It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacking a voting machine in two minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Ha Ha "You are calling me a troll"

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Your link is some old dude planing a log and talking about the world economic forum lol.

Anyway, I am experienced in cyber security and hacking. Present your evidence.

No, you are not.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Thanks for that video, so I wonder why CNN is
not a trusted enough source?

But it was ok for Obama to claim that Russia hacked
the 2016 election and that 2016 was rigged.

Obama, Clinton, they all said it.

But they are the protected class of criminals in charge.

edit on 17-8-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If it's that easy, and now everyone knows how to do it, I hope someone will sham up 900 million votes for Mickey Mouse just to show how fallible to the world these machines and this whole system is and how we have all been played.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah. They just tell you who won. Hell with you. Look at Kim!

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Since most of the western world are puppet governments ruled by The USA, the USA is then of great concern. Because it affects the rest of the world by default. I like the closeness of family nations, where there are close cultural interests. With family and business connections, but that is organic what's going on is not.

US supremacy has been waning for decades. Any country unable to adapt and move on will go down with it.

It doesn't have to be violent or radical, and it happens all through history. Just look what happened to the British Empire its fade was gradual but inevitable. Hopefully, so to with the American Empire.

There'll never be an Australian Empire less it grows up and stands on its own.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Mmmmm... crayons

I am currently in my second year of college going for a bachelor's in cyber security, I started but didn't finish a degree in programming in 2001, and I did many illegal things as an anon many years ago. Once I had children, I gave up illegal activities but kept up with the technology.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: VierEyes

Signatures can be Forged .

The problem isn't single, individual cases of vote fraud.

The problem is the ability to engage in mass fraud where and when needed. That simply can not be done with a properly executed paper election system.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The video is fake, you'd need unrestricted access to the machine in order to devise a way around the security.

Paper tallies also make this kind of hack silly, they'd find the discrepancies easily

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I remember reading the technical details on some of these voting machine hacks. It's really pretty standard stuff. (sorry, I don't quite have time to find all my sources here but most of this is just defcon and different companies vuln reports).

One type of hack worked through a usb port that was exposed for debugging/updating the machines. The software on the machine was some kind of windows 7 that did NOT have the autoplay functionality disabled. That's a big no-no, this means that what happens when you plug a stick in is 1. windows mounts the drive 2. it looks for something like autoplay.exe 3. it runs this program. From there it's just a matter of understanding privilege escalation and the specific vulnerabilities for this very old version of windows.

Another hack actually worked entirely wirelessly. Apparently the machines are provisioned for wifi at voting centers, and then open to push updates for patches and stuff. Then, the routers would sometimes be unsecured (even if a router is secured there are numerous ways in, usually the router's firmware is wide open, the encryption is outdated, or, lol, the password posted visibly right on the wall) From there they just used a tool like metasploit similar to above to find out which patches the particular voting machine OS is missing and you can slip your own code in.

Another hack, someone with physical access to the machine (offline with it's own software OS) was able to simple rip out the memory chip and replace it. This will be some simple read only memory firmware, like an eeprom or something; it wasn't even soldered to the motherboard lol.

Another funny article, they hacked the winvote in windows xp, similar ideas:
www.hackread.com...

___

I personally believe that digitial voting is possible using something called "Fully Homomorphic Encryption". This way we can have a trustless system similar to the way Ethereum works. Actually alot of crypto tech seems like it would be good for voting but I think can ultimately be tinkered with by the person in control.

With FHE, anyone would be able to see that their vote is listed publicly, in encrypted form. Only you can decrypt it, but anyone can count it as part of a dataset. So you post your encrypted vote with your public key, see your vote is there correctly with your private key, then, using a third, "cloud" key, any person would be able to tally all of the votes.

What's interesting here is that it's trust-less and it allows all the vote count volunteers to do something else like id/census verifications.
edit on 18-8-2022 by Attentionwandered because: cleaning up and clarifying

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: anonentity

Since most of the western world are puppet governments ruled by The USA, the USA is then of great concern. Because it affects the rest of the world by default. I like the closeness of family nations, where there are close cultural interests. With family and business connections, but that is organic what's going on is not.

US supremacy has been waning for decades. Any country unable to adapt and move on will go down with it.

It doesn't have to be violent or radical, and it happens all through history. Just look what happened to the British Empire its fade was gradual but inevitable. Hopefully, so to with the American Empire.

There'll never be an Australian Empire less it grows up and stands on its own.

Why are you against the US surviving? What have we done to you?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Klassified

Thanks for that video, so I wonder why CNN is
not a trusted enough source?

But it was ok for Obama to claim that Russia hacked
the 2016 election and that 2016 was rigged.

Obama, Clinton, they all said it.

But they are the protected class of criminals in charge.

Right. And this was posted to YT in 2017 when CNN was still whining Trump was an illegitimate president.
edit on 8/18/2022 by Klassified because: wrong word

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are processes set in place to ensure the coverage and 'secret ballot' nature of such voting in Australia and New Zealand, while ensuring that the counts are accurate and aren't manipulated falsely.

In these countries, voting is mandatory (you are fined if you don't vote) and each voter is checked off an electoral roll to ensure it is one person, one vote, with no exceptions. Recently, voter identifier cards, sent weeks ahead of the vote, have been sent to the registered address of each voter and these are an additional authenticator of the voters identity on polling day.

I have several times in my youth been involved in volunteer working at a polling places and there are numbers of others who have similar experience.

The counts are done in a double-blinded manner where those counting have no idea of the cumulative results. Invalidated ballots are separated out and are re-examined. The counting process is observed by representatives of all political parties in the electorate to ensure that it is done fairly.

The idea that it could be faked is based on your ignorance of the process.

edit on 18/8/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

There are processes set in place to ensure the coverage and 'secret ballot' nature of such voting in Australia and New Zealand, while ensuring that the counts are accurate and aren't manipulated falsely.

In these countries, voting is mandatory (you are fined if you don't vote) and each voter is checked off an electoral roll to ensure it is one person, one vote, with no exceptions. Recently, voter identifier cards, sent weeks ahead of the vote, have been sent to the registered address of each voter and these are an additional authenticator of the voters identity on polling day.

I have several times in my youth been involved in volunteer working at a polling places and there are numbers of others who have similar experience.

The counts are done in a double-blinded manner where those counting have no idea of the cumulative results. Invalidated ballots are separated out and are re-examined. The counting process is observed by representatives of all political parties in the electorate to ensure that it is done fairly.

Why are your comments always so predictable? I can always guess you will take the globalist/MSM/WEF stance on every single issue like clockwork. It's funny how you believe the mainstream nonsense they feed you, but i guess that's the power of mass formation.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I dont think I said I support or believe any such thing. It was an aside: a jest, a tongue-in-cheek comment...

I have worked the polls more than once...and my wife is an election official for the County.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

Why are your comments always so predictable? I can always guess you will take the globalist/MSM/WEF stance on every single issue like clockwork. It's funny how you believe the mainstream nonsense they feed you, but i guess that's the power of mass formation.

My post, that you quoted, was about local electoral procedures, and did not relate to globalism/MSM/WEF, even slightly.

You are tilting at windmills, Don Quixote de la Mancha.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join