It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Assassination Attempt of CIA asset on US soil shows major security shift

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Title shortened to Fit.

Did Adam Schiff open the door on this as he wasted years of the Russia hoax against President Trump. He was in charge of the Intelligence Committee. Actually, that Russia attempted to do this on US soil may force all those traitors among us to be exposed as those loyal to the USA will now have to regroup, rebrand and do the job.

Schiff chaired the House Intelligence Committee from 2019 to 2023 and was removed from it by Speaker Kevin McCarthy in 2023.

A 2020 attempt by Russian agents to target and kill a CIA asset on U.S. soil signals a major shift in how the U.S. intelligence community assesses the threat faced by foreign informants who are vital to U.S. intelligence gathering.

Russian Assassination Attempt

Earlier this week, The New York Times revealed an unprecedented attempt by Moscow to pursue Aleksandr Poteyev, a former high-ranking Russian intelligence officer turned informant for the CIA who was living in Miami.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Aaaand there it is...

"We may need to invest more resources now that we know the Russians will be conducting ‘wet deeds’ covert operations on U.S. soil, but so far what we’ve done has worked in terms of keeping these guys alive,"

Buried at the bottom the article they point out they need more funding and we need less freedoms to combat this "threat".

This article is full of vague accusations and appears to be manufacturing consent more than it's trying to inform us...

Not saying it didn't happen. Just skeptical the motives and way it went down as presented in the article. It seems more an attempt to manufacture consent than to inform.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Evidently, everyone has forgotten about the 1970's death of ex-police officer Pat Prince that was deeply engaged in the CIA's studies of Remote Viewing in that era? Supposedly, he was afflicted with a quick-acting poison by Russian agents.

Well, that is all understandable. The CIA wouldn't want anybody to know that remote viewing is possible. After all, knowing the future would automatically be classified in any context as a very high secret. And we only got into doing psychic work because the Soviets were already doing advanced work in that field.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Hmm, is this OP about Adam Schiff or about Russian covert operations?

If the latter is more relevant, than I would point out that this is not the first time Russia has conducted similar operations on western soil. Remember, Russia poisoned Alexander Litvinenko with radioactive polonium on UK soil. Russia will do as they want and conduct these foreign terror activities.
edit on 22-6-2023 by Itherael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

They did it here in Salisbury, too.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

Yes, you guys were ground zero. My point on Schiff is that was he even aware of these ongoing's as this never happened here in the US. Or, it was never written or spoke about as you seem to know something.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

I never heard of him as that was a long time ago but his actual name was Pat Price. Nice information

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

I believe it was Pat Price.

A good movie about this whole saga is 'Third Eye Spies'.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels
Yes, Price.

Sorry. That was a typo from old fingers.
I'm fairly knowledgeable about remote viewing and its history and have done it. It is not dead and gone as some think and some would like you to think.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Does this mean that White Nationalists are no longer the top threat to the US?

If so, then alphabet agencies may need to pull their informants from White Nationalist groups and reallocate them to spying on Russians. This could cut the membership rolls of White Nationalist groups by 60%.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Title shortened to Fit.

Did Adam Schiff open the door on this as he wasted years of the Russia hoax against President Trump. He was in charge of the Intelligence Committee. Actually, that Russia attempted to do this on US soil may force all those traitors among us to be exposed as those loyal to the USA will now have to regroup, rebrand and do the job.

Schiff chaired the House Intelligence Committee from 2019 to 2023 and was removed from it by Speaker Kevin McCarthy in 2023.

A 2020 attempt by Russian agents to target and kill a CIA asset on U.S. soil signals a major shift in how the U.S. intelligence community assesses the threat faced by foreign informants who are vital to U.S. intelligence gathering.

Russian Assassination Attempt

Earlier this week, The New York Times revealed an unprecedented attempt by Moscow to pursue Aleksandr Poteyev, a former high-ranking Russian intelligence officer turned informant for the CIA who was living in Miami.

So a congressman who was in charge of oversight of US intelligence is more responsible for this than the Trump appointed heads of the CIA, FBI and other counterintelligence organizations, or Trump himself, who was responsible for foreign relations at the time?

Both the House and Senate Intelligence committees do hold secret hearings and meetings, and I would imagine this sort of matter would be addressed in these bodies.

And last time I checked, the Republicans controlled the Senate in 2020, and Richard Burr was the Chairman until he stepped down during an ethics violation investigation and Marco Rubio took over. This committee has just as much oversight authority as the House committee. Yet you only mentioned Schiff and suggested he was to blame.

