It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaslighting - What does bedroom activity have to do with work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Truer words have never been spoken.
==
==

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Id appreciate it if you would not use value judgements in regards to my 'focus', i.e. ,'wrong'.

And in answer to your questions: yes and no

I don't go around broadcasting my straightness. That would offend people if I was constantly making my straightness a thing. Why does their orientation have to be so in your face.

I remember when I took a job in a new location and was newly introduced to one of my female project leads. She wore a wedding band and we were all 50 somethings. One day in passing I said something about 'is your husband missing you with all these overtime hours... or something like that. She said 'oh you mean my wife?'

Ok, nothing at all wrong with the conversation above. It might have been a tiny bit awkward, but no big deal.

EXCEPT for the cute little obscene smile and flirty giggle she added for flavor. It wasnt my imagination.

It was the additional flair I've seen since I was in middle school and the first gay adult person I ever spoke too said 'try it, you'd like it, its soooo much better because they know your parts.

This is known.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Does not change the fact that the people doing them really aren't a benfit to society.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Always throwing out that bot thing when I make a good point you don't like.

That is exactly what a bot would say...

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Does not change the fact that the people doing them really aren't a benfit to society.

I can make a very long list of all types of people doing stupid s##t that are also not a benefit to society.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That is exactly what a bot would say...

It's reruns here.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Does that include those trying to claim that AB has not lost a lot of money and are just trying to cover their own a$$ in the attempt at getting some of it back?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You give this type of crowd way more credit than they deserve. Same ones who a couple years ago were eating tide pods and eating spoonful's of cinnamon

Do you mean stupid kids tik tok challenges?

you have to be a bot.

Yeah you got him when you said "stupid kids tik tok challenges"

Agreeing to some weak out of context reference that didn't make sense and has nothing to do with this thread.......that was profound.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Does that include those trying to claim that AB has not lost a lot of money and are just trying to cover their own a$$ in the attempt at getting some of it back?

Read AB's stories and see what they have been trying to do all along and what they hope to do in the future?

www.ab-inbev.com...
edit on q00000046731America/Chicago3535America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Id appreciate it if you would not use value judgements in regards to my 'focus', i.e. ,'wrong'.

You or anyone who sees a gay person and immediate focus goes to bedroom is CHOOSING that focus.

The gay person is not choosing it. You are.

People have families, careers, degrees, talents, hobbies.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You or anyone who sees a gay person and immediate focus goes to bedroom is CHOOSING that focus.

The only difference between a gay man and a straight man is what and to whom they do in the bedroom.

Gay people don't have special diets, living conditions, clothing or hair styles.

They are just the same except for bedroom stuff.

And why do we need to know about bedroom stuff?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Being that the only difference is what a person does in the bedroom, why is there any discrimination about it at all?

People don't need to know about what goes on in anyone else's.

Its called privacy. Keep your business in your bedroom and nobody has a problem! Viola

Your focus is wrong. A focus you are choosing.

That’s really not the issue.

Do you think those that are of the LGGTQ discriminated minority’s main focus is the bedroom?

Do you think those that are of the heterosexual orientation’s main focus is the bedroom?

This ^^ (highlighted by me) is the gaslighting. They are literally the opposite of discriminated, but you try and gaslight the belief that they are by just saying it over and over, so people will FEEL that way. That is gaslighting -- purposely obfuscating the truth to push an agenda.

They literally have a whole month dedicated to celebrating their behavior choice. They are represented on television, movies, media at a rate far above the population. They are given significant leeway in workplace discipline over others who don't prefer diddling in those ways. They are promoted in every possible way in the news -- "The first LGB... judge, ballplayer, mayor, etc.. " What does any of that have to do with the job btw? Why is it even acknowledged?

Minority? Sure, if people that collect model planes or cosplay can be considered a minority. This is just more gaslighting to create the impression that it is equivalent or equatable to a person's race.

So again, stop gaslighting people into believing this is about rights, or equality, or discrimination, when the only thing it is about is their bedroom behavior getting recognized and popularized. There is literally no identifying characteristic that makes them LGB+++ besides the choice of sexual behavior. That is all.

Two best friends can live together, golf together, dine out together, collect orchids together, own a dog together, even for their entire life and that does not make them LGBQ etc. If they do certain bedroom things, THEN and ONLY then does that make them LGB+++

edit on 30-7-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Being that the only difference is what a person does in the bedroom, why is there any discrimination about it at all?

People don't need to know about what goes on in anyone else's.

Its called privacy. Keep your business in your bedroom and nobody has a problem! Viola

Your focus is wrong. A focus you are choosing.

That’s really not the issue.

Do you think those that are of the LGGTQ discriminated minority’s main focus is the bedroom?

Do you think those that are of the heterosexual orientation’s main focus is the bedroom?

This ^^ (highlighted by me) is the gaslighting. They are literally the opposite of discriminated, . . .

I don’t agree with you.

As I’ve stated previously, my background discrimination experience is with disability.

Laws do not stop discrimination.

How does Pride Month hurt you? Since you’re making it all about you?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

With few exceptions, I don't care what people are doing in the privacy of their own homes or hotel or whatever. I just expect to not have to hear about it.
edit on 2023 7 30 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, and what's problematic with this focus is one's sexual preferences in or out of the bedroom can actually be an anything goes choice whereas LGBTQ identity and expression is not a choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And who’s putting the focus there?

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I don't go around broadcasting my straightness. That would offend people if I was constantly making my straightness a thing. Why does their orientation have to be so in your face.

You made me think about something with this statement of yours. Let's go back to the pre-80s when sexuality was alive and well within the workforce. As we progressed forward into the 80s and on we removed sexual harassment and hostile environments a good deal along the way, but it seems that this "in your face" movement from the rainbow community is also fueled like gas dumped on a fire with the Woke Left, is like we went backwards to before the 80s, but this time it is with LGBTQIA+ community playing the bad person role and the rest just need to silently take it like days of old for women in the workplace, or you are canx.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I gave several examples illustrating how they are the opposite of discriminated. How about you back up your discrimination assertion instead of more gaslighting. Are they hired at a rate less than the population, promoted less, not allowed in schools, less wealthy, denied constitutional rights, charged more, underrepresented in media? Please share this discrimination metric.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And who’s putting the focus there?

It's literally the only thing that makes them, THEM. If it isn't then please state what other characteristic makes them LGBT. Clear this up.
edit on 30-7-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This is exactly why we can’t erase history.

At one time that bedroom activity was enough that you couldn’t join the military, totally disqualified.
Then it was don’t ask, don’t tell.

Let me tell you, even though they said that, you can’t beat it into the military for decades that it wasn’t ok then one day flip.

Unfortunately for many gay/lesbian people they have been discriminated in the workplace. Perhaps, they didn’t get promoted just because their boss found out they had a same sexed husband/wife. I had a gay teacher, he was absolutely discriminated against.

Maybe we are getting closer to point where it doesn’t matter, and that is great.
edit on 30-7-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join