It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazon jungle is man made

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The south American indigenous state that they came upon their monuments and buildings from a prior people.

There are few sites like that, where later cultures took them over.
Teotihuacan is one (but we know of the culture that built it through Archaeology,) and the Aztecs occupied a few old sites (and we know the origins of those sites as well.)

But as a collective, the South American indigenous people have stated no such thing. There is ONE incident recorded by a Spanish chronicler where the Inca denied they had built Tiwanaku, and we know (again, through Archaeology) they were telling the truth.

Harte

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I believe machi Pichu can be added to that list...but Im willing to be wrong

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

I believe machi Pichu can be added to that list...but Im willing to be wrong

What having been built by someone else and the Inca took over? There MIGHT have been something smaller there at one point but the main town of MP is clearly an Inca design. Who do you feel might have been there first?
edit on 18/8/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Some dude named Jeff. So I hear.

LOL.

My problem is i am interested in too many things, and read stuff over the course of years that I don't always remember well.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Did you notice Graham Hancock mentioned this same thing in the recent podcast with Joe Rogan? the soil in the amazon is supposedly a "super soil" and has evidence that it is mad made, i found it interesting when I came across your post and realized this could be very true.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: white94rabbit

terra preta , black earth or whatever they call it
super rich mineral soil

I wonder if it also has a giant mycelial network running through it as well.

Terra preta sound an awful lot like biochar made from pyrolysis
did the ancient cultures already know about locking in carbon to the soil?
pretty cool if thats the case.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The south American indigenous state that they came upon their monuments and buildings from a prior people.

There are few sites like that, where later cultures took them over.
Teotihuacan is one (but we know of the culture that built it through Archaeology,) and the Aztecs occupied a few old sites (and we know the origins of those sites as well.)

But as a collective, the South American indigenous people have stated no such thing. There is ONE incident recorded by a Spanish chronicler where the Inca denied they had built Tiwanaku, and we know (again, through Archaeology) they were telling the truth.

Harte

People without written records often have no idea where they came from.

I'm pretty sure there were a number of plains native tribes in the USA that had horses in their creation stories. Despite the creature only having existed in the New World for a few centuries.

It's bad for morale to go around believing you're only rebuilding an older culture's work. At a minimum, a mythology about their genealogy would emerge, tying them to the older people. They might believe they were the original builders, then left, then came back. (And forgot how they had built some of the monuments.)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Well if that were true the same scientists in your source would probably have detected large amounts of rare earth met

Have a look at terra preta soils and biochar. Unique man made soils all over the amazon with large amounts of soluble and insoluble carbon.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

What having been built by someone else and the Inca took over? There MIGHT have been something smaller there at one point but the main town of MP is clearly an Inca design. Who do you feel might have been there first?

You ancestral history the world over shares the same narrative. Beings from the heavens came down.. Done there stuff and left..

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
related

Digging Deep: Investigating Manmade Black Soil of the Amazon

Terra preta sites in the Brazilian Amazon were created by pre-Columbian societies between 500 and 8,700 years ago. Most tropical rainforest soil is nutrient-poor and unsuitable for intensive agriculture, but terra preta, which is found scattered throughout the Brazilian Amazon region, is so fertile that it can still be farmed today. Growing interest among scientific researchers worldwide focuses on this soil type as a possible means of carbon sequestration and an alternative to environmentally destructive slash-and-burn agricultural techniques. Various researchers are attempting to reproduce terra preta in order to encourage sustainable tropical agriculture.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Hmmm, made me wonder about people around the world making the world greener.

unbelievable-facts.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join