It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new israel is the abomination of desolation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bob1000

And so it begins.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And so it begins.

She must've been talking about the other king of the Jews.
edit on 16-10-2023 by bob1000 because: left out a word

edit on 16-10-2023 by bob1000 because: left out a space

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Had King Joshua done his job, the Philistines would have been extinguished like it's neighbors were. He dropped the ball.

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Was Jesus not a carpenter?

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You nailed it.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes, in many ways in fact. Primarily he came to rebuild the tabernacle of David and to build the temple of God.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

You might want to look into preterism. That the prophecies of Jesus were for the time up to the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70.
wikipedia - Preterism

Consider that if Jesus had thought that things of this era would just continue on for thousands of years he may have thought his teachings important enough to write a book himself, rather than leaving his teachings to hearsay, bad memories, and embellishments.

On the other hand:

Remember that time when people complained to Jesus that his disciples were eating with unwashed hands? Writing sacred texts was a way to become ritually unclean. Like if you are copying Torah or something, and then you have to wash your hands a lot before eating or touching things.

What if the disciples were writing down things that Jesus said, but he didn't think it was so important that they needed to wash their hands?

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Is that not a tent where the Ark of the Covenant is supposed to reside?

As far as I'm aware that's either in Ethiopia or lost to the annuls of time.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Cheers.

Something to cross off the list.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Later on he was. I think he did cement work before that. The Bible said something about foundation work he had done in the past.

It tells right here:

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 3:10-17

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Is that not a tent where the Ark of the Covenant is supposed to reside?

As far as I'm aware that's either in Ethiopia or lost to the annuls of time.

All of that stuff in the Old Testament were shadows of the heavenly things to come with Christ. The tabernacle of David was the Old Testament believers in Christ who died before Christ came. They were raised with Christ at his resurrection. New testament believers are the temple of God.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Never understood people using their guy in sky to parse “who gets to exist more” based off of different guys in sky (ironically the same in this case, yet different).

If nobody is agreeing on a god, you can’t use religious texts to decide earthly affairs (personally I don’t think they ever should in the context of governance)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2023 by CriticalStinker because: Dbl

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Never understood people using their guy in sky to parse “who gets to exist more” based off of different guys in sky (ironically the same in this case, yet different).

If nobody is agreeing on a god, you can’t use religious texts to decide earthly affairs (personally I don’t think they ever should in the context of governance)

That's a good point and I agree. The proof of God has to exist outside of the religious texts or at least there should be something "other wordly" contained in the text to prove supernatural authorship.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Cheers.

Something to cross off the list.

While you listen to Eurythmics " Thorn In My Side "

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There’s enough agreed upon morality on earth for humans to be able to make decisions, negotiate, or make treaties on.

Often when we find a difference in morality, it’s because someone is using a religious text. And many times they’re using it as justification for their own leverage or equity.

Dogma is poison, and this is even evident outside of religion. Hell, even atheists often become militant in their ideology, see the USSR.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

There’s enough agreed upon morality on earth for humans to be able to make decisions, negotiate, or make treaties on.

Often when we find a difference in morality, it’s because someone is using a religious text. And many times they’re using it as justification for their own leverage or equity.

Dogma is poison, and this is even evident outside of religion. Hell, even atheists often become militant in their ideology, see the USSR.
There used to be enough agreed upon morality on earth. That isn't the case anymore unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Crown it all off with a nice wee GnT methinks.

I've not thought of the Eurythmics in ages.

Jesus would be more of "The Human League" fan i suppose.

edit on 16-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting video ... Dennis Prager - The Middle East Problem

<< 1    3  4 >>

join