It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture of the church of Jesus Christ is is drawing near. How will it be?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The most profound I remember was in Seattle in the late 90's.

The main drag used to be full of artisans, harmless eccentrics and students from all walks of life.

One day I went up there and everyone had disappeared.

Just GONE.

The new "scene" started with art stores making room for Subway sandwich shops and community coffeehouses being sold to independant investors who offered expensive exotic cuisines and stuff.

Frequent haunts changed ownership without changing names, businesses that used to be community oriented became inhospitable and rude money grubbers with attitude problems.

I didn't know what was going on, I was like "No one gave me the memo!"

Things kept moving in a worse and worse direction, long time business owners sold shop and relocated, the whole Hill changed and I left soon after (right before the gentrification became super aggressive and housing prices went through the roof).

I had been diagnosed Schizophrenic a year or two and heard a powerful male voice tell me to "Leave" in no uncertain terms.

I had my stuff packed and headed back South to homeground within two hours.

The rest is history and I don't recognize Seattle anymore.

The rest of the shifts lasted from years to months, a lot of readjustments as if whatever was controlling things was having trouble finding a proper place for me.

Lots of voices, interrogations, tests, trials and declarations of values and ideological intents and having to justify myself and my contributions to the Greater Community within the scope of my talents and abilities.

I'm Christian, and I've found myself in a nice balance of a tolerant and traditional American Landscape again, but I tell ya, it was one hell of a journey getting here.

I still have to keep to a routine to "test the equation" everyday because I never know what environmental factors I'm going to wake up to and I have to be prepared for any eventuality or contingency depending on what's going on that day.

Good news, it's been pretty stable for a while as long as I stay to my conscripted routine and route and only go off track when expressly invited to do so with permissions.

It's complicated and hard to explain, but I can work with it.

Even Heaven has rules and regulations.

edit on 9/20/22 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edits, clarifications

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Luke 17 gives the clues about 'Rapture'.... one will be 'taken' while the person at their side will be left standing there looking at a corpse
thats the experience of two farmers wives at a grinding stone

thats Also the fates of two farmers in a field,
one is Transformed/Raptured the other remains alive in the field
(note there ain't Bankers getting 'caught-up')

...simple, uncomplicated stewards of-the-Earth get Raptured, the rest who follow-the-Beast, suffer damnation/Death

i would compare Rapture to being transformed from Analog-to-Digital bodies
edit on th30166368909620512022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

What is 'seen' by everyone at the Rapture moment ?

the Sign of the-Son-of-Man
~is that Sign a Cross or something else ? ~

edit on th30166368989320042022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

So heaven is in the cloud?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: St Udio

So heaven is in the cloud?

the Return/ Second Coming of Jesus is in the cloud... heaven remains where it is until God makes a new heaven & earth later after the 1000 year kingdom

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well cheers for sharing your experiences and thoughts on the matter any road.

As to the rules and regulations, yeh Humans need those, else anarchy prevails and survival of the fittest tend to become the colour of our day.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Absolutely my pleasure.

I can't predict the future, but hope for the best and prepare for the worst, have faith in a Merciful Creator and always remember, DON'T PANIC!

Stay true, stay strong and everything will be ok.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

The hope for the best and prepare for the worst part i certainly agree.

As to the faith in a merciful creator part, if anything of the sorts exists, and given the sheer size and scale of the universe and reality, i dont think it cares much one way or the other if im honest what we get up to.

I mean you have met this world right?

Faith and mercy are in rather short supply.
edit on 20-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh the rapture again? Cool.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Oh the rapture again? Cool.

Well I'm looking forward to it! 🔜
I'm tired of playing the waiting game though! Hopefully the whole earth just vanishes for good as well because we humans just wrecked and trashed her pretty well and who would want this dump after God, Jesus, 👹, and the rest of us are all done with this burning sinder of a planet anyways? 🔚

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: ElGoobero

Because I have the Freewill to do so.

to do what?

You trying to ostracize people based on what YOU believe is why I left religion in the first place. The closed mindedness and arrogance is appalling.

how am I ostracizing anyone? how is Christianity ostracizing anyone? Our door is open open open.

When is the last time you went to church and learned something new????

every time I go to church, every time I read some Bible, I learn something new.

And I believe in God. Religion and Christianity are a bastardization of the original idea of what God is and I view them as man-made false prophets.

many religions are undoubtedly man-made falsehoods. I refuse to believe that God would allow the children of man to live in darkness for 2000 years so I accept that Christianity, based on the Bible, is accurate.

back to the OP...I'm reminded of the verse in Isaiah about 'woe to those call call good evil, and evil good'. are we not seeing exactly that?
anarchists burning and looting are praised
police trying to enforce the law are vilified
the right of destroying unborn babies is celebrated
un-natural nonbinary identity is encouraged. those who criticize are viewed as narrow-minded bigots.

what on earth is happening to our values?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: GoShredAK

It is also just possible that it has already happened and the information has been overlooked, or covered up.

