It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture of the church of Jesus Christ is is drawing near. How will it be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyriddler

You think there will be internet after the rapture? And further, people will seek out an ancient ATS post and go "well damn" guess I should have listened? Mmmmkay.

And Jesus nor the Angels of Heaven know the time of God's return, so how could you possibly know? Based on wars and rumors of wars? When in history has there NOT be a war somewhere???/

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

There's been people proclaiming the imminent advent of The Rapture and every other 'event' since Jesus apparently ascended up to Heaven.
Guess what?
The world's still turning, the Sun's still shining and still people are waiting.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

You think there will be internet after the rapture? And further, people will seek out an ancient ATS post and go "well damn" guess I should have listened? Mmmmkay.

Because people never spend a single second on thinking about what it actually means, the 2nd coming, or apocalypse, or Kingdom of God.
They think it will be like now just their imaginary enemies aka people with different opinions or lifestyle choices get killed and tortured for eternity.

And I mean if I may put it bluntly: never once in history was an emergency dictatorship 'fun'. That's what it is. It will mean we #ed up so hard the Boss himself has to steer ship. They somehow imagine because they say they 'love Jesus' it's okay to pray for Holocaust, or that it will set them apart from the rest of the herd.

If you look at religions and myths in a somewhat broader spectrum you'll realise very fast God doesn't feel like comfort, or joy are things necessary. You'll worship and work hard. And that is it.
He'll take away food, sex, drugs, jokes, ...everything, we'd be worse off than in the worst technocratic nightmare.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero

Sentences , as a general rule, start with a capital letter.

My free will to post in any thread I please, and express my view.

You don't want anyone posting in your thread with an opposing view, ergo you are ostracizing anyone outside your personal purview.

I've made it clear what I'm objecting to is non-Christians breaking in Christian threads to mock us, not interested in any actual debate.

( And BTW there should be commas after the first two "opens".)

okay here , ,

And yet, we went from some of the greatest civilizations to the aptly named Dark Ages.

the pagan Romans (and Greeks) were libertines with a culture built on slave labor. And the 'Dark Ages' were much more enlightened than given credit for.

And what of the indigenous peoples who had no contact with Christianity for thousands of years? Are they doomed to hell cuz they lived on a remote island and worshipped pagan gods in apparent darkness?

a fair and common question. those who haven't heard the Word, and lack sufficient information to knowingly choose or reject Jesus, will be judged case by case based on how much they understood, and what they did with such knowledge as they had. This is addressed early in the book of Romans.

I just find that Christians, and all religions really, tend to bend words to suit themselves. After all, Catholicism was only available in Latin for the longest time.....a trick used to keep people in the dark.

a lot of people outside the church bend words too. the medieval church certainly had its flaws, and we can all be glad this Latin-only error was done away with.

And this Bible you speak of, which one exactly? There have been hundreds, nay, thousands throughout the millennia. Which one is sanctioned by God? How do we know this?

THE Bible. Verified as we have found fragments thousands of years old that prove that it hasn't changed.

You can't answer those questions, so you will just say "because I know", but the truth is you don't know. You can only HOPE.

ultimately we live in faith, which is what we don't see and can't prove.
'Now abideth these three things, Faith, Hope, and Love...'

And you say you read the Bible and learn something new, so perhaps you have forgotten Sodom and Gomorrah? Or when Lot's had incestuous sex with his daughters. Or perhaps any other of many stories of maleficence and debauchery from biblical times to present, there are plenty to choose from. So your premise that todays society is somehow the worst in history is just inaccurate.

I don't think I said that. It's certainly worse than what the world has seen in many years.
(kudos for correct spellings of 'maleficence' and 'debauchery')

"back to the OP...I'm reminded of the verse in Isaiah about 'woe to those call call good evil, and evil good'. are we not seeing exactly that?
anarchists burning and looting are praised
police trying to enforce the law are vilified
the right of destroying unborn babies is celebrated
un-natural nonbinary identity is encouraged. those who criticize are viewed as narrow-minded bigots."

This is a terribly written paragraph BTW with no capitals, no commas, and incomplete or run-on sentences

let's focus on content and not pick at iotas, shall we?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because people never spend a single second on thinking about what it actually means, the 2nd coming, or apocalypse, or Kingdom of God.

well of course we do. God will allow the world one last chance to repent in this seven year period.

They think it will be like now just their imaginary enemies aka people with different opinions or lifestyle choices get killed and tortured for eternity.

Those who reject God will be judged. No one takes any joy in that.

