It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazon jungle is man made

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

I think an anthropogenic landscape is a far cry from a terraformed forest.

The simple act of creating midden heaps, human excrement deposits, and burning of wood fuels is sufficient to be considered anthropogenic landscaping. Slash and burn agriculture probably existed for a long time before it was popularized again in the last couple centuries. It was probably more limited in application and scope, maybe even accidental.

Rainforests have previously been thought to hold tremendous diversity in the canopy, but very little in the soils. The opposite of desert landscapes where much of the biological diversity is found under the ground. Arid farming is water intensive, but the absence of frequent long exposure to water on a geological timeframe prevents things precipitating out of the soil matrix.

While interesting, this isn't exactly evidence of ancient tech. I have no doubt our history is much deeper and nuanced than modern science would lead you to believe. Belief that we are the pinnacle of achievement is merely modern narcissism paraded about as "science" with no real evidence, merely an absence of physical evidence to the contrary.
edit on 8/7/22 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I think an anthropogenic landscape is a far cry from a terraformed forest.

The simple act of creating midden heaps, human excrement deposits, and burning of wood fuels is sufficient to be considered anthropogenic landscaping. Slash and burn agriculture probably existed for a long time before it was popularized again in the last couple centuries. It was probably more limited in application and scope, maybe even accidental.

Rainforests have previously been thought to hold tremendous diversity in the canopy, but very little in the soils. The opposite of desert landscapes where much of the biological diversity is found under the ground. Arid farming is water intensive, but the absence of frequent long exposure to water on a geological timeframe prevents things precipitating out of the soil matrix.

While interesting, this isn't exactly evidence of ancient tech. I have no doubt our history is much deeper and nuanced than modern science would lead you to believe. Belief that we are the pinnacle of achievement is merely modern narcissism paraded about as "science" with no real evidence, merely an absence of physical evidence to the contrary.

You say it so much better then me but

^what he said

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: Brotherman
Interestingly enough there isn't a single record of any kind of language written in anything to support anything of these sorts of fantastic ideas.

yeah none

crickets.

How do you know?

There also isnt a single record of the Egyptians building the pyramids. Why wouldnt they record that.

Or they did and it was hidden long long ago

It is recorded.... you're just illiterate to their language. We all are... but we're getting closer with Crispr though.

Theres math equations in everything... and math is a universal language. I think within the next hundred or so years and quantum computing really begins to take off... we will learn far more things as we develop into a CIV1. But in order to get humanity there.... we will need to millions of lives taken out very quickly to boost evolution before Apothis wipes life out entirely.

Life is just God's black jack. Mankind needs to get close to 21 but without a full scale mass extinction.

Of course, add some rational thinking to these shenanigans. What would you even do if you did find evidence of other beings on earth before recorded history? With or without knowledge of a pre-recorded civilization... you can do nothing but spout more pointless subjectivity, in return, adds fuel to the fire of doing the very same thing you don't like... speculation, fanatical fangirling. Might as well go whistling dixie. Its not like you'd write a New York Times best seller...

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TreadingOnUrUglyMother

Interestingly enough there isn't a single record of any kind of language written in anything to support anything of these sorts of fantastic ideas.

yeah none

crickets.

How do you know?

There also isnt a single record of the Egyptians building the pyramids. Why wouldnt they record that.

It is recorded.... you're just illiterate to their language. We all are... but we're getting closer with Crispr though.

Theres math equations in everything... and math is a universal language. I think within the next hundred or so years and quantum computing really begins to take off... we will learn far more things as we develop into a CIV1. But in order to get humanity there.... we will need to millions of lives taken out very quickly to boost evolution before Apothis wipes life out entirely.

Life is just God's black jack. Mankind needs to get close to 21 but without a full scale mass extinction.

Of course, add some rational thinking to these shenanigans. What would you even do if you did find evidence of other beings on earth before recorded history? With or without knowledge of a pre-recorded civilization... you can do nothing but spout more pointless subjectivity, in return, adds fuel to the fire of doing the very same thing you don't like... speculation, fanatical fangirling. Might as well go whistling dixie. Its not like you'd write a New York Times best seller...

Oh nice you must be the eugenics guy, life is Gods Black Jack mankind needs to do what? rational thinking to shenanigans lol

at least your not a bot but you are sick.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

i agree, i believe, that at some point, the entire planet was a controlled garden, megalithic cities and roads connected the entire planet.

bolded part mine....
Are ley-lines the 'energetic footprints' of these ancient roads?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   
When I first learned about the special soil I too thought of this hypothesis. But if you look into more, and from the top of my head, the soil is only found in specific areas where known human activity was found. Suggesting it was used for specific agricultural means.

The Amazon is a huge cluster of complex organisms all working in near perfect harmony (if you remove the human aspect).

But, there is somewhat evidence to support the theory for example the deltas of the Nile, Tigris and euphrates, over time those deltas have expanded into lush growable land due to farming snd irrigation by humans.

