It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Delivers Impressive Performance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Greetings fellow members!

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave a fiery speech on the house floor giving a scathing critique of everything currently flushing our country down the drain. His remarks and delivery are Oscar worthy, but is he right?

I'm done with political parties, and he even touched on that by saying, 'this isn't about political parties, this is about our country'.

I can agree with that.

This speech is immigration ladden but it says so much more about the dire state of our country.

I challenge anyone to take on any of his points that you AGREE is going great for the country and constructively describe how that's the case.

I want to know from those that oppose anything but their party line if this speech triggers your anger and why. I mean I get it, Republicans had the "Big Three" as well and took a nap on just about everything, but this is madness, or is it not, and again why?

edit on 5/3/2023 by EternalShadow because: to fix a boo boo

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Mcarthy sucks he is a rino.
Freedom caucus cut his nuts.
edit on 3-5-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
Mcarthy sucks he is a rino

The points he made in the speech however?

(post by EmeraldCoastFreedm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Did you not know Trump pressured the freedom caucus to vote fore Mccarthy and it didn't work,,Mccarthy has no power

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   
McCarthy does speak like a preacher in the way he gets excited and calm in the same sentence. Sad to see the masks is still a thing with those in the background.

As for what he said, seams on point. The Democrats have opened the boarder while the average American is going to pay for it.

When looking back in history and what is going on, one thing that looks to have made America strong was that it did accept people from everywhere. It gave the nation a lot of ties and links to other parts of the world. Here in Australia we have had a lot of past immigration as well, lot of good things in it. Also some issues as well as it increases too much and can bring in regional, cultural and individual conflicts. Having the infrastructure in place makes a big difference.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Did you not know Trump pressured the freedom caucus to vote fore Mccarthy and it didn't work,,Mccarthy has no power

The WORDS. I was more interested in the speech itself and the delivery. Thoughts?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Yeah he's completely establishment, a polished politician.

We simply can't hold this together under the weight of current socioeconomic/immigration policies.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Maybe you'll have something to talk about tomorrow.

Good night.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Greetings fellow members!

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave a fiery speech on the house floor giving a scathing critique of everything currently flushing our country down the drain. His remarks and delivery are Oscar worthy, but is he right?

I'm done with political parties, and he even touched on that by saying, 'this isn't about political parties, this is about our country'.

I can agree with that.

This speech is immigration ladden but it says so much more about the dire state of our country.

I challenge anyone to take on any of his points that you AGREE is going great for the country and constructively describe how that's the case.

I want to know from those that oppose anything but their party line if this speech triggers your anger and why. I mean I get it, Republicans had the "Big Three" as well and took a nap on just about everything, but this is madness, or is it not, and again why?

Sadly the person that's in power is not listening to anything this man is speaking about.

All I can say is that without a border a country is doomed and if you don't believe that then yours about as hopeless as a country without having a border protection.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Mcarthy sucks he is a rino.
Freedom caucus cut his nuts.

Before he was made speaker I was very clear telling people that he is not what many here believed him to be.
In doing so I got called a troll which is very true but not that time.
I gave plenty of warning that he was a RINO.
Well......hmmmm
Those of you that called me a troll just trying to stir the pot....now they know I was being truthful that day.
Hopefully lessons have been learned.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I don't know if it's Oscar worthy, but he centered on and highlighted some key issues reasonably well, but the problem with the republican party is not as much what is being said, it's what isn't being done.

Not once did I hear him say what the majority republican house is going to do about the issues he addressed. Talk is cheap, and the republicans are as good at rhetoric as it gets, but when are they going to do something about it?

McCarthy may be a RINO, but right now he is a perfect speaker of the house. He exemplifies what republicans do every time they are the majority.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What's interesting to me is apparently people were leaving the room while he presented his arguments. Elected officials were choosing to abandon their seats and depart the chamber without being formally dismissed. I don't know if that's a crime but certainly disgraceful as federal cohesion goes.

edit on 3-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

What's interesting to me is apparently people were leaving the room while he presented his arguments. Elected officials were choosing to abandon their seats and depart the chamber without being formally dismissed. I don't know if that's a crime but certainly disgraceful as federal cohesion goes.

That's common sometimes 😀

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Likely all democrats. It's their pet projects he was going on about.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

difference between the past and now is, it used to be people that wanted to come and be american, now its people that want to take advantage of the system to send money home while still identifying as where they came from and demanding the US conform to them.

I dont know anyone that isnt fine with legal immigration, millions crossing illegally then being flown in secret all over the country and the taxpayer picking up the bill that is what annoys people.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Talk is cheap.

What are they doing about it?

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I don't know if it's Oscar worthy, but he centered on and highlighted some key issues reasonably well, but the problem with the republican party is not as much what is being said, it's what isn't being done.

Not once did I hear him say what the majority republican house is going to do about the issues he addressed.

Very well said!

Anyone could have given an equally fiery and damning speech.

But McCarthy has the power and the duty to do something about it... and doesn't even offer any suggestions, much less promise the people (and Congress), "I'm going to do this, this, and this".

McCarthy has a job to do and it's not just talk.

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The problem here is that McCarthy can do something and it still amounts to talk. The Senate is Democrat. So he can make himself look all kinds of good by even seeming to act knowing the Senate has his back.

<<   2  3 >>

join