So we have two Republican senators and multiple heads of intelligence/counterintelligence agencies appointed by Trump, and we have Trump himself the primary decider on foreign policy, yet you are blaming the one Democrat that has anything to do with the matter -- not that he or the senators mentioned have anything to do with such matters in real time. Seems you're just ingenuously trying to score some political points.

Moreover, the fact that Schiff was warning of interference in domestic affairs by Russia suggests he was more worried about such matters than the other persons mentioned above. And for the record, although at the time it seemed kinda silly to say, but during one of the Obama-Romney debates, Romney said,

Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe,

whereas Obama said that al Qaeda was. Which in hindsight looks really schtupid on #44's part.

As for the rest of the Republicans, they watered down their pro-Ukraine/anti-Russia platform during their presidential convention, at the behest of Trump.

Regarding your claim that what Schiff warned of as being a hoax, the GOP-led, bipartisan report of the Senate Intelligence committee agreed with Schiff:

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the final report on its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, finding numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow posed a "grave" counterintelligence threat.

"We found irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement, directly refuting President Donald Trump's repeated assertions that Russian interference was a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats.

Senate report outlines ‘grave’ Russian threat in 2016 election interference probe

Most of the Schiff bashers like to claim he's a traitor, so I guess all the senators on this committee were too.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Since this is a conspiracy site, I feel obligated to point out that a lot of conspiracy theories surround the Official Narrative ™ of the Skripal poisoning. I have no idea what I personally believe on this topic, but I've read enough holes poked into the narrative to know that the real story cannot be what has been promulgated.

I searched for "skripal poisoning conspiracy theory" and came up with way too many articles to pick just one. Fully half of them are "oh my gawd you conspiracy nutters!!"... consistent with the adage "when you are receiving a lot of flack, you know you are over the target".

First 3 existing threads on this website:
The US Had Access to Substance Allegedly Used to Poison Skripal ...

Britain's top diplomat says Russia's Vladimir Putin ordered ex-spy's ...

Amesbury: Two collapse near Russian spy poisoning site, page 1

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Does this mean that White Nationalists are no longer the top threat to the US?

If so, then alphabet agencies may need to pull their informants from White Nationalist groups and reallocate them to spying on Russians. This could cut the membership rolls of White Nationalist groups by 60%.

Uh, no. In 2020 there were 16 killings tied to right-wing extremism, never mind attempts, whereas there was one unsuccessful assassination attempt by Russia. In 2021 there were no known assassination attempts by Russia, but 26 murders (plus additional attempts) by right-wing extremists. Never mind all the assaults and other crimes by right-wing extremists. Here the term "right-wing extremist" and "white nationalist" are, to a large extent, interchangeable, although all white nationalist's are right-wing extremists, but not right-wing extremists are white nationalist's.

Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2020

Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2021

Objectively speaking one is much more likely to be killed by a right-wing extremist than by a Russian assassin, and infinitely more likely so if one is not a defector and intelligence asset from an authoritarian regime such as Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Your comment is well written and IMO at a PhD level. My take is that you support the Democrats which I do not. I also am embarrassed by many in the Republican party. I also don't care for Trump as the man is so stupid along with being a narcissist that he cant get out of his own way. Thus the classified documents just goes on and on.

The point is wasn't a sitting President impeached on false charges that were amped up by a corrupted FBI and possibly justice department? Even if Trump appointed those people Washington is so corrupted it seems that everyone has already sold out.

The guy leading the charge is as mentioned above was supposed to be above all of the above be he isn't.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Your comment is well written and IMO at a PhD level. My take is that you support the Democrats which I do not. I also am embarrassed by many in the Republican party. I also don't care for Trump as the man is so stupid along with being a narcissist that he cant get out of his own way. Thus the classified documents just goes on and on.

The point is wasn't a sitting President impeached on false charges that were amped up by a corrupted FBI and possibly justice department? Even if Trump appointed those people Washington is so corrupted it seems that everyone has already sold out.

The guy leading the charge is as mentioned above was supposed to be above all of the above be he isn't.

I appreciate your objectivity, and thanx for the compliment.

