It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the Next Bible Prophecy Event?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So, Bible scholars; what will be the next prophetic event?

Rapture of the church?

Gog - Magog war vs Israel?

other war v Israel?

antiChrist revealed?

most of the scholars and pastors I follow think that the Rapture is imminent and nothing else has to happen before.
I tend to agree.
maybe more 'falling away' (from Christianity) needs to happen first?

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Destruction of Damascus.

Such a sad, scary but yet fascinating time. Prayers over ALL!

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The Strong Delusion fogs the minds of everybody, saved or not

www.bing.com... DIECAQQADIECAUQADIECAYQADIECAcQLjIECAgQANIBCTI4MTU1ajBqMagCALACAA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=EDGEDB

holy israel is confused with neo-con/zionist human government israel...lots of x-tians are riled about being rused

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The prophetic timeline is clear as Revelation is a sequential book. The next event will be either dual/triple or singular. The destruction of Damascus coupled with the Worldwide earthquake. The rapture may occur just before, during or as a result of these events. I believe the rapture and the Earthquake in the sixth seal will happen at the same time. This indeed will be either preceded by the Damascus destruction or followed by it.
Clearly Ezekiel thirty eight is also right in there so what is important is not what comes next, but rather are you prepared for what comes next.
If you are not prepared for any of the above then it all becomes a moot point. But if you are prepared for these events then it really doesn't matter. You already know the outcome.
"Selah" [Pause and Reflect]
edit on 14-10-2023 by DavidsHope because: txt oops

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So the Israeli/Palestine war before this one was what, a dress rehearsal? Or it wasn't "war" enough so try try again??

There are religious sects that are actively creating the foundational chaos that folks deem to be prophecy when in fact it's manufactured to give validity to a widely held BELIEF that was also created to control people, and bring "uncivilized" people to heel.

Prophecies are a great hobby to get into! Collect and trade them all, I say!

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

New International Version
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatchful

New International Version
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

That understanding is predicated on a belief I don't possess. Not an atheist, I just HATE organized, dogmatic religion for everything it stands for.🤷🏻

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I do too, hate organized religion. I just follow the Bible and Jesus. I understand
I wish it were all different so people could see Jesus for who He is. But, that's my belief. Take care!

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Something I'm watching is the destruction of Iran.

According to Daniel 8 and 11 it describes the preliminaries to the Apocalypse to be as follows.

1. A country that looked Greek to Daniel would be attacked by 4 kings or countries from the area of Persia (middle east).

2. Said country counterattacks and conquers 3 countries in the middle east.

So as of now the 9-11 attacks and the war on terror has us up to 2 countries in the middle east. If they conquer one more (Iran) then the war of the goat and the ram in Daniel is complete. And we have the carcass. Which may be the fulfillment of Matthew 24-28 leading to Matthew 24-27.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

And to those who would say this is completed prophecy there's a detail to remember. Bible prophesies can repeat. Which could mean Daniel 8 and 11 are doing a repeat fulfillment.

Also add in destruction of Damascus and Lebanon. And possibly a fulfillment of Gog-Magog. Appearance of Jewish messiah and the rebuild of the temple. And then said messiah's death and the opening of the 6th seal of Revelation.

edit on 14-10-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

destruction of Damascus and Lebanon. And possibly a fulfillment of Gog-Magog. Appearance of Jewish messiah and the rebuild of the temple.

Probably in that order. As far as Harpadzo, hopefully pretrib, but may not occur until just pre wrath ( Midtrib).

Because of the timing and so many things happening at once, what we are seeing in Israel/Gaza may very well lead to a gog magog war.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't know what is next , but the major event to watch for is the Abomination of Desolation . That one event kicks of the last 3.5 years and most of what you listed.
edit on 10/14/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Does the bible have a recent prophecy or even an old one?

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: redbackd

The Bible is made up of 30% of prophecies. 50% have come true so far, and the other 50% are in the process now. The time range is over thousands of years, but things are happening now. We are living in the Bible days.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The problem with prophecies is that they never tell you anything useful. It is just all signs and portents, of what could, or may be, but never what is. And often many people will see current events, focused in on the small minutia of what they think is the sign, only to miss it by a mile. History is littered and filled with many people who claimed that one event or another is foretold and thus ending the world, only for the sun to rise and set on the very next day.

