It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Bud Light Best Buy! Retailer goes full woke by discriminating against its white employees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Original link doesn't seem to work but you can find the article if you Google: Best Buy discrimination against white employees.

A memo from retail giant Best Buy was revealed on Tuesday highlighting the company's professional development program for employees who "identify as Black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific Islander."

"The program is not open to white applicants," investigative journalist James O'Keefe said.

The program had started in 2022, but O'Keefe's viral post on Tuesday spurred social media users to call for boycotting Best Buy the way other boycotters had treated Bud Light.

The Best Buy memo laid out opportunities for employees to accelerate their place in management in the company if they met certain qualifications.

The program would help with management acceleration and "enhance their leadership through a mini-MBA style curriculum." It would teach "strategy development, critical thinking, networking and problem solving."

To qualify for the program, the memo states that employees must be in a salaried role, have worked more than a year at Best Buy, identify as black, Latino, Hispanic, Asian, or Pacific Islander, and can commit to the hours of the available programs

This is direct discrimination against a group of people, in this case white employees, assuming this piece of news is true and accurate. Even if the company had good intentions, to give more opportunities to certain employees coming from ethnic minority groups, race and ethnicity shouldn't be determining factors on who qualifies for the program. What happened to skills and merits?!

From what is known O'Keefe Media publicised the memo that went viral on the 9th of August and they have provided two pictures alongside the tweet that showcased Best Buy’s note to its employees.

twitter.com...

DISCRIMINATION: A Citizen Journalist has revealed Best Buy is partnering with McKinsey & Company on a Management Training Program.

The program is not open to white applicants. “Candidates must meet the [racial] requirements below”

Any comments @BestBuy?

We all know what happens when a company decides to go woke. They are getting budlighted as history has shown.

edit on 13-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is clearly giving an advantage to those who meet the requirements based only on race and puts the white race at a disadvantage. Thats clearly a racist program.

A few more like it and than maybe minority groups will start to have as many racist advantages as white people do.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

We all know what happens when a company decides to go woke. They are getting budlighted as history has shown.

The only time a boycott worked for the conservatives is the one for bud lite and now you people think this will happen every time. It won't work, sorry to say, bud lite was one of the rare times a conservative boycott worked.
edit on 13-8-2023 by FactorFake2023 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Boycotts are hard to pull off when you don't have the main stream media in your back pocket. Not everyone listens to AM radio. If I wasn't a member here at ATS I might have never known that I wasn't supposed to drink bud light.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

So the new racism is better than the old racism form way back in the past? I really can't see the difference in the two racisms. Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FactorFake2023

originally posted by: AlienBorg

The only time a boycott worked or the conservatives is the one for bud lite and now you people think this will happen every time. It won't work, sorry to say, was one of the rare times a conservative boycott worked.

Bud light isn't the only one.

There are many companies that went woke and faced a lot of consequences. Ben & Jerry's for example, Disney, and others.

Instead of focusing on the possible boycotting, try to focus on the substance of this thread, that is discrimination against a group of the company's employees based on race and skin colour.

Stop supporting the woke nonsense please.

edit on 13-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I havent gone to them in years anyway, so this one will be easy for me. Lately I have been trying as hard as possible to shop local - no franchises. Every once in a while I have to go to a box store though. Amazon is next on my list to start cutting out of my economy.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust
I havent gone to them in years anyway, so this one will be easy for me. Lately I have been trying as hard as possible to shop local - no franchises. Every once in a while I have to go to a box store though. Amazon is next on my list to start cutting out of my economy.

Shopping locally is a great idea and I am in favour of supporting the local communities and the smaller but local groceries and shops.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So all you have to do is identify as one of those groups.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

That's the key to getting access now. I'd love to see them deny an Irish guy equal opportunity amongst the black peers he identifies with. I'd love to see the reaction of those peers to their new homie, lol

🤡🌎

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I routinely self-identify as a queergender disabled lesbian black lady (transracial, of course, just for extra fun) who is in their late 90s on surveys just to mess with survey & demographic data.

I encourage more to do the same, especially in these times.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   
its all very much a sign of how close we are to collapse..

as of now the nhs are considering accepting giving extra rights those patients who temporality identify as something that hekps them queue jump..

this is building in the idea of everyone identifying as whatever they want to leapfrog queues, avoid waiting lists and deny others their rights etc

when you step back and consider that whole its easy to see we are one small nudge from collapse..

as ill thought through as it is adding "identify as" is out their with the word cis, if you are cis then trans become non-cis in english that sounds like prison slang for pedo.. aka nonces.

this will be an example of what happens when academic theories make contact with reality.. it falls prey to human nature.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Sure, boycott them. I haven't been inside one of those places in like 15 years anyway.

Some employees need to sue them into bankruptcy is what needs to happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: AlienBorg

Sure, boycott them. I haven't been inside one of those places in like 15 years anyway.

Some employees need to sue them into bankruptcy is what needs to happen.

True, because of direct discrimination.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I am sure self-identification will do the job.
It seems to work for the gender thing sometimes so why not for anything else.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The only way to fight the system is through boycotts, until the reset, cbdc, and social credit. If your money is your voice, then when you own nothing, you will truly have no voice and no power. When they finish the job they are doing, no common person will have a financial muscle to flex, so enjoy any boycott while you can. Too bad it will only make them more determined to take that away from everyone sooner.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

So the new racism is better than the old racism form way back in the past? I really can't see the difference in the two racisms. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Where in my statement did I say ether racism is better than the other? Racism is racism; and now it appears as if minority groups are getting racism to work a bit more on their side ... not as much as it works for white people but we are getting there. Soon all people will be equal.
edit on 14-8-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

(post by Shillkill removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

Where in my statement did I say ether racism is better than the other? Racism is racism; and now it appears as if minority groups are getting racism to work a bit more on their side ... not as much as it works for white people but we are getting there. Soon all people will be equal.

I’m white . Who’s racist . Seems to me the people in charge that are trying to tell us how different we are are racist . You seem to be the scorekeeper for racism , I don’t think any of us are sure what your point is here .

(post by Shillkill removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join