It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN, MSM Reports Patriot System $150 Million was hit in Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You are just a propaganda pushing mouthpiece.

I have never seen some here pushing heavily as a propaganda mouthpiece for Biden's little war in Ukraine and support for your beloved clown zelensky.

That same Biden that made threats to the Nord Stream pipelines if Russia enters the conflict in Ukraine.
edit on 16-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

By the way, whenever is Russia going to take Bakhmut
After 9 to 10 years with Western support for so called Syrian Rebels in Syria, now the tables had turned with the return of Syria to the Arab league.

I will just leave you that...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

ha russia can't eeven get that right. reports from the pentagon are that they think russia figured out a way to home in on a camouflaged radar signal that the Patriot emits.

can't even follow a guided signal and destroy their target, needs to be a stationary apt building full of civilians inorder to destroy them.

oh and yes they did fire six not so fast supersonic missiles.

Ukraine’s air defense intercepted six hypersonic Kinzhal missiles fired by Russia early Tuesday, Ukrainian officials said. If confirmed, the strikes would be further evidence of Ukraine’s ability to shoot down one of the most sophisticated conventional weapons in Moscow’s arsenal.
Russia-Ukraine WarUkraine Thwarts Intense Attack on Capital

edit on 16-5-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
Supporters of zelensky always either or mock or laugh at Russia which isn't surprising.

ha russia can't eeven get that right. reports from the pentagon are that they think russia figured out a way to home in on a camouflaged radar signal that the Patriot emits.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

As usual New York Times will always cite Ukraine's defense and put in their headlines as

"Ukraine thwarts intense attack on Capital"

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Supporters of zelensky always either or mock or laugh at Russia which isn't surprising.

and supporters of old farty spread his lies and bs, which also isn't surprising. especially when most times it's provable that the russian are lying through their teeth.

so tell me again how " the worlds 2nd ranked military" is just rolling over the world 22nd, opps i mean now rated 15th military since they been handing old farty a ass beating is going now after a years and a half.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

And Russian propagandists always laugh at and mock Zelensky.

Which you have done multiple times.

Add hypocrisy to your total lack of irony.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

sorry replied to wrong post

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Did you mean to reply to me?

I was replying to the other poster?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ah. Thought so!

No worries.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i misread who was replying to who and deleted it
again sorry bout that.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No worries at all.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

GET ON TOPIC

STOP THE BICKERING AND INSULTS !!!!

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 16-5-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: Why even bother?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Seriously? A Patriot battery consists of up to something like 11 vehicles. Damage to a TEL is still damage to the battery, but can be repaired simply by replacing it with a different TEL, or simply removing it from the firing chain. In this instance, there were something like 20 missiles, and multiple Shahed UAVs involved. ANY air defense system can be overwhelmed and damaged.

There's no such thing as a 100% capable weapons system. Add in trying to stop hypersonic weapons, and the fact that shooting down a missile doesn't mean it vaporizes in midair, and there's always a chance of damage. Those missile bodies have to land somewhere. An air defense system can usually stop an incoming missile far enough out that it's not going to damage infrastructure on the ground, but if the missile is fast enough that the intercept is closer in, there's more of a chance that it's going to continue forward farther and possibly hit something, like the battery.

Well, currently dubious if Kinzals were actually shot down , photo "evidence" submitted so far is, er, unconvincing....

twitter.com...

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No. What appears to have been hit in reality were ALL of the incoming Russian missiles. Patriots are old tech too in reality. Upgraded sure, but not really the top flight missile interceptors capable of taking out ICBM’s.

Anyway. In other news, MSM reports that Russian troops are still fleeing, Ukraine is taking ground back around Bakhmut and the leader of the Wagner group is suggesting rebellion. I mean, you know, if we’re going with MSM now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join