From what I have seen and looked at, I do not think that we are looking at the future, that is what is to come, but rather a repeat of the past, that we as a species are about to be kicked out of the garden, having taken too much and trashed the place up. That the days are numbered and will one day render the place unable to sustain human life any more. That far too often the danger comes from initially the water, as so many of the prophecies in the bible have stated. Even in the old Testament, if one looks at the destruction of Israel, it starts off with the surrounding of the cities and states coming from the north and the east and moving towards the center.

If you look at the way the fighting and trouble with Israel is happening, as of currently, coming from the north and the west, and travelling inward towards the center of the country.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There has never been a bible prophecy that has been true

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
most of the scholars and pastors I follow think that the Rapture is imminent and nothing else has to happen before.

There is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.
That notion was invented by failed Anglican priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s.
Its not biblical.
I know people cherry pick a few scriptures and claim it is.
But it isn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: redbackd

The Bible is made up of 30% of prophecies. 50% have come true so far, and the other 50% are in the process now. The time range is over thousands of years, but things are happening now. We are living in the Bible days.

I had an interesting discussion with my zealous sister about her claiming we are in the last days. I had to disagree. This here, right now, IS NOT the worst time in human history. Not by a long shot, lol.

Over the thousands of years since the dawn of Christianity (for example), I'm sure there were plenty of times folks thought the end was close or that they were in the midst of it happening.

The agendas and ambitions of psychopaths are wasting and ruining what is essentially the best era of human existence as we know it. I believe this planet has been a host for countless, ancient cultures and civilizations that have been lost to cyclical disasters.

Christianity believes that there was only one flood and that God promised to never destroy the earth by flood again and gave us rainbows to remind us....or something like that. I'm a Sunday school dropout, so sue me. To a 9 year old, it was plausible.

Anyway, we see far too much ancient archeology, history and architecture that was here LONG before Christianity, to set aside such tangible things in order to fit a faith based timeline.

We haven't even begun to get messy enough to say Armageddon is close. This is nothing in comparison.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
So the Israeli/Palestine war before this one was what, a dress rehearsal? Or it wasn't "war" enough so try try again??

It's a continued sign from God that the time wasn't right, but that the Israelites should always be on guard because there will never be peace between them and their enemies. The rest of the world needs to wake up to that harsh reality. Most people around the world are slow in figuring that out.

There are religious sects that are actively creating the foundational chaos that folks deem to be prophecy when in fact it's manufactured to give validity to a widely held BELIEF that was also created to control people, and bring "uncivilized" people to heel.

It doesn't matter who's will is driving it. God uses everything to ultimately reveal His plans and/in His timing. The Bible has already outlined the overall plan and we are just watching it play out. Whether you believe what's been written is true or not, doesn't matter. It will still play out whether you believe it's God's will or someone else's will driving it.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The Bible tells us that the signs of the end will be like a pregnant woman having labor pains. It will start off slowly and signs will be further apart before it starts picking up speed and the signs start happening closer together. The entire tribulation takes place over a short period of 7 years and the worst time in all of history will take place during the last half of those 7 years.

I believe we are definitely witnessing the signs picking up speed when I look back over just the last 10 years. I can't believe how far we have fallen over that period of time.

edit on 15-10-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I don't know what is next , but the major event to watch for is the Abomination of Desolation . That one event kicks of the last 3.5 years and most of what you listed.

that can't happen until Israel rebuilds its temple. which they might do soon

forward.com...

Boneh Israel, another pro-Third Temple group, has both Jewish and Christian members that, according to its website, work on “actively bringing the redemption closer”; they are responsible for shipping several red heifers from Texas to the U.S. earlier this year.

And Rabbi Yitzchak Mamo, from yet another Third Temple group, Uvne Jerusalem, told the Christian Broadcasting Network that he has planned a ceremony for Passover 2024 to slaughter the imported heifers, assuming they have not developed any blemishes before then. Mamo said he bought a plot of land overlooking the Temple Mount 12 years ago, specifically in hopes of using it for the slaughter ceremony and beginning preparations for the Third Temple’s construction.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join