us. He said: “The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. And there are seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived, but when he does arrive he must remain a short while.” (Revelation 17:9, 10) The mention of “kings” and “mountains”​—which in the Bible can often represent political powers—​indicates that the heads of the beast represent governments. (Jeremiah 51:25) Which seven governments are involved?

Well, five had already fallen in John’s day, one still existed, and one was to come. In Bible history, five major empires flourished, oppressed God’s people, and then fell before John’s day: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. When John was alive, the Roman empire was in power. Centuries after John’s death, the Roman empire passed from the scene as the dominant world power and was eventually replaced by the British empire. Soon this empire’s western colonies gained independence and came to act closely with Britain to form the Anglo-American world power. This is the “king” that had “not yet arrived” in John’s day. What was the relationship between the beast that John saw and the seven empires represented by its heads? “It is also itself an eighth king, but springs from the seven.”​—Revelation 17:11.

Remember, too, that the beast had ten horns. About these, the angel said: “The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings one hour with the wild beast.” (Revelation 17:12) In the Bible, the number ten represents completeness as to things on earth. Therefore, these horns symbolize all the governmental powers earth wide that support the wild beast for a short time (“one hour”) during “the Lord’s day.” They include the seventh world power, as well as the modern governments that have descended from the other six ‘heads of the beast,’ though these six are no longer world powers. These “kings” did not exist in John’s day.* [The political scene today is quite different from that of John’s day. Very few member nations of the UN even existed back then. Hence, it is true to say that they had “not yet received a kingdom.” There are a few exceptions, such as Egypt. But even in these lands, the power structure has changed so much over the centuries that the angel’s comment is still true: The governments now in power had “not yet received a kingdom” in John’s day.] Now that they have gained authority, they “give their power and authority to the wild beast.”​—Revelation 17:13.

Do you recognize the beast now? Yes, it is the same as “the disgusting thing that causes desolation” that began as the League of Nations and that now exists as the United Nations. (Matthew 24:15; Daniel 12:11) How does this organization ‘spring from the seven world powers’? In the sense that the whole beastlike organization, like an eighth power, is brought into existence by already existing governments, with the Anglo-American world power being its chief sponsor and supporter.

In addition, as the angel told John, all the “ten horns” give “power and authority to the wild beast.” (Revelation 17:13) In fact, without support from the governments represented by the heads and the horns, the beast would be powerless. Why? Because it is merely an image. (Revelation 13:14) Like all images, it is powerless in itself. (Isaiah 44:14-17) Any life that it has comes from its supporters. (Revelation 13:15) At times some of these have taken decisive action through the United Nations, as, for example, during the Korean War.

Our identification of this beast is confirmed by some further details given by the angel: “The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction.” (Revelation 17:8) This has already been fulfilled in part. The second world war effectively killed the League of Nations. In 1942, when Jehovah’s Witnesses came to understand this prophecy clearly, it could be said of the League-beast: “It ‘is not.’”* But in 1945 it ‘ascended out of the abyss’ as the United Nations organization. Will it succeed in its mission to bring peace and security? The prophecy says no. Rather, it is “to go off into destruction.” [*: While World War II was escalating in all its fury, the president of the Watch Tower Society, on September 20, 1942, delivered to the New World Theocratic Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses the speech “Peace​—Can It Last?” Therein, he showed from Revelation chapter 17 that, contrary to the expectation of many, World War II would not culminate in Armageddon. First the ‘peace beast’ must rise again from the abyss of inactivity to rule for a figurative “one hour” with the political powers.]

edit on 18-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn
Late to reply , but I have been occupied for the most of my time.
But, congratulations.
That is the single most historically inaccurate post I have ever read.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The abomination of desolation isn’t Israel…
it will be the actions of a man…
a man who will occupy the the third temple
He who will proclaim himself God
Before that he will work wonders and solve most of the worlds problems
bringing about a false peace
Most will actually believe he is God before this
Be for real
there is only around 20 prophecies from over 750 left to be fulfilled

edit on 19-10-2023 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
But, congratulations.

All fine, just say which parts are not correct.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

Everyone is always saying prophecies can have multiple fulfilments. So I present my interpretation based on Matthew 24.

"So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains"

I propose a nuclear explosion. That is certainly an abomination, and most definitely causes desolation. You will head for the mountains if you saw one of those detonated in Jerusalem.

A nuclear explosion could be it yes. Maybe a war comes between Israel and Iran. And they say Israel got nukes (and so they maybe Nuke Iran?) and so when that happens Israel causes desolation. And Palastina is already pretty much a desolation.

Israel killed Jesus (& David and many prophets) hence why most Jews don't believe in Jesus (they don't want to feel this guild my guess?).
And they do the opposite of Jesus teachings = an Abomination since they stand in the Holy Place.

By far most Jews never even read the new testament! Like it's blackmailed in Israel.

Jews Cannot Accept the New Testament!

edit on 19-10-2023 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

But, congratulations.

How 'bout all ?

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

But, congratulations.

How 'bout all ?

Ok let me pick just 1. I said Israel got destroyed by the Romans 70 AC.

n 70 AD, the Romans destroyed the temple in Jerusalem and looted its sacred contents. With the revolt over for good, huge numbers of Jews left Judaea to make a home elsewhere.

The city of Jerusalem was thoroughly sacked by the Romans. Buildings, homes, and walls were torn down, leaving the city in ruins. The level of devastation was such that Josephus claimed that those who visited the city after its destruction could scarcely believe it had ever been inhabited.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join