However, Trump was never impeached for anything having to do with the CFH the Mueller investigations. He was impeached the first time for his "perfect" phone call to Zelensky, in which he was trying to blackmail Ukraine into investigating Hunter Biden in a quid pro quod for military aid (javelin missiles). Yes, Schiff led this impeachment, but all the witnesses came from the Trump administration. I saw a transcript of the phone call and it sure looked incriminating; messing around with national security by bullying a small country in a conflict with Russia, in order to get it to open an investigation against the son of his political rival does seem like a high crime or misdemeanor. The second time was for fomenting a mob to go down to the capitol and commit sedition, in order to try to overturn the election result. I heard what Trump said on Jan. 6 and it sure sounded incriminating to me and a majority of the nation, and rose to the level of being a high crime or misdemeanor.

As for Schiff, whom I think you are referring to, I have my bones to pick with him from when he pushed Bush II's and Cheney's WMD lies about Iraq. On the other hand, I haven't heard anything out of line by him regarding Trump and apparent cooperation with Russia during the 2016 campaign. And I've done searches on his statements, and have yet to find any instances of him saying anything over the top. Did he use a bit of hyperbole at times? Possibly, but I honestly don't remember any and have yet to see any direct quotes of his having done so. He certainly hasn't overstated anything to the level that Comer and Jordan have regarding the Biden family investigation, and most certainly hasn't said or done anything that warranted his censure, let alone being accused of treason.

Which is not to say that there might not be something to the allegations against Biden, but I have yet to see hard evidence of it, and have also said that I have no problem with further investigation of the matter, but to say that Joe Biden was bribed is a bit premature at this point, whereas there is a damn amount of evidence against Trump at this point regarding the documents.

I don't carry water for Schiff or Biden, but expect the same level of justice for them to be accused of crimes as I do of Trump.

And as to whether Schiff was supposed to be above it all, compare his actions and statements to Devin Nunes', to wit:

“There is collusion in plain sight — collusion between Russia and the Democratic Party,” said Nunes, who worked hand in hand with the White House to push back on the Russia investigation during the early days of Donald Trump’s presidency.

Devin Nunes’s behavior during the Mueller hearing was bizarre

Mr Nunes has repeatedly been accused of attempting to undermine investigations into the Russia allegations.

In 2017, he was forced to temporarily recuse himself from the House Intelligence Committee’s probe while the Office of Congressional Ethics investigated his disclosure of intelligence files which he claimed showed Mr Trump’s transition team had been caught up in surveillance.

He reportedly received the files from White House officials and was criticised by both Democrats and Republicans for revealing information from classified documents.

Mr Nunes was later cleared by the ethics watchdog, but the release of the declassified memo last year showed key elements of his claims of FBI misconduct had been false or misleading.

Trump admits he allowed Devin Nunes access to classified intelligence documents about Russia investigation

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

In 2020 there were 16 killings tied to right-wing extremism, never mind attempts, whereas there was one unsuccessful assassination attempt by Russia. In 2021 there were no known assassination attempts by Russia, but 26 murders (plus additional attempts) by right-wing extremists. Never mind all the assaults and other crimes by right-wing extremists. Here the term "right-wing extremist" and "white nationalist" are, to a large extent, interchangeable, although all white nationalist's are right-wing extremists, but not right-wing extremists are white nationalist's.

So the annual kill count of right-wing extremists is less than half the kill count of the average holiday weekend in Chicago, but the right-wing extremists are the problem requiring national attention.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have my bones to pick with him from when he pushed Bush II's and Cheney's WMD lies about Iraq.

They weren't lying.

They did have WMD and moved them into Syria just before the 2nd Gulf war. Candy Vice dropped the National Security Card on the DHS in the Southern District of New York Court in 2005 as over a dozen international warrants for arrest were being requested. The entire investigation was shut down. Candy worked for Bush II

I am compromised by this. They also got everyone who held a Top Secret Security Clearance as per CIA Spook who appeared on NetFlix documentary ~ SpyCraft

OPM Breech Cyberattack

PM me
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

In 2020 there were 16 killings tied to right-wing extremism, never mind attempts, whereas there was one unsuccessful assassination attempt by Russia. In 2021 there were no known assassination attempts by Russia, but 26 murders (plus additional attempts) by right-wing extremists. Never mind all the assaults and other crimes by right-wing extremists. Here the term "right-wing extremist" and "white nationalist" are, to a large extent, interchangeable, although all white nationalist's are right-wing extremists, but not right-wing extremists are white nationalist's.

So the annual kill count of right-wing extremists is less than half the kill count of the average holiday weekend in Chicago, but the right-wing extremists are the problem requiring national attention.

