It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's top diplomat says Russia's Vladimir Putin ordered ex-spy's poisoning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

LONDON — Britain's foreign minister increased pressure on Russia over the poisoning case of one of Moscow's ex-spies by claiming it was "overwhelmingly likely" President Vladimir Putin directly ordered the attack.

Britain previously accused Russia of being behind what it has called the "brazen" nerve-agent attack on Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter, Yulia, 33, in Salisbury, England, on March 4. Friday's comments from Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson mark the first time that Putin has been blamed directly.

"Our quarrel is with Putin’s Kremlin, and with his decision, and we think it is overwhelmingly likely that it was his decision to direct the use of a nerve agent on the streets of the U.K., on the streets of Europe, for the first time since the Second World War," Johnson told reporters in the British capital. Moscow strongly denies the allegation and called Johnson's remarks "shocking" and "inexcusable."

So now they're pointing fingers... I tell you again, this is NOT good.

Putin's expected now to come forward and defend himself and/or retaliate the accusations.

Also interesting how they're mentioning every time that this was the first time since the WW2. Maybe throwing some gas in the fire? Who knows...

As Putin, I'm still waiting for any proof that Russians did it. And now they need to prove that was Putin's orders.

USA Today

Related threads:

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

Russia and the Skripal Assasination Attempt

Theresa May expels 23 Russian diplomats in retaliation for Sergei Skripal poisoning

Russia confirms it will expel British diplomats in retaliation

Nikki Haley warns: Russia could use chemical weapons in New York

The US Had Access to Substance Allegedly Used to Poison Skripal (Novichok)
edit on 16/3/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well the inquest into Litvinenkos death found that Putin ordered his death.

I am not saying again that this is defiantly the case with Skripal but Russia are most definitely the number one leading suspect in the absence of any proof to the contrary.

Also I don't think this is the first time that the finger has been pointed directly at Vlad.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

If Putin did it, he should have used Polonium, as was done in 2006.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not much uproar over that. Just curiosity.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh, but Russia is a harmless cute little bunny country.

That's what ATS taught me.

Anything else is Anti-Trump! For some reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Its overwhelmingly obvious that we will lynch all our politicians and captains of industry before killing a single Russian in a war or police action.

They want to go through a new cold war without the patriotic support of the past cold war?

Go ahead I say. Its the status quos funeral.

We are potential domestic terrorists remember. Dont ask us to take on your enemies anymore.

S a D.

edit on 3 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not much uproar? I guess you weren't here in the UK at the time and might have missed little things like the Public Inquiry that found that the poisoners were Andrey Lugovy and Dmitry Kovton and that they were acting under the direction of the FSB and that their actions were approved by one V Putin.

Then there were our attempts to get them extradited.

There was quite a to-do about this over here, actually.

All of this is mentioned in your Wiki page.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It is likely that this was a state sponsored attack as Russia has done these things in the past, but I would like to see more definitive evidence before I point the finger.

Saying it's a nerve agent only produced in Russia is quite simply some BS. Saying only Russia knows how to produce it is also BS.

Real evidence would include a suspect(s), intercepted conversations, travel records, motive, etc...

All we have so far is the word of western state heads, and I have zero faith in the credibility of them anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, much better to trust the Russians. Obviously.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

How could they know that it was Putin who ordered it? Not impossible, though, with today's technologies.

Seems it merely adds more questions than answering them. Obviously, they're after Putin, big time.

Given Putin is an A-hole, in a world full of A-holes, why him? Why now?

The point here is not whether or not he's guilty, since when has that been the priority of our diplomatic community? Rather what's the game plan behind all this????

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

No clue how you got that from what I said. Re-read my post, especially the first sentence.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yea, me too. I'm still waiting for some evidence to come out that they did it.

I'm not buying any of this yet. As some members already posted before, I don't think Putin is that dumb to use an agent that could be traced right back at them. Come on, the guy is KGB. Also, why take so long to run the attack? And why do it now a week before the elections?

My guess is, someone out there doesn't want him to win the elections again...

a reply to: oldcarpy

And why is it any better to trust the UK?

Don't take it wrong, I don't trust anyone until I see any evidences to do so.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here...

But I really feel this has more to do with his connections to Orbis, and Fusion GPS. The Russians know who this guy was, they knew where he lived, they knew everything there was to know about the guy. If they had reason to kill him, wouldn't that reason have manifested action much, much sooner ?

Why now ? Why in England ? What would they gain ?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I do think the attack came from Russia, but now the question is was it state sponsored? THAT is what I would like to see proof of. It very well could have been a Russian oligarch acting independently without state knowledge. Those guys over there can and will do that all the time, no Putin involved.

Did this guy have enemies? Did he have debts? Was he still active in the espionage community?

Many questions, zero answers.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Thats not working.

We would prefer to see our cities burn rather than the world over the scripted angst of sociopaths that CONSTANTLY start wars with lies..

edit on 3 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No clue how you got that from what I said. Re-read my post, especially the first sentence.

I have re read your post and - apologies, I mis read what you actually said.

Have a on me. Sorry.
edit on 16-3-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I have re read your post and - apologies, I mis read what you actually said.

Have a on me. Sorry.

No worries, I do that myself quite often!

One right back 'atcha

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Boris Johnson, "UK's top diplomat"?

Please, just stop

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Well he is Foreign Sec....Oh. I see what you mean!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Of course he did it. Hes playing a chess game here.

The poisoning.

The 100 Russian military that attacked US soldiers in syria

The meddling in elections.

The cyber attacks.

Puttin is probing, hes testing to see how far he can push the envelope and what the reactions are going to be.

Hes testing the whole NATO thing, If he can get that to crumble by carrying out acts of war with no retaliation by NATO allies then he knows where his strength is.

Hes setting all this up and its deliberate, the guy isnt an idiot. He basically Mocked the UK when they delivered that ultimatum to him this week.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Yes but maybe, just maybe when accusing a nuclear superpower of assassination you bring something a little more substantial to the table than "we THINK its LIKELY". you know something like evidence...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join