And I mean if I may put it bluntly: never once in history was an emergency dictatorship 'fun'. That's what it is. It will mean we #ed up so hard the Boss himself has to steer ship. They somehow imagine because they say they 'love Jesus' it's okay to pray for Holocaust, or that it will set them apart from the rest of the herd.

by 'emergency dictatorship' I presume you mean the antiChrist reign, which will indeed be a brutal dictatorship. No one is looking forward to any suffering, but we do pray for God's will to be done.

If you look at religions and myths in a somewhat broader spectrum you'll realize very fast God doesn't feel like comfort, or joy are things necessary. You'll worship and work hard. And that is it.
He'll take away food, sex, drugs, jokes...everything, we'd be worse off than in the worst technocratic nightmare.

sounds more like the Iranian version of Islam than any Christianity I've seen. God wants us to be happy and blessed. And to eat well. sex is fine in the proper circumstance. and drugs kill you.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yeah, when I was growing up my parents decided it was time to go to church. That was always one of the things that never sat well with me. It never felt true to me.

But, what do I know? lol. Since then, I've seen some stuff that posts counter to that, but most always end saying no one knows for sure.

But I look at my companions, I've been with many when they passed and agaiin, I just don't buy it. Guess I'm not aligned right for the future Rapture...so I'll stay behind and do what I can for the innocent souls.

and I agree with you on the compassion and loyalty part...I've had animals that far outstripped people I know.

And that's always been part of what sat wrong for me. If God loves us and is omnipotent, onmipresent, omnicient, then he should have addressed addressed. That glaring lack seems like a contridiction to me, like a mistake a person would make with an oversight.

I do believe in Powers greater than us, but like with how myth and legend work, I'm not sure I believe in a God that is infallible and all powerful anymore and I definitely do not believe in organized religion. I didn't dislike my time in the church (protestent) or studying other religions, but it really made me pay attention to things that made no sense. And in that, is the issue, if I can't make sense of it I just don't go that direction.
edit on 21-9-2022 by Thanatos0042 because: add reply

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Hiya Peeps!!

There are 45,000 denominations of Christianity around the world. Each seeking there own path usually based on a single verse in the Bible.

How convoluted can one be, when the core message is the same.

And I know first hand, I was raised a Freewill Baptist and my grandparents were Southern Baptists. You woulda thought its was Sunni vs. Shia !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You sir, were the first to point out peoples typos, which was a childish way of trying to undermine ones reply, so please understand that I was being over-the-top to emphasize what you seem to now understand, and that is the content vs. punctuation of said persons post.

How can one possibly learn anything when what you really want is an echo chamber? I was raised by VERY religious grandparents and parents, yet I rejected their notions after I saw the utter hypocricy in the way they, and others conducted themselves.

IMO, one does not need a church, nor a religion to uphold the principles set forth by God. Would God send a man to eternal damnation because he failed to accept Jesus? Yet say this same man spent a lifetime of service to others, having lived Christian principles?

Lastly, what is THE Bible? Which one? There are hundreds. And please do not try to tell me that each translation was 100 % correct. That is a statistical impossibility.

And what of the Books NOT included at the Council of Nicea? Why pick and choose, except maybe to keep the peace?

If you are speaking og the King James version, have you read the history? It was a compromise was it not? And if so, why would you compromise Gods true word ? For the sake of placating the masses is why.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Bright lights, lots of pretty colours,and sense of warmth an joy right while dying of excruciating pain thinking how beautiful it is.

What would Jesus do? Ask to sit down, talk, and make you see the error of your through Jewish literature an Hellenistic thinking?

edit on 21-9-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You sir, were the first to point out peoples typos, which was a childish way of trying to undermine ones reply, so please understand that I was being over-the-top to emphasize what you seem to now understand, and that is the content vs. punctuation of said persons post.
How can one possibly learn anything when what you really want is an echo chamber?

I'm willing to have a civilized debate, but I'm not interested in a bunch of 'you Christians are idiots' posts.

I was raised by VERY religious grandparents and parents, yet I rejected their notions after I saw the utter hypocrisy in the way they, and others conducted themselves.

yes, there are hypocrites in the church. there's a bunch outside the church too. do you think we're all hypocrites? at least maybe some of the hypocrites are making some effort to do right.
being 'religious' is not necessarily a good thing.

IMO, one does not need a church, nor a religion to uphold the principles set forth by God. Would God send a man to eternal damnation because he failed to accept Jesus? Yet say this same man spent a lifetime of service to others, having lived Christian principles?

some of the nicest people I know hate Christianity. it disturbs me to think that they are lost. I can only pray for them and hope for God's mercy. (have you ever heard of Abou Ben Adhem?)

