It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazon jungle is man made

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: XipeTotex
a reply to: just4fun

i agree, i believe, that at some point, the entire planet was a controlled garden, megalithic cities and roads connected the entire planet.

bolded part mine....
Are ley-lines the 'energetic footprints' of these ancient roads?
Rainbows
Jane

They might be, my theory is based mainly on culture and architecture. If you see those dots you can throw everything modern historians archaeologists preach out the window. The earth is a sculpture, and like Michelangelo said, "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it".

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: rounda

a reply to: Brotherman

the claim made has nothing, NOTHING to support it. Whats next, aliens helped terraform the amazon?
Or something else happened in nature that we don't understand?

It has the layer of man made soil under it.

Alternatively, massive forest fires could have swept through the area, and the undergrowth could have been covered in ash from the trees, which would have caused the undergrowth to smolder... creating biochar.

www.rit.edu...

Natural biochar occurs when vegetation is left to smolder in layers on the forest floor following a forest fire.

Which would explain, quite easily, how bichar is found in such a large area.

Or they knew how to do controlled burns.

That is one massive forest fire.. Or massive controlled burns which would take alot of communication

2.5 million square miles

Its easier to believe that than people did it?

www.jstor.org...

The evidence shows the Amazon came into existence during the Eocene now people probably modified it as they do but it already existed.
edit on 7/8/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

the claim made has nothing, NOTHING to support it. Whats next, aliens helped terraform the amazon?

Alternatively, massive forest fires could have swept through the area, and the undergrowth could have been covered in ash from the trees, which would have caused the undergrowth to smolder... creating biochar.

www.rit.edu...

Natural biochar occurs when vegetation is left to smolder in layers on the forest floor following a forest fire.

That is one massive forest fire.. Or massive controlled burns which would take alot of communication

2.5 million square miles

www.jstor.org...

The evidence shows the Amazon came into existence during the Eocene now people probably modified it as they do but it already existed.

Thank you. Only fools believe man created the Amazon.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

www.rit.edu...

2.5 million square miles

The best one can say is that they modified it like the Maya did the jungle in the Yucatan or the Egyptian to the banks of the Nile.

www.jstor.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

www.rit.edu...

2.5 million square miles

www.jstor.org...

You probably believe everything from the mainstream and the gubment. Scientist would never lie right?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You probably believe everything from the mainstream and the gubment. Scientist would never lie right?

One can also just look at the evidence - and why would anyone be interested in lying about this?

Please explain how all the government in the world came together with all the scientists and agreed that our civilization would collapse if it became known that people who lived in the Amazon modified it?

Huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Most of the Nutrients in the Amazon Rain Forrest Soil were Wind Blown as Dust Particles Across the Atlantic Ocean from the Current Location of the Sahara Desert in North Africa Over 20,000 Years Ago .

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Brotherman

Thats what they have been saying for a long time. Yet this technology has never been recorded in the annals of history or has been replicated for its time anywhere else in the known world. It may in fact be man made but no one really knows if it was or not

Bro, just admit it already about the soil geez.

Really bro? I said on the first page of this thread we knew about the soil for a long #ing time. First page homie, 1st page

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I often agree with your posts elsewhere on this forum, but wow, the OP really has hit a nerve with you on this topic, it's really blatant! Just as the OP said, there are plenty of ancient wonders around the world regarding which no writings exist, and yet there they are, standing in cyclopean glory for all to see, tens of thousands of years later in many cases.

I can't quite see why you are so vehemently opposed to the idea that the ancients could have had access to, or developed themselves, some wondrous technologies which enabled them to do amazing things - stuff that we would (& do) marvel at even today. It seems like you have a dog in this fight, rather than it being a simple refutation of an intellectual assertion. Can you explain why it has struck you so personally that the OP has raised this interesting topic?

As far as I recalll, there is indeed evidence that some of the native soil samples in the Amazon can be proved to have been - if not definitively artificial (engineered) - then at least remarkable in a 'miraculous' sort of way. The Andes mountain plateaus seem to ring a bell, but I can't quite recall where I first came across this theory. This is not new information - I came across the topic a good fifteen years ago, as far as I recall. I will have a think & try to figure out where that first crossed my reading list.

But until then, perhaps don't take it so personally? The OP's source is not the materia prima on this topic, so even if you really don't like the source, I can assure you that the theory has been around for a long time, and as I recall, with very good reason - the theory most definitely holds water, and if I can recall the source I had it from, I will include it here for reference.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I really don't take it personally. I have read things like this so many times before in the past and none of them always equate to the truth of things.

