It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU---I ain't saying who but...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I propose a virtual toast to you. Many here, for some reason, don't seem to notice or engage with your replies. I mean your star vs post percentage isn't "bad" but it dang sure ain't reflective of what I think of your contributions. Not that stars are reflective of much by themselves I'm the first to agree. Hence this toast.

Maybe some of it is because you're often straight to your point with punchy briefs that some don't fully grasp. The way a lot of your replies are a rather brilliant comment on the whole of the topic and as such maybe goes over some heads that are tangled in minutiae and noise.

I not only see you, I appreciate the heck out of you and am always sure to read your reply if in scrolling mode but see your avatar. So here's to you!

Not that my opinion is special in any way...but I want you to know you are to me. And, shocker, we don't always agree. But I see your intellectual integrity and appreciate it's value.

At this point I should clarify there are more than a few of you on my list of yous.

Now, having said all that, the entertaining thought hits me that multiple members with dunning-kruger-effekt will see this and strongly suspect they are a you.

There are also one or two of you who will think of our interactions and rightly divine you are a toast-ee.

The funny thing is: Neither of you will know for sure.

edit on 2-2-2023 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I've always enjoyed and appreciated your posts and threads. They have always been insightful and informative.

I hope you stay around for the foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
One thing I know for sure is that I share the sentiment about many posters and that you are in fact on MY list. Before I even joined ats I found that you often hit the nail right on the head and continue to do so.

I also agree that even posters that I disagree with most of the time and I might even heckle them I still respect and enjoying their contributions. Wouldn’t be any fun yelling in a echo chamber.

edit on 2-2-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Something I have never understood is someone who post a thread and has several kind replies yet the Op does not even star the reply... Which could mean it was a drive by posting or the Op never reads the replies ? Either way "Not Nice" IMO.

It seems both of us (you and I) have cut back on our posting threads and making replies like we used to..

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Loar!’

Yeah, there is some truth to the few that are worthy of respect. And I appreciate them too!!

I sometimes forget to say “thank you” and “I love you” but it is not because I don’t mean it. I just haven’t been that environment where you can say that stuff.

It is self preservation.

Sorry.

I do love you all!!

Even if my dumb ass doesn’t always say that!!

((electronic hugs))

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm a little torn by your post.

On the one hand, I'm so vain, I probably think this post is about me. Don't I? Don't I? Don't I?

But the conspiracy theorist in me says maybe there is no particular One. Maybe you are trying to psychologically manipulate us into trying to be better members. If that's the case, first I salute you on your deviousness for the common good. Second, I resent your attempt to psychologically manipulate me.

As always, a thought provoking read.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Honestly I've never heard of

Dunning-Kruger-Effekt".

But I have heard of Delusion of grandeur.

I come here because of members like you. No I'm not fast or as intelligent on many many occasions. But after nine years here at ATS, I've become more aware of the world around me. Cognitive, Intuitive and better at Critical Thinking thanks to members like you.

edit on 3-2-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   

There are a couple of yous to me too. Great place with great minds...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Im a three time runner up for the Dunning-Kruger award.

So...so close!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No, heres to YOU!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

“You made me feel like you really saw me.”

Is this a promo for the next season?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I finally feel special and....and....and heard.
*curtsey*
lol

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Oh I'm loving this already! And look who's showing up! I may have to name some names after all. I'ma get to y'all properly tomorrow, but I just had to say thanks for stopping by and really making me smile,

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I believe in the Dunder-Mifflin effect...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

This is pretty smart.

Micheal Scott is a good example of this.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias[2] whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a certain type of task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge.

The Dunder Kruger effect.

This is some dumb shiv that nobody want's to hear that I will be talking about later.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I'm a little torn by your post.

On the one hand, I'm so vain, I probably think this post is about me. Don't I? Don't I? Don't I?

But the conspiracy theorist in me says maybe there is no particular One. Maybe you are trying to psychologically manipulate us into trying to be better members. If that's the case, first I salute you on your deviousness for the common good. Second, I resent your attempt to psychologically manipulate me.

As always, a thought provoking read.

lol 2nd

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Bigburgh

Im a three time runner up for the Dunning-Kruger award.

So...so close!

*snort*
It's 3:54am and laughing a little to hard at this.
The Barron I will be then.
Munchausen

I'm not well.

Edit: never under estimate Faith, Faith can move mountains.

Faith was a big woman.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Somehow, I manage.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

missed this...
never watched it, but I'm laughing.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Somehow, I manage.

you seem a little to confident.
You sure?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join