Lastly, what is THE Bible? Which one? There are hundreds. And please do not try to tell me that each translation was 100 % correct. That is a statistical impossibility.
And what of the Books NOT included at the Council of Nicea? Why pick and choose, except maybe to keep the peace?
If you are speaking of the King James version, have you read the history? It was a compromise was it not? And if so, why would you compromise Gods true word ? For the sake of placating the masses is why.

the differences in the major translations are minimal and do not change essential meanings. again, I do not think God would have His church in darkness for all these years.

thank you for a civilized discussion. I doubt either of us will convince the other but maybe some readers can find some enlightenment.
OP, sorry for the derail.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Some wonderful teaching in the sacred place of the Most High
which is a beautiful mindset of security and divine protection we can all attain by receiving Christ.

Also some good teaching on the rapture and how our bodies will be changed

Amen amen amen ❤💛💚🙏 thank you Abba Father!

Im listening to this sermon at work.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No worries!

I appreciate you Brother in Christ!

Thank you for being here.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Have I inferred in any post that Christians are idiots? No.

As a person raised in the Church, I think I bring a different perspective is all. I respect peoples beliefs, but I also believe many have side blinders on and refuse to question that, hey, that sounds kinda fishy.

Questioning status quo teachings is not disrespectful, IMO, Not questioning something is, again IMO.

I am not here to convince anyone about anything, just to have a conversation.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Well the ones that believe people will rise up into the clouds to meet the lord in the air canny be that smart or comprehend physics and/or how gravity functions in any sort of meaningful manner, that's a given.

edit on 21-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Its mostly American evangelical Christians that entertain the notion of rapture.

Generally the same sorts that are up for all that "dont say gay" mumbo-jumbo.

Same ones that keep on bumping their heads against the wall at school board meetings where the likes of critical race theory being taught fallacy is concerned.

Generally the same types that want creationism to be taught in the classroom.

Same ones that think Man walked with the dinosaurs and that believe fossils to be a lie.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All I hear is "where is the promise of his coming?"

Which is prophecy fulfilled

Which means redemption draws near 🙏

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Freeborn

Well the ones that believe people will rise up into the clouds to meet the lord in the air canny be that smart or comprehend physics and/or how gravity functions in any sort of meaningful manner, that's a given.

it's a miracle thing. physics schmisics.

Its mostly American evangelical Christians that entertain the notion of rapture.

no I think you'll find this to be global

Generally the same sorts that are up for all that "dont say gay" mumbo-jumbo.

you say 'mumbo jumbo', I say Biblical theology and morality.

Same ones that keep on bumping their heads against the wall at school board meetings where the likes of critical race theory being taught fallacy is concerned.

CRT is racist garbage that divides and does not enlighten.

Generally the same types that want creationism to be taught in the classroom.

shouldn't we teach both sides? evolution is far from proven.

Same ones that think Man walked with the dinosaurs and that believe fossils to be a lie.

no one is denying that fossils are real. and the Bible mentions Behemoth and Leviathan, both probly dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Cheers for proving my point ElGoobero.

I think you will find the rapture nonsense is predominantly a American evangelical affair, new testament don't even mention rapture aside from some obscure passage in Thessalonians.

As to whither you should teach both sides, possibly in an RE class, but promoting creationism as any sort of tangible fact is sheer madness.

Evolution has been proven, creationism not so much.

It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change.

As to CRT well they dont teach that in schools, possibly college, so there is that.

Plenty of religious lunatics deny what fossils are, or where/when they came from.

Man did not walk with dinosaurs and our world is more than about 6000 years old.

Im sure there is no convincing you all the same as you choose not to learn or disregard the actual facts.

Good luck with the miracle of floating into the sky and defying gravity.

Just don't be to disappointed when your rapture fails to materialize.

At lot of you are praying for the end times really down to the fact that you don't like the way the world has spun.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

My parents sent me to Church and Sunday School when i was a lad and through school until i reached secondary Thanatos0042.

Also christened a Protestant.

The way i see it, it's our job to ask questions, and any God that does exist, that has a problem with that probably is not the benevolent fellow claimed in that second testament.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have a deal for anyone who really believes the rapture will happen, the deal if you die and a rapture doesnt happen. I get everything you own!

if the raptures does happen I would be headed towards hell. so whacha say who wants to make a deal lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join