It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan says China military drills part of plan for impending invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
news.google.com...

We should already know by now that if an 'adversary' says they are going to do it, they are absolutely going to do it. They are not feigning for whatever reason. We can stop war(all sides) but we won't...

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

As the drills were supposed to end on Sunday but have been continued and even expanded I think there's every reason to expect the worst , recent history has shown us that these kind of "military exercises" can be a pretext to an attack and it could be an opportune time for the Chinese as the West is so heavily invested in the Ukraine conflict at the moment .

Pelosi should be removed as Speaker for her reckless visit to Taiwan as a way to help defuse the situation , I know it's not that easy a thing to do but neither is fighting wars on 2 fronts.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We as a country gain very little comparatively in Ukraine as opposed to Taiwan...if we are going to back anyone it should be Taiwan. Also as much as I hate pelosi and would love to see her removed, doing so to kowtow to china would only serve to embolden them and embarrass ourselves on an international level.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We are already invested in Ukraine so that choice is made but removing Pelosi would be admitting we accept a mistake was made and action was taken to rectify that , risking the stability of Taiwan by aggregating China because of her own personal differences with China can only be gross misconduct.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

China cannot, will not invade Taiwan. Don't fall for the hype. It's not like Russia just crossing a border, relax.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So because we made a poor choice of investment we shouldn't correct that choice?

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
news.google.com...

We should already know by now that if an 'adversary' says they are going to do it, they are absolutely going to do it. They are not feigning for whatever reason. We can stop war(all sides) but we won't...

By this time next year, Pelosi will be asking what difference, at this point, does it make.

Pelosi is like Bad Luck Brian. We can call her Poor Choice Pelosi.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So because we made a poor choice of investment we shouldn't correct that choice?

No , we made the right choice responded to the situation caused by Russia invading Ukraine but Pelosi provoked the situation with China , she made the wrong choice.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who cares anymore while our focus has been on ww3 our own country is being torn apart from the inside .

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I disagree...we should have left ukraine alone from the start and never had out hands in there all those years back starting a coup. Then there would have been no invasion or any of this. We wouldn't be in this position between conflict with the other 2 super powers of the world. Taiwan on the other hand would have been a great place to be sending all those billions of dollars and all that military equipment. Hell they actually have a more proper military too which means less training.

In Taiwan the west is heavily invested in and pretty dependent on for our tech.

In Ukraine the west's only gain is a place for its elite and political class to launder money and profit off of corruption.

Seems like an easy choice to me and we made the wrong one...it should be corrected.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't believe China will attack Taiwan until China dominates and controls the world economy. By then China with 10 carrier strike groups will blockade Taiwan and strangle Taiwan into surrender. The fewer the casualties, the better.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Do you reckon China is watching the Ukraine war and thinks it could handle the domestic fallout of a Taiwanese conflict?

Everyone has towed the line for the nutty paranoid regime, making fantasy reality. Ukraine was a shock but Taiwan won't be. Given the circumstances and the attitude of the Chinese regime we should probably be arming up every democracy over there and guarantee their freedom with nuclear armaments.

That's where it's heading. Can't have 2 nations chasing hypersonics and world reaching weaponry whilst threatening neighbours mere 100's of miles away.

We practically armed the Aussies with the bomb not too long ago... Saying they'd never have access is like saying NATO would never have access

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Taiwan would be foolish to rely on other countries to protect them. If they want to get out from under China shadow, they will need nuclear deterrent.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Taiwan is difficult for America to supply than Ukraine. Ukraine has road from Poland which is enemy of Russia. Taiwan is surrounded by ocean and easy to blockade.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. China has 70 times the population of Taiwan. Comparing Russia Ukraine with China Taiwan is comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
World War 3 has already started we are living in the age of nuclear warfare. From June 2015 until now America has been softened up for civil conflict due to the racism spewed by Trump & Co. They have weakened the United States beyond anything Russia or China could manage to do on their own. All this "polarization" is simply the mask coming off as more people feel brave to express their inner feelings about various topics. Its a mind virus that will spill into full blown open warfare like we saw with Somalia in 1991-1993.

Between 2022-2026 America will experience periods of extreme civil conflict within its borders. Outside powers will see this as an opportunity to invade other countries look at Ukraine and Taiwan as examples. With the heavy fighting within the United States and paralyzing the government; Russia/China expand like crazy and this brings them in conflict with NATO nations. Once this happens WW3 is just the beginning...
edit on 10-8-2022 by Ericthescientist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I disagree...we should have left ukraine alone from the start and never had out hands in there all those years back starting a coup.

Plenty of people thought that when Germany invaded Poland , Putin has already said in his "Peter the Great" speech he wants to retrieve what he believes is Russian so it's likely Ukraine would have been the first stop in his campaign , I'm not a Hawk and I don't like wars but I see the peril of acquiescence in the face of a threat.

Standing up to rampaging dictators is the only option , our forebears did and sadly now it's our turn.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If you truely believe russia plans to invade a bunch of countries to rest or something like the old USSR borders I don't really know what to say to you. Its a pipe dream and unrealistic...I sincerely do not believe any of the such is planned.

Also your reply doesn't even really address any of the reasons I gave for why our involvement in Ukraine was a mistake and how we have much more to lose on Taiwan.

I also get that you hate putin and believe anything we can do to hurt his plans is a good thing...I just do not share that opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
According to Chinese philosophy, there can only be 1 Chinese speaking country. Since the time of Qin Shi Huang. So both China and Taiwan claim the other is legit their land.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join