It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaslighting - What does bedroom activity have to do with work?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Same with the disabled, skin color, etc.

It’s not about the bedroom. That’s a cop out.

Whatever, no one cared AT ALL about people being gay or whatever when I was in my 20's (at least people my age - I am 54 now). As a matter of fact most people knew and worked and played with gay people and got along just fine. It has only been since the DNC decided under the guidance of your fuhrer Obama that there has been all of this tension.

And PULLEASE tell me what rights do I have that any gay or tranny doesn't have? I want to know, I really do, because the way I see it from the last say 10 years and especially the last 5 that from any company perspective that I have had to deal with white straight men are the ones always being left out of the back patting and corporite love emails and more importantly hiring or retention POLICIES. The last place I worked, nearly EVERY freaking week there was an email about how diversity and homosexuality and trans whatever was SO important and they were SO proud of every single thing they do all the time.

So seriously, please shut up, no one with a brain likes your garbage holier than thou attitude anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Halfswede

This is exactly why we can’t erase history.

At one time that bedroom activity was enough that you couldn’t join the military, totally disqualified.
They it was don’t ask, don’t tell.

Let me tell you, even though they said that, you can’t beat it into the military for decades that it wasn’t ok then one day flip.

Unfortunately for many gay/lesbian people they have been discriminated in the workplace. Perhaps, they didn’t get promoted just because their boss found out they had a same sexed husband/wife.

Maybe we are getting closer to point where it doesn’t matter, and that is great.

Aaaaaaand this is why women should have just stayed in the kitchen.

The 19th Amendment was a mistake.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

I’d say it’s far more about equal rights and acceptance in a workplace and society.

What “polite society “ forced to the fringes, and legally denied rights of livelihood just for being who they are needed to be corrected and recognized.

Whatever, no one cared AT ALL about people being gay or whatever when I was in my 20's (at least people my age - I am 54 now).

I’m 76. Grew up on the Los Angeles beaches, near Hollywood CA.

Of course I’ve witnessed the evolution of Equal Rights.

I was a senior in high school when the Civil Rights Act was signed.

And CA has the Unruh Civil Rights Act signed in 1959.

My 15 year old grandson considers his sexuality OPEN.

————————————

However, who starts these many, many, anti-LGBTQ* threads.

It’s not Bots.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Whatever, no one cared AT ALL about people being gay or whatever when I was in my 20's (at least people my age - I am 54 now).

————————————

It’s not Bots.

Guess what? ITS NOT THE 60's ANYMORE. man you boomers... give it up. go fishing or something. there are already laws in effect for this. quit kicking the hornets nest and saying the stings are coming from the bees. OK?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just wish people wouldn't be so bigoted and straightphobic.

Can't they understand that we just want the same rights as them?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Right on the bullseye.

Our grandkids are acting like imitation boomers. It's really silly. I wouldn't have acted like my gramma and grampa for all the money you could have paid me.

Are bellbottoms going to get recycled with the sexual revolution, equal rights and communism too?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Whoa! Kids, not all Boomers are narrow-minded anti-Americans.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Annee

Id appreciate it if you would not use value judgements in regards to my 'focus', i.e. ,'wrong'.

You or anyone who sees a gay person and immediate focus goes to bedroom is CHOOSING that focus.

The gay person is not choosing it. You are.

People have families, careers, degrees, talents, hobbies.

And why do we need to know about bedroom stuff?

And who’s putting the focus there?

It's literally the only thing that makes them, THEM. If it isn't then please state what other characteristic makes them LGBT. Clear this up.

I gotta step in here. The ACTUAL difference is who they are attracted to. The bedroom stuff may or may not happen after the initial attraction. So it's not the first port of call.

That's the bottom line, attraction/preference always comes before the (potential) bedroom stuff.

I think calling bedroom antics the only difference is disingenuous.

I'm not saying this to agree with Annee or anyone else, I say it from personal experience. (I don't follow or agree with the woke lgbtqa stuff either).

Cheers

edit on 30-7-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: Annee

Id appreciate it if you would not use value judgements in regards to my 'focus', i.e. ,'wrong'.

You or anyone who sees a gay person and immediate focus goes to bedroom is CHOOSING that focus.

The gay person is not choosing it. You are.

People have families, careers, degrees, talents, hobbies.

And why do we need to know about bedroom stuff?