Other members talked about the 1000s of years of fires and charsoil stuff and others say it is some form of technology, other things not mentioned was what happened in the region regarding the rise and fall of the river throughout that jungle and compared against the spanish traveling into and out of.

I don't forsee an amazing technology I see that there is a type of happenstance in history here and that is not addressed because the truth isn't as profitable.

It is nothing against the OP

I have seen it all before

Yeah it is a poopy single example butt the thing is, to make the claims this is evidence and proto human great technology in my opinion is a bit far off. I am probably more like our ancestors then many because I am a basic human and really do the whole trial and error with some good guesses guiding me. I just rebuild today a clutch for a super modified 95 harley with a side car, I made alot of guesses because they don't exactly make a manual for this shi t. I can build a machine I can build a building, and I am the dumbest #ing person you will ever meet, my simplicity would insult the smartest of minds and their over engineered ideas.

I am like a badger I dig through your trash and then defend my theft..

don't worry soon I will be posting some really interesting things involving my realm into precision machining and the 2A and Why at 36 I have to go back to college. You may find me using proper gram-moar and all the nifty # you all here are not accustomed to coming from me.

Heres to life and our blessings and the curses we have to love or endure my friend

edit on bSun, 07 Aug 2022 21:35:20 -050020223109America/ChicagoSun, 07 Aug 2022 21:35:20 -050008pm8 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If the soil is made by humanity, it probably wasnt a giant project, or any miracle like that.

Probably a group the size of a village terraformed an area about 10x10 kilometers. Then each succeeding generation expanded it a few kilometers, to make room for their growing populations.

100 or 200 generations later, you have a huge swath of geographic territory in various states of terraforming.

Its not magic, and probably wasnt alien tech.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here is an example of beavers doing very much the same thing in the Northern Yukon.

wildlife.org...

No alien technology here.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Here is an example of beavers doing very much the same thing in the Northern Yukon.

wildlife.org...

Therefore the Amazon Jungle is NOT man made.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Actually believe it or not science is not based in "logic" this has been debated since the ancient Greek.

It was finally concluded between Russell and Frege at the beginning of the 20th century.

Science which is steeped in mathematics wouldn't work if it was a logic based system, hence we have the division of science and philosophy.

It's quite a revelation and a bit of reading about Frege.

Math is broken, that's why it works as a tool that helps us but nonetheless at its foundation it is broken by design.

edit on 7-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
Actually believe it or not science is not based in "logic" this has been debated since the ancient Greek.

It was finally concluded between Russell and Frege at the beginning of the 19th century.

Science which is steeped in mathematics wouldn't work if it was a logic based system, hence we have the division of science and philosophy.

It's quite a revelation and a bit of reading about Frege.

Math is broken, that's why it works as a tool that helps us but nonetheless at its foundation it is broken by design.

like not to be confused with cream freige on south park and stan cooking stuff on the pay for play cooking channel? (its so hot, oh yeah)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Only the greatest thinker since Aristotle, I mean who wouldn't want to learn about this guy.

Germany at the time was basically the seat of all western intellect... he devoted his life to trying to prove math" is" logical, but it's not that's why it keeps going, the mathematicians don't even realize this themselves it's not taught in schools...

What effectively keeps them going on and on is they are trying to fix/approach a problem in logic with math, so you see how the advances come out of this (a viscous cycle)

I can't stand when a mathematician waxes philosophical... but I think they're beginning to suspect they're being tricked into working and we reap the rewards lol.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

wildlife.org...

As a general rule, I would tend to think any feat of terraforming beavers can do, humans can also do.

But we are talking beaver level technology here. Not even stone aged. "Beaver" aged.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

wildlife.org...

As a general rule, I would tend to think any feat of terraforming beavers can do, humans can also do.

But we are talking beaver level technology here. Not even stone aged. "Beaver" aged.

Humans didn't need to terraform a whole jungle the way a beaver den has to for its own survival I actually have a long winded thing I could share about this but the short version is just as boring. I tend to believe it is a natural thing we don't quite understand yet and that somewhere down the road people realized it could be beneficial to them.

The people and for most experts only estimate city populations based on buildings and sometimes dont even use bones to back that up. where are the bodies etc In regards to beavers and dams Im a badger I know more about your trash

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Science tears logic problems and curiosities apart using math, when they find the solution or options it is philosophy (the logicians) which determines how to interpret that data and how ecan make sense of it.

it's team work actually but when you have scientists try to explain life things to you best take it with a huge grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

I wouldn't disagree with that, actually it seems to be a sound way to look at certain things. Jurrasic park comes to mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join