It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture of the church of Jesus Christ is is drawing near. How will it be?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Seems like a desperate plea for help. I hope someone can help you.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I agree, the signs are pointing in that direction.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You get abducted by 'aliens' and walk straight into the meat-goo-grinder

Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

edit on 19-9-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Rapture will be like being beamed aboard a spaceship behind a comet, Just be sure to wear purple, athletic shoes, and remove all vowels from your name.

This world's not that bad right now. One of the least blood-soaked times in history. 21st century (so far) has been following a consistent trend of "less and less death and despair".

Not like the 14th century for example. The Hundreds Year War was ended by The Black Death. I'm thinking this is one of the least biblical times actually.

See also 536 CE. "The Worst Year To Be Alive"
edit on 19-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ntech

My understanding was the Abrahamic God protects his children from curses and spells.

Not at 100%. The process works individually and collectively. You may be a good person but if you're living in Sodom and/or Gomorrah you can still be tagged by the collective punishments. Take the fears of the Salem witch trials. Suffering a witch to live was one of their great fears there because of the promise that doing so would bring curses upon them from "God" as well from the witch.

The process works because of the Mosiac Covenant of Leviticus 26. Obey the laws and worship God and you're automatically favored by God with various blessings.

BUT.

Start violating the law and committing sins then you incur the punishments of the covenant. Minor ones up to and including the destruction of the country and the people killed or enslaved.

Under Romans 11 and the olive tree parable the good Christian is "adopted" into the family tree of Israel. BUT. Then again they become a part of the Mosiac covenant. But they are insulated from the punishment side of the covenant as long as they are considered a Christian in good standing. However if you start backsliding and committing sins you run the risk of losing your protection and receiving the punishments of the old covenant.

And even if you're a good person individually you can still be hit from collective punishments being applied to the society as a whole.

Wars, famines, diseases, and other disasters could be collective punishments under the covenant. Joe Biden's presidency for instance looks like a collective punishment from God. Because one of the punishments is that those that hate you will rule over you.
edit on 20-9-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: ElGoobero

if you want to debate the rapture start a thread on it and I'll be happy to participate.

Isn't that what this thread is? I mean Rature is in the title isn't it, in a discussion forum?

its a thread for Christians to discuss Christian issues
non-Christians that just want to shade should stay out.

('Rapture' with a 'p')

I missed the "P" on purpose. You're a bit of a grammar Nazi aren't you?
I also missed the bit that says you own ATS and only believers in imaginary friends can post in certain threads?

My original post here was just meant as humour (the smiley LOL face emoji) but you guys all had a fit and started judging everybody, so you seemed to have brought it on yourselves in this thread.

A few "religious groups" all share the same nasty traits, they believe they're better than those around them.

For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

ETA. I see someone posted about Heavens gate, reading the thread also made me think your guys were very cultish in wishing for the the raPture...

edit on 20-9-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

So does he protect his children from curses and spells or not?

Because "not 100%" hardly inspires a sense of omnipotence.

Do you believe in curses and spells?

Coz far as i can establish that would make you a witch as opposed to a Christian.

Good luck with the bronze/iron age Star Wars manual aka the Bible all the same.

edit on 20-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The Rapture will happen before the tribulation. Even if you debate the scripture saying so, God does not change his nature and he says his punishment is not for the righteous. He saved Noah from his judgments through the flood, and he saved lot from Sodom and Gomorrah, and he will save his church. A great place for reference is www.raptureready.com

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pakse

God does not change his nature

Are you sure because the dude in the old testament is pretty is much diametrically opposed to the fellow portrayed in the new testament.

Aka the old testament God being all about vengeance, law, and judgment, where as the new testament fellow is more about saviour, love, and grace.

One may argue that they appear to be completely diffrent deities, certainly not exactly synonymous with one another from one volume to the next.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What happens to all my animal companions in the Rapture? Nothing says they go, no consideration is actually given in the Bible.

I've put a lot of love, time, energy, and money into them. I rescue abandoned and feral cats and kittens, have a bird and a dog. Would they all be trapped inside to die slowly of starvation/thrist?

It's all of us or nothing.

So, yeah, no thank you. My Immortal Soul is not going anyhere and is going to stay around to keep them protected and as safe as possible in a world falling into chaos.

Guess I'll have to keep sinning JUST enough to not go.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Apparently Christianity has traditionally held that animals have no hope of a place in the afterlife.

Then again Pope John Paul the 2nd said in the 90s that "animals do have souls and are as near to God as men are".

Dog is God backwards, how could he say no?

Considering the compassion and loyalty most dogs display far outstrips the average Human and then some by my guesstimation.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Pakse

God does not change his nature

Are you sure because the dude in the old testament is pretty is much diametrically opposed to the fellow portrayed in the new testament.

Aka the old testament God being all about vengeance, law, and judgment, where as the new testament fellow is more about saviour, love, and grace.

One may argue that they appear to be completely diffrent deities, certainly not exactly synonymous with one another from one volume to the next.

"Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."
...Lev 19:18 Old Testament

"And they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Matt 13:42 New Testament

this 'two different Gods' myth has been floating around for years.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

God loves us and appreciates what is important to us.
this subject is not addressed but I do not think God will abandon our animals. that would be against His nature.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well if we could simply establish that there is indeed a God, never mind two, with any sort of veracity that might be nice.

And don't get me wrong, im willing to entertain the notion of some sort of creator or creator force.

The Bible all the same is nothing more than the words of Man with all his fear and fallibility laid bare.

Same with any other organized religious texts we have created in our endeavor to control the masses and govern the way that they think.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Unconditionally no less, or so we are told.

And yet simple disagreement provokes the response of burning our souls for all eternity.

His nature seems to be somewhat chargeable depending on where and when one stands imho.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dimensional shift.

You won't even notice it happened except you find yourself dealing with a lot less assholes suddenly and start finding more interactions with like minded company.

God is pretty awesome.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

So when was the last "Dimensional shift"?

As to not being able to perceive it happening, well that's handy is it not?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've been through so many I've lost count.

It might vary from person to person.

I can only account for personal experiences and it might not translate well for the majority.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

To be honest with you GENERAL EYES i think i have found myself a few times in life trying to provoke some sort of ""dimensional shift"" down to certain situations and circumstance i happened to land.

Not had much luck in the department if im honest.

What do you mean through, like significant changes to the timeline or the like?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Because I have the Freewill to do so. You trying to ostracize people based on what YOU believe is why I left religion in the first place. The closed mindedness and arrogance is appalling.

When is the last time you went to church and learned something new????

And I believe in God. Religion and Christianity are a bastardization of the original idea of what God is and I view them as man-made false prophets.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join