And who’s putting the focus there?

It's literally the only thing that makes them, THEM. If it isn't then please state what other characteristic makes them LGBT. Clear this up.

I gotta step in here. The ACTUAL difference is who they are attracted to. The bedroom stuff may or may not happen after the initial attraction. So it's not the first port of call.

That's the bottom line, attraction/preference always comes before the (potential) bedroom stuff.

I'm not saying this to agree with Annee or anyone else, I say it from personal experience. (I don't follow or agree with the woke lgbtqa stuff either).

Cheers

What in the world does that have to do with anything? Before, during, or after, they are still the same as everyone else. There are no laws in the USA preventing LGBTQLMNOP person from any job or marriage or buying anything or whatever. So what is your point? The issue here is why are corporations playing favorites with that segment of our population? In my mind the problem is the demand of minorities for quotas. When anyone starts demanding a quota for any type of human being then there is going to be problems as it will ALWAYS favor some type of person over the other and that is very childish. People should always be able to better their lives based on their merit, not on their skin color or what they do sexually. It is obnoxious that we have come to this culturally. But dont worry, we can all see the effect of this and I would guess within a few years to tens of years another culture will stomp us militarily (because history shows us the way in this regard) or economically and none of this will matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
/Users
edit on 30-7-2023 by Whatchful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

Yeah, they’re just people.

I worked at a company where I was the minority being straight.

Believe me, gay people do not have clone behavior or focus on sex when they’re at work. They focus on their job.

They are extremely diverse, Even within the LGBTQ+ community. And not necessarily supportive of sub groups.

My favorite co-worker defined himself as a man.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It’s not Bots.

Is it really anti-LGBTQ when I think everyone says there is no issue with them being LGBTQ and doing what they want? It seems you want to keep generalizing all of this and most of us are very specific in what we see as wrong. Anti would be more like what we see in the hetero-white male area where just breathing as a hetero-white male is bad these days.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatchful
/Users

Looks like somebody from a small town.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It’s not Bots.

Is it really anti-LGBTQ when I think everyone says there is no issue with them being LGBTQ and doing what they want? It seems you want to keep generalizing all of this and most of us are very specific in what we see as wrong. Anti would be more like what we see in the hetero-white male area where just breathing as a hetero-white male is bad these days.

Since mostly the threads are directly intentionally negative.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

————————————

It’s not Bots.

Guess what? ITS NOT THE 60's ANYMORE. man you boomers... give it up. go fishing or something. there are already laws in effect for this. quit kicking the hornets nest and saying the stings are coming from the bees. OK?

That’s your response?

Triggered much?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Present company absolutely excepted, Cowboy. There are plenty of us that grew up when we were tired of all the sex drugs and rock and roll.

Others, not so much. Got a little town of them about 45 minutes away where the pottery gallery I work with is located. It's so much fun to go. Like stepping into the past. Real Ukraine flags flying in the breeze. Healthfood stores and meditation centers. Colorful murals and folksy mtn vibe. Johnny Depp has a place there, and other celebs.
There are two demographics of residents: retired upper middle to upper/upper class WHITE yuppie/hippies reliving their youth, and young WHITE yuppie/hippies (probably offspring of above) living their LARP fantasy of the days of the dawning of Aquarius they heard so much about, yet missed the party.

It's a pain to go up there once a week but I make a bit of money off the tourists that are always passing thru and shopping.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999

Cheers

Suggesting the "bedroom" is a family-safe way of saying hypersexuality to the point one's sexuality drives/leads most of one's daily activities.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes.

Well, all the threads...that is because, once again, no one cares about their preferences unless it leaks into our lives or the lives of kids. Why make positive posts unless one is in that community? Why make any posts at all unless there is a reason to make them? The Woke liberals have created a good number of reasons to make these posts, so these are not out-of-the-blue attacks as much as they are after actions to events already in play.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yes.

Well, all the threads...that is because, once again, no one cares about their preferences unless it leaks into our lives or the lives of kids. Why make positive posts unless one is in that community? Why make any posts at all unless there is a reason to make them? The Woke liberals have created a good number of reasons to make these posts, so these are not out-of-the-blue attacks as much as they are after actions to events already in play.

I took my kids and grandkids to Pride events, same as my mom took me to disabled events.

I also took them to Juneteenth events.

“People are their Heart”

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 30-7-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join