It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'OPERATION HYPERBOREA' – one man's epic (insane?) quest to find the 'tablet of destinies'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Now technically, nobody will know about this except for you, dear ATS colleagues. But we all know that the forum is monitored & perhaps even populated in part by members of the intelligence agencies, so I guess if they wanted to stop me they could. I just hope they don't..! I'm posting this thread so that I can gather your thoughts regarding my planning, to ensure my kit list is not missing anything vital, and to explain my exact reasons for doing this. Along the way, I will comment regarding the infamous Byrd expeditions & the political/secrecy agenda implications & outworking of the information he gained from those trips (because of course, he did more than one).

So first, my reasons for doing this. You may be surprised to learn that I have a significant physical disability - though with the right planning, there should be no reason I can't get fulfil the mission - having said that, it will set a new record for endurance with a known neurological disorder causing constant, frequently severe pain. I have something called central pain syndrome, affecting my whole body, which basically means that every nerve in my body (with the exception of the internal organs) is engaged in a conspiracy to torment me, day & night, at all times - principally & worst is the neuropathic pain in my spine & limbs, but also I have severe arthralgic pain (in the hips & shoulders), and somewhat less severe fibromyalgic pain, affecting all areas variably at different times (neuropathic = nerves, arthralgic = joints, fibromyalgic = muscles). I also experience widespread swathes of paraesthesia & dysaesthesia, plus nociceptive & myoclonic spasms, sudden attacks of joint subluxation in my spine, shoulders & hips, due to lack of strength in the connective tissues (due to lack of exercise) & the attendant lightning bolts of hyperalgesia when those joints shift (Google those). I'm on a raft of medications including anti-epileptics, tricyclics & several different strong opiates. The condition thankfully doesn't compromise me too much in terms of ability to carry out physical activity in a pinch, if I really need to I can do many ordinary tasks & could (for example) run into a burning building to rescue a kid (I have actually been needed to perform the heimlich maneuver on young children not once but twice in the past ten years - both times I was the only person around who knew how to do it and the children were safely delivered from peril... I thank God whenever I remember). However, the problem comes in that there is a huge flare-up of pain symptoms after even very limited physical activity (such as unloading/ loading the dishwasher) - after doing such a task, I would need to take certain opiates & rest for at least an hour for it to dissipate. If I were to drive a two hour trip, and the return leg of the journey on the same day, even in my automatic car, it would take heroic doses of opiates & approximately eight hours of bed rest to recover. I have an extremely high tolerance to opiates because of having needed to use them for over fifteen years. I basically manage my condition & avoid overdosing on these medications by avoidance of physical activity, even driving, as much as possible. Furthermore (it gets worse) with regards to sitting in a regular chair, or walking – either of these most basic of human activities, were they to be conducted for more than ten minutes at a time will inexorably lead to worse & worse flare-ups. As a result I am forced to live in a constant shuttle between bed rest, and small pockets of very well scheduled activities (which have to be calculated carefully in advance, so I can know how to pace myself with the medications, with bed-rest availability, etc). At family visits everyone knows that after an hour of pleasantries, I will need to crash in their spare room for a couple of hours.

Now when you take all of the above into account, you will understand why I have spent the last ten years mostly in the bedroom of my small rented terraced house, watching the world go about its business while I stare at the four walls. Now of course, I have developed strategies for coping with this. It principally involves reading lots of obscure books, watching tonnes of Netflix & Amazon Prime, surfing the web, spending time on ATS, reading scripture & spending time in prayer/meditative reflection, with occasional visits to our wonderful church when I'm up to it (which currently is about once a month). We visit family for an afternoon about twice a month. And that's it! So part of the reason for doing this is because I have wanted to break out of the epic rut I find myself in, having literally withdrawn from the world, on purpose, consistently, completely (losing all friends - because people felt horribly awkward knowing that I never had any good news to share, everything was just dragging on, getting worse not better) over the course of fifteen years, getting much more severe over the past nine years, after my condition degenerated significantly, putting me in hospital for nine weeks (at which time I received my diagnosis). I had become bitter over a part of the past ten years - not much at a surface level, I was able to remain fairly upbeat most of the time, the bitterness was barely perceptible, but under the surface I was sobbing at the tragedy & unfairness of losing everything I had once hoped for. In the past few years there have been cracks in that depressive inner facade, and light has begun to enter more fully into my mind & heart, particularly with regards to the potential to set up a business which I can run from home, very flexible part time hours, doing something I'm passionate about.