I guess the same may have happened in the Amazon? I highly doubt it tho. For example finding species of old world and new world monkeys with similar evolution patterns, and a myriad of other creatures as well suggests there was a lush rain forest there long before humans arrived.

edit on 7-8-2022 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

How do you know?

Two different rounds of C14 dating done by two different groups a decade apart places all the Giza monuments firmly in the Old Kingdom.
Papyrus can only last that long under special conditions.
Turns out, the oldest papyrus in the world was serendipitously placed in the right conditions.
What does it say?
It's a record of shipping the white limestone cladding stones from Tura to Giza.
Merer's Journal

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

t has the layer of man made soil under it.

No one knows the extent of that layer of soil, man-made or otherwise.
To say that the ENTIRE Amazon jungle was man-made is moon bat hyperbole.

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Brotherman

what if they were so advanced everything was digital.

Once it went off line they lost everything. All books all pictures all info all digital.

Like where we are headed now

It's getting deeper. Soon I'll need my bull# waders.

The people that did this aren't actually ancient.
Don't you think that maybe there would be at least some evidence of this high tech only a couple hundred years later?

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: XipeTotex

i agree, i believe, that at some point, the entire planet was a controlled garden, megalithic cities and roads connected the entire planet.

bolded part mine....
Are ley-lines the 'energetic footprints' of these ancient roads?
Rainbows
Jane

Since Ley Lines are the fantasies of lazy minds, it's unlikely.

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I could have warned you a thread like this would bring the Gatekeeper out of the woodwork, but it wouldn't have been near as much fun to read.

I have believed for a long time that there was an ancient civilization on earth that was far more advanced then even we are today.

it was almost wiped completely out by the Younger Dryas event 12,000 years ago. Give or take.

Probably closer to 13,000 years, but what's a thousand years in the grand scheme of things?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This what Col. Percy Harrison Fawcett, used to argue about during his presentations, that it was more advance ancient and old civilizations within the Amazonian that people realized, and he got laughed at.

Now even some UFO supporters believe that some of this ancient and abandon cities have links to extraterrestrial beings.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If you'd all care to look there are many lidar images of the Amazon showing numerous large cities. The Amazon jungle is man made is the biggest misnomer. Any thinking idiot knows you can't have large cities in an area without the means of feeding this population. THAT is what the Amazon was. Very vast areas of productive farm land. Where that civilization went is the main problem. HENSE, civilization left and nature in the form of the jungle took over the land. That is why the amazon jungle is so verdant, not through mans work but by mans leaving the fertile area.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

the claim made has nothing, NOTHING to support it. Whats next, aliens helped terraform the amazon?
Or something else happened in nature that we don't understand?

It has the layer of man made soil under it.

Alternatively, massive forest fires could have swept through the area, and the undergrowth could have been covered in ash from the trees, which would have caused the undergrowth to smolder... creating biochar.

www.rit.edu...

Natural biochar occurs when vegetation is left to smolder in layers on the forest floor following a forest fire.

Which would explain, quite easily, how bichar is found in such a large area.

Or they knew how to do controlled burns.
edit on 7-8-2022 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

great post crayzeed

in my lifetime I've seen abandoned properties overgrown with greenery. I have no doubt nature would quickly take over man-made structures in such a warm, wet environment as South America.

I'm curious as to what kind of cities and such the Native Americans produced along the Mississippi River in pre-Columbian times. they had little stone and less metal so everything was wood and dirt. abandoned--possibly by lack of food--little remains but mounds.
the ancients in Egypt and Meso America knew what they were doing when they built with stone.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

yeah none

crickets.

How do you know?

Actually that was true until Mercer's diary was found a few years ago.

It gives a view of moving stones to Giza....for what purpose would they bring Tura limestone to a port under the control of Khufu brother?
amers.hypotheses.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

what if they were so advanced everything was digital.

Once it went off line they lost everything. All books all pictures all info all digital.

Like where we are headed now

Unfortunately the evidence we currently have shows no such civilization existed while the evidence DOES show various cultural groups in the same area left clear indications of there being there for thousands of years.

Odd isn't it.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Old topic with information

The Amazon forest is the result of an 8,000-year experiment, and other findings

It does see as there been ancient places

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

the claim made has nothing, NOTHING to support it. Whats next, aliens helped terraform the amazon?

Alternatively, massive forest fires could have swept through the area, and the undergrowth could have been covered in ash from the trees, which would have caused the undergrowth to smolder... creating biochar.

www.rit.edu...

Natural biochar occurs when vegetation is left to smolder in layers on the forest floor following a forest fire.

Which would explain, quite easily, how bichar is found in such a large area.

Or they knew how to do controlled burns.

That is one massive forest fire.. Or massive controlled burns which would take alot of communication

2.5 million square miles

Its easier to believe that than people did it?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thats what they have been saying for a long time. Yet this technology has never been recorded in the annals of history or has been replicated for its time anywhere else in the known world. It may in fact be man made but no one really knows if it was or not

Bro, just admit it already about the soil geez.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join