Hey, I was making the quantitative comparison between Russian assassination attempts and right-wing extremist killings -- as you asked about. And then there was that blip of 168 people in the OK City bombing...

Also per your prior post, are you suggesting that 60% of the Proud Boys are actually federal informants? Sure, some of them are, but anywhere near that figure, I extremely doubt it. So far there are only two known of that I am aware of, and one of those is up on gun charges and was recently convicted of seditious conspiracy.

As to your goal-post-dragging comment, the Democrats have tried to put more limits on firearm purchasing and enact more gun control but the GOP-dominated SCOTUS and the GOP caucuses in the House and Senate have fought it tooth and nail.

But why bring up Chicago, IL? How about Jackson, MS? Or just compare red states to blue states:

The Two-Decade Red State Murder Problem

The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.

Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.

Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.

If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.

Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

Hell, Chicago doesn't even make it into the top 10 cities, whereas Jackson is the nation's highest.

Here are the top 10:
per year/rate per capita
--------------------------------------------
1 Jackson 138 92.1
2 New Orleans 280 74.3
3 Birmingham 144 72.9
4 St. Louis 200 68.2
5 Baltimore 334 57.9
6 Baton Rouge 115 51.8
7 Detroit 307 48.5
8 Cleveland, OH 171 46.5
9 Memphis 289 46
10 Milwaukee 214 37.59

Analysis: For second straight year, Jackson’s homicide rate ranks highest in U.S. among major cities

Looks like Baltimore is the only city in the the list that is in a blue state, whereas all the others are in red or purple states.

But anyhoo, violent political terrorism is different from everyday violent crime, and I thought this thread was about security threats of a political nature, external or internal. And actually it is about the shift to having to worry more about external security threats from foreign nations than before, but relatively speaking right-wing and white nationalist extremism still outweighs this.

The threat of everyday violent crime does not have the impact on politics that extremist terrorism does in intimidating people.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I have my bones to pick with him from when he pushed Bush II's and Cheney's WMD lies about Iraq.

They weren't lying.

They did have WMD and moved them into Syria just before the 2nd Gulf war. Candy Vice dropped the National Security Card on the DHS in the Southern District of New York Court in 2005 as over a dozen international warrants for arrest were being requested. The entire investigation was shut down. Candy worked for Bush II

I am compromised by this. They also got everyone who held a Top Secret Security Clearance as per CIA Spook who appeared on NetFlix documentary ~ SpyCraft

OPM Breech Cyberattack

PM me

As Syria and Iraq share a border, I don't see how the SDNY Court would have jurisdiction on the transfer of WMD's between the two. And my understanding, to my best recollection, is that the investigation shut down by Kinda Sleazy Rice had to do with the 9/11 attack and Saudi Arabia.

Now Iraq may have sent chemical weapons to Syria, but where is the evidence for it? What Powell did claim to the UN was that the aluminum tubes were of a higher specification than US rocket tubes, and hence were for nuclear enrichment, when in fact the US had the same specs for its rocket tubes.

LIE AFTER LIE: WHAT COLIN POWELL KNEW ABOUT IRAQ 15 YEARS AGO AND WHAT HE TOLD THE U.N.

Furthermore, I'd argue that Iraq's chemical WMD's weren't a big deal to the US as the US had helped Iraq in its development and production of chemical weapons in the Iraq-Iraqi War, in which Iraq used said weapons, and the US didn't protest in the slightest. It was a nuclear mushroom cloud that was Darth Chaney's and Kinda Sleazy Rice's talking point. And if Iraq had such a program, it couldn't have hidden it under a rug and kept the US and allies from finding it once the country was seized. Additionally, showing evidence of such would've vindicated the chicken hawks' call for war against Iraq -- as would any evidence of even the production facilities for chemical weapons. The Bush II administration was desperate for such evidence and came up with nothing.

Not sure how the OPM breech fits into all of this, except that the breech includes security clearance data back to 2000.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
we're repeating the turn of century stuff only then it was britain now its the usa etc..

it also indicates how close to the real storm we really are..

my personal litmus test is the chanel boats (living on that coast) history shows us the groups who cross the chanel en-mass are where the next flashpoints are, the higher the numbers the closer the next war is.

the thing is they also end up forming a core of the army.. like the "kings most loyal enemy aliens" in ww2..

when we see spikes across the board we are getting really close to the next conflict.

<<   2 >>

join