It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Pass Sweeping Border Security Bill Hours Before Title 42 Expires

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, atleast one party attempted to stem the looming crisis.

not that it matters one iota to the Democrats, isn't it common sense that the flow can't continue at such a high rate? It just overwhelms the infrastructure

www.newsweek.com...

House Republicans passed their proposed fix to the ongoing wave of migration at the U.S.-Mexico border, voting 219-213 along strict party lines on the day in which America faces the end to its Title 42 public health order allowing for the quick expulsion of migrants.

In a statement shared with Newsweek, Republican Congressman Tony Gonzales of Texas, whose district encompasses more than a third of the border, said he was pleased to see House Republicans come together to begin the first steps of taking action on the issue, but stressed that it is now time to focus on getting a bill through the Senate.

The House voted to pass HR 2, the Secure the Border Act.

edit on 11-5-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

So what are Those Communist Chinese Men of Military Age going to do Now to SNEAK Into the U.S. Illegally ? WE THE PEOPLE Wanna KMOW.........

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wow look those nay democrats votes, they really want to destroy the nation and take away the right to fair elections from American residents, incredible.

Who in America will vote for this invasion, yep you got it democrats.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I call BS.

It's like voting for the Jesus for America Patriotic Bill for Freedom!

Sounds good, makes a great election video, but like a nun's fart, it has no substance, just noise.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Does it do anything about the millions they've earmarked to be cut from border security in their budget. I believe I read that their budget would cut around 2500 agents.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Does it do anything about the millions they've earmarked to be cut from border security in their budget. I believe I read that their budget would cut around 2500 agents.

I'd love for you to source that.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
15,000 Hatians alone at the border of McCallen Tx, thats JUST there

This is going to be bad

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

While Gonzales ultimately chose to support the bill, the Texas Republican, who co-chairs the Congressional Hispanic Conference, almost pulled his support, saying that "at the eleventh hour, my provision to begin labeling cartels as terrorist organizations was stricken from the bill."

This should have NEVER been stricken from the freaking bill, im so sick of these UNIPARTY RINOs

Who in their right mind would do that? I dont even know anyone on the Democrats side who would say no to that

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I call BS.

It's like voting for the Jesus for America Patriotic Bill for Freedom!

Sounds good, makes a great election video, but like a nun's fart, it has no substance, just noise.

Respectfully what other options do they have, im fully aware it likely wont pass the Senate, and if it did Biden wouldn't sign it.

and yea Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico citizens ought to blame the Democrats for the cluster they just unleashed on their respective states.

Not to mention is there a more thankless and unappreciated job as a Border Patrol agent no wonder there is such a high turnover

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Republicans in congress should just quit wasting time, money and paper. They stand zero chance on any of their grandstanding getting passed.

2025 can't get here soon enough.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I want to believe you... but I guess Ill have to find a source for your whataboutism?

FWIW 5000 agents would barely make a dent in what is likely coming down the pike for the southern border

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

We're in a Constitutional crisis.

The Constitution states that the federal government takes care of immigration, legal and illegal.

States do not have that authority. If they did, California or New York could legalize every illegal coming in.

So what to do if the federal government won't and the state government can't.

We're seeing it right now.

It'll be a total societal collapse.

The anti-American left has finally destroyed our country.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

White House blasts House Freedom Caucus budget plan, claims it would hurt border security and cut CBP staff

I'll read it, but if it's coming from the white house, I'm already calling bull#.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

White House blasts House Freedom Caucus budget plan, claims it would hurt border security and cut CBP staff

Is Caucas Chair Scott Perry wrong here

Speaking to Fox News Digital on Monday, House Freedom Caucus Chair Scott Perry dismissed the White House criticism as "smear and fear."

"The president complaining about anybody's actions or success on the border is like a pyromaniac talking to people about fire prevention," he said.

"The border has seen a huge influx of people coming across starting in his administration," he said. "More people have come across this border in his two years than came across in Barack Obama's eight years combined with President Trump's four years. So it's a little rich coming from him."

Perry also said that most Border Patrol agents Republicans have spoken to said they don't need more resources: "They're willing and able to do the job. They need a president and a secretary of Homeland Security who will enforce current law."

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I will point out that we get one named agency that makes that claim. However that's it, just a claim. Guess we need to see their numbers and not trust their word on it. I mean we have been told the borders secure by this administration, so I won't trust their word on it. Otherwise why are we even having this discussion if their initial claims were true?

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No matter how this turns out at 0 hour, it is an exceptional failing from both sides of the isle. In the end, the American people will reap the consequences of this nonsense.

Big surprise.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sounds like he's confirming there will be cuts to CBP.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We're in a Constitutional crisis.

The Constitution states that the federal government takes care of immigration, legal and illegal.

States do not have that authority. If they did, California or New York could legalize every illegal coming in.

So what to do if the federal government won't and the state government can't.

We're seeing it right now.

It'll be a total societal collapse.

The anti-American left has finally destroyed our country.

It feels like it's already eroded the American border towns, where the infrastructure can't absorb it and it will slowly bleed north. I Have no doubt Georgia will get an influx, and every time we do there is a rise in crime and violence in our cities. Honestly, my business has already lost enough customers that don't want to travel to our markets cause they don't feel safe downtown anymore. This doubles our expenses as we have to work them on the road and we will never catch up from the COVID stuff.

Its gonna snowball and have far reaching effects for years if not decades.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It's the White House responding to an analysis performed by OMB.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join