How many people "died" during the "Pandemic"?

What if it wasn't just a pandemic?

What if we are the "Left Behind"?

Isn't assuming that one is "worthy" of being saved, just another form of the "sin" of "pride"?

I just think is faith to think one is worthy to be saved.

Because that is the promise

edit on 20-9-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Rapture will be before Tribulation.

Flesh and bone do not live in heaven. So we will discard these bodies and become eternal spirits.

Does that mean we all fall dead wherever we are that moment? Our bodies, will there be corpses?

Or we fly into the sky then disappear? I'm sure bodies wont be falling out of the sky.

I always envisioned it as people disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Thank you, this is my original question......how is this going to happen in the twinkling of an eye....

Like what if a pilot is raptured mid flight?

Lot of planes falling out of the sky.....

It's the only way it makes sense......I guess we just vanish.....

Now I wonder how tptb will excuse what happened? Alien invasion?

edit on 20-9-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Like what if a pilot is raptured mid flight?

Lot of planes falling out of the sky.....

That was a scene in some mad Mormon Christian move saga called "Left Behind" about the rapture and antichrist.
edit on 20-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

It is also just possible that it has already happened and the information has been overlooked, or covered up.

How many people "died" during the "Pandemic"?

What if it wasn't just a pandemic?

What if we are the "Left Behind"?

Isn't assuming that one is "worthy" of being saved, just another form of the "sin" of "pride"?

It's more likely that it happened during Jesus's lifetime because, you know, that's what they thought, and even that seems extremely unlikely.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I am so ready for my Lord and Savior to come save me and whisp me away to heaven where I can join the heavenly ranks and serve the most high God.

Death will come soon enough.

God, I hope you don't have kids that you're teaching to give up on life by spewing this doomsday nonsense all over their hopes. I can't tell you how damaging it is for young children to grow up thinking that there won't be any future for them, so they grow up rooting for the destruction of their world.

Any kid can read the Bible and become a believer and follower of Christ.

Rooting for the destruction of the world is rooting for the destruction of the evil one...

It's a wonderful, beyond all imagination future........

My kids Love Jesus........and all I ever teach them is that he loves them back and that prayers work.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but if there is a so-called Great Tribulation, then wouldn't it have been fulfilled with the Nazi Holocaust?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

The earth is a very resilient and adaptive planet. Despite all of the damage people have done, it is still supporting an abundance of life, which is adapting to us and our ways. Things aren't as bad as everyone claims. Sure they are not perfect, but if things were really so terrible like the media are always saying, then we would know about it. As things are now, we are fine if only we wouldn't fall for the hysteria.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Our bodies will change in the blink if an eye into incorruptible eternal body....which is spirit in original form which will be able to materialize into a physical form based on its own free will.

originally posted by: Thrumbo

Rapture will be before Tribulation.

Flesh and bone do not live in heaven. So we will discard these bodies and become eternal spirits.

Does that mean we all fall dead wherever we are that moment? Our bodies, will there be corpses?

Or we fly into the sky then disappear? I'm sure bodies wont be falling out of the sky.

I always envisioned it as people disappearing in the blink of an eye.

That's the way my favorite pastor teaches it.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It will be good to have threads like this in the future for people to look back on after it has happened. I personally think the rapture will happen in 2025 from a number of sources that seem to converge then.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Sentences , as a general rule, start with a capital letter.

My free will to post in any thread I please, and express my view.

You don't want anyone posting in your thread with an opposing view, ergo you are ostracizing anyone outside your personal purview.

( And BTW there should be commas after the first two "opens".)

And yet, we went from some of the greatest civilizations to the aptly named Dark Ages. And what of the indigenous peoples who had no contact with Christianity for thousands of years? Are they doomed to hell cuz they lived on a remote island and worshipped pagan God's in apparent darkness?

I just find that Christians, and all religions really, tend to bend words to suit themselves. After all, Catholcism was only available in Latin for the longest time.....a trick used to keep people in the dark.

And this Bible you speak of, which one exactly? There have been hundreds, neigh, thousands throughout the millennia. Which one is sanctioned by God? How do we know this?

You can't answer those questions, so you will just say "because I know", but the truth is you don't know. You can only HOPE.

And you say you read the Bible and learn something new, so perhaps you have forgotten Sodom and Gomorrah? Or when Lot's had incestuous sex with his daughters. Or perhaps any other of many stories of maleficence and debauchery from biblical times to present, there are plenty to choose from. So your premise that todays society is somehow the worst in history is just inaccurate.

"back to the OP...I'm reminded of the verse in Isaiah about 'woe to those call call good evil, and evil good'. are we not seeing exactly that?
anarchists burning and looting are praised
police trying to enforce the law are vilified
the right of destroying unborn babies is celebrated
un-natural nonbinary identity is encouraged. those who criticize are viewed as narrow-minded bigots."

This is a terribly written paragraph BTW with no capitals, no commas, and incomplete or run-on sentences

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join