Another key facet of the reason I feel it is necessary for me to undertake this voyage, is more mystical & self-actualising, and I base this upon what have been several very, very, very vivid dreams over the past fifteen years which have been prophetic in many instances, both in terms of my own life & in the life of the nation/world at large in a couple of verifiable instances. These spiritually-inspired dreams have often shown aspects of my life along a timeline, with major occulted details being revealed which led me to philosophical catharsis, acceptance of reality, and forgiveness of family, friends & the state, where certain events had previously caused deep & enduring trauma. These hidden facets of identity, history & possible future paths had been hidden from me by certain key members of my family, and those around & about my life circumstances – for understandable reasons, yet hidden & stress-inducing at the same time. All of this culminated in dreams scripted to show me that for whatever reason, it is NECESSARY for me to make this voyage. I can't comment on the nature of those dreams, because they are entirely personal, cannot be easily explained, the content of them being intended to be part of a secret accord of sorts.

Continued..

edit on JulyThursday2217CDT12America/Chicago-050008 by FlyInTheOintment because: Altered the wording of text regarding my medical condition, as it was a bit clunky & certain words had been left to accidentally repeat..

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This world is going to Hell in a handbasket. I believe there is a coordinated coup taking place, along with a depopulation effort which is calculated to unfold very slowly, so that it is not perceived by the majority of the world's populace until it is too late, until the effects of the 'vaccines' cannot be stopped (NB – I refer to the new boosters which were trialled in a few seeded 'hot batches', hidden amongst the many placebos that were distributed in the hundreds of millions of doses during phase one of their rollout). The time is coming when suddenly, everyone will see what these traitorous, evil bastards are doing - but only a remnant will survive, to be enslaved in a NWO (the now open secret 'Liberal World Order'). This will be a one world global superstate, a federated union of traitors-in-chief, who will use a communist-style social credit system to ruthlessly shape the exact type of society they want for their selfish ends. Again, as that system is being emplaced (they are rolling out trials in nations such as Italy), I believe even yet it would be a relatively slow rollout of the most severe oppression, so that the frog in the pot (the population of the entire world) doesn't realise that the temperature is heating to a deadly degree, and that soon enough their demise or enslavement will be totally effected.

I believe that they can be stopped - they are a fascist/communist synergy of authoritarian elitists, a fifth column of so-called 'new wave' thought, who believe that they, the insidious, feckless, ruthless Satanic bastards, have the right to rule the world, and that humanity at large is a stupid, reckless, dangerous beast to be constrained & exterminated - leading to a 'manageable' population density. They have opted for this, rather than taking the ethical route of the benevolent king who shepherds his people into a higher mode of living. Part of me believes that there is something incredible, something hidden, occulted from the eyes of all people for a very long time, something barely understood, mysterious, wonderful even, awaiting us at my destination, something that perhaps could help us, to fight back effectively, in a real & meaningful manner against these tyrants, to help us overcome the fallen nature of this world & all its perils, to help us learn & develop our civilisation in a positive manner, under divine authority, according to standards of justice, mercy & humility.

So how would I get to the North Pole, alone? Well, it won't be easy, and the risks will be enormous – but it is rather straightforward.

Firstly, I will purchase a boat. I have my eye on a RIB fast motor boat, top speed 48mph according to the proper maritime calculations. It's five metres long, steel hulled, reinforced tubes, rated for ten people (easy to carry lots of supplies), GPS, fishfinder & radio built-in, 100 litre fuel tank under the deck, a Honda motor, bilge pump, plenty of loop connections on the tubes & a driver's high seat/ windscreen – all of which will provide an excellent view & enable me to adapt a tarpaulin with paracord & karabiners as a roof to protect from the worst of the weather & ordinary ocean spray at the rear of the boat.

I have worked out that I would need to set off from Northern Norway to ensure the shortest possible distance to cover, which will be 1,408 miles exactly. Going full speed for 29 hours straight will get me there on around 65 litres of fuel, based on consumption of 0.5 gallons or 2.27 litres per hour. Of course, it will take longer than that, and will likely use up more fuel than that due to the effect of currents & inclement weather. I reasoned I should take an extra 150 litres of fuel to be on the safe side in terms of getting there & back again, and that will pack neatly into the spaces between seating positions. Halfway between Tromso, Norway, and my destination, is the Isle of Svalbard, which does have a permanent human settlement of a few thousand souls. If I'm underway & realise I can't continue, I will aim for the Svalbard township of Longyearben. In actual fact I will have to aim to skirt along its Western coastline (at quite some distance out) In order to avoid Russian waters, the very last place I want to accidentally end up. I will be aiming for the 'straits' between Greenland & Svalbard, though I will of course be running only some 30 miles offshore of Svalbard, a great long way from Greenland.

In order to get my boat & supplies to Norway, I would stow them with my car on a particular cargo ferry which travels fortnightly from Northern England, and then meet them in Norway off a simple passenger flight, 'on holiday'. I would drive North, eventually setting off from somewhere near to Tromso, the largest city in Northern Norway, under cover of darkness at low speed. Travelling in a RIB fast motor boat, with a small outboard motor, means I should hopefully pass unnoticed. Of course, I will have to inconvenience people by sending out an SOS if I get into difficulties, which almost certainly will be picked up & responded to, though I sincerely hope to avoid causing such a hassle to hard-working military folk, and the associated costs to their government. I intend to make this trip into a documentary, so that even if I am unsuccessful, ultimately I can produce something of interest, inspiration & relevance for the world to view. Unless I get censored, which, in light of where I'm heading, is a distinct possibility, at least in part.

I will be travelling next summer to avoid the pack ice, and to reduce my time on foot to a minimum, as that really will take it out of me. On that front, I also need a year to save up medications for the journey, in case I end up stuck there for any length of time. In a year, by disciplined 'hard routine' (taking less than I need to be as comfortable as possible) I will have enough tablets to be fully stocked for 52 days of double doses, which should be more than enough to get me through what I expect will actually take less than four weeks' round trip. I will, of course, have emergency rations with me, in the event I need to survive for longer than my four weeks of full menu dehydrated food pouches will last. I will carry water for cooking & drinking, and as with the fuel, I should be able to pack plenty of 20 litre collapsible water bottles into the boat, again bearing in mind that it's rated for ten people, so I could carry enough (@ 2 litre per day consumption, including the moisture in the food) for the same 52 days I expect as my longest foreseeable journey. If there were any major problems which had me stranded waiting for rescue, I would ration water carefully & thereby extend my survival by months, if necessary. I stress that it shouldn't be necessary, because I will have a portable backup radio & GPS, with solar panels & a generator stored in dry bags at my side, hence I should be able to call for rescue if the worst should happen. I would of course be carrying an emergency inflatable survival raft with a tent canopy & rescue beacon. The rest of my gear wouldn't fill up the boat to the ten person rated carriage capacity - there wouldn't be much beyond a rucksack & six or seven dry bags.

Continued..

edit on JulyThursday2217CDT11America/Chicago-050050 by FlyInTheOintment because: corrected minor error

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would be travelling with a thermal wetsuit under my warm gear, in case I were to go overboard, and of course there'd be a dry bag at hand with emergency replacement warm gear. On the matter of it being 'cold' in the Arctic, there are many, many accounts which suggest that even at very high latitudes, the weather can be surprisingly mild, if one is travelling in the summer months. Unlike the Antarctic, which is barren & frigid all year round, no exceptions. Conversely even according to mainstream accounts, the Arctic has flowering plants, shrubs & grasses, which support a range of fauna that could conceivably be hunted for food – not to mention the flora themselves are often good for food. I would be taking a crossbow with me for the purpose of hunting small game (polar bear meat is too tough!) At the very far North, there are those remarkable legends noted previously, that it actually stops being cold, and instead becomes pleasantly warm – these legends are connected with the Hollow Earth theory. It is important to note that the tales of unusually warm land areas, freshwater rivers & abundant flora/ fauna beyond a certain latitude, all seem to hail from Norwegian fishermen, based on journeys they made in the age before technological & political developments meant that most fishing vessels could no longer travel that far north without being turned back by military interceptor patrols. I will be fascinated to discover if this is indeed the case, but I will be prepared for bad weather – hoping that setting off from Norway stands me in good stead for finding a route to the inner regions of Hyperborea!

In terms of gear, as a few examples, I've selected a very suitable 2 man tent designed for cold weather by a Scandinavian company, I will have micro-packing four season sleeping bags (x 2) & spare woollen blankets for emergency use - which will hopefully compress well into vacuum sealing bags (x 2).. I will be carrying a fire kit with tinder & a small amount of kindling but only enough wood for a 'feel good' fire on landing in Hyperborea – I expect there to be sources of fuel in the form of shrubs & animal waste. If there are not enough sources of fuel for fire, I will keep warm as needed by using the stove & gas canisters within the tent in emergencies, though sheer insulation & keeping well-fed should ensure I don't need to, except in the most inclement storm conditions.

This is my kit list at the initial stages of planning – by all means, please share ideas for things to incorporate or eliminate, I will take serious suggestions seriously. Bear in mind that I had the idea for the expedition only last night, and therefore much planning & refinement will be required. I also have a year to save my medications & get into better shape. I actually gave up sugar & processed carbs around eight weeks ago, and I've lost over a stone in weight already, without any exercise. If I work hard, within my limitations, I believe I can get in good enough shape to cope with the mission in the space of a year, despite the enormous challenges posed by my condition.

I should mention here that I've been a dedicated fan of survivalism for twenty years, and as a kid (before everything went off-piste in my personal life) I was recommended for a career as a Royal Marines Officer. I later found out I was pre-approved for Army Intellgence work with our Armed Forces Reserves, but my physical health let me down.

Highfield Patrol 500 - Plus trailer
Radio & GPS - Built-in electronics on boat
Backup radio - Already own.
Backup GPS - Not yet selected.
Mini Generator - Selected. 240Wh, 200W output (400W peak) plus USB-C, DC
Solar Panel Array - Selected. 120 Watts Foldable
Life Raft - Selected. £3k, 1.1m x 65cm x 60cm canister, 84kg. 8 man rated.
Collapsible sled - Not yet selected.
Food carried - Selected.
Water (20l x 6) - Selected.
Fuel Cans (20l x 8) - Selected
Coffee - Selected.
Powdered milk - Selected.
Sweets - Selected.
Protein/energy bars - Selected.
Medications - 52 days double doses, stored in small drybag on person at all times.
Thermal jackets - Selected. Patagonia Macro puff jacket, Wintergreen anorak.
Thermal clothing - Yet to be selected.
Socks x 4 - Yet to be selected.
Gloves & Hat x 2 - Yet to be selected.
Wetsuit - Selected.
Suitable Boots - Waterproof, calves height, Ribelle Tech 2 mountaineering boots.
Walking poles - Selected
Tent - Selected.
Blankets x 2 - Yet to be selected. Woollen, plus silver for emergency/ signalling.
Towels to dry off - Yet to be selected.
Canvas/Tarpaulin - Selected. Reinforced, silvered on one side.
Rope - Already own.
Paracord - Already own.
Karabiners x 20 - Selected.
Sleeping bag - Selected.
Mattresss (inflatable) - Selected
Cushions (inflatable) - Selected.
Stove & gas cans - Selected. 48 gas canisters to be carried.
First aid kit - Selected.

including:

Israeli bandage x 4
Quick clot x 4
Tourniquet x 2
Shears
Rolled splint x 2
Compressed gauze x 4
Sterile wipes & gloves
Standard bandages x 4
Sling
Blue elasticated grip bandage x 4

Torch, 15,000 lumen - Selected. 180 metres range spotlight
Lantern - Yet to be selected.
Compass x 2 - Already own, high quality.
Axe - Selected.
Knife - Already own.
Crossbow - Already own.
Snare wire - Yet to be selected.
Hooks/line/weights - Already own.
Biltong for bait - Yet to be selected.
Flares - Selected
Signalling mirror - Already own
Whistle - Selected
Monocular - Already own.
Fire Kit - Already own.
Tinder & Kindling - Already own.
Paperback Books x 2 - Selected.
Camera - Already own, high quality Nikon.
Batteries x multiple - Several types needed.
Kit Bags x 8 - 120 litre waterproof rucksack, seven 60litre drybags

Very rough estimate of cost = £50,000 total (£33,000 boat)

As a conclusion to this OP, I have decided to undertake this expedition for reasons which I cannot at this time share publicly, beyond what I have already alluded to. However, I am determined that this will be a successful mission to accomplish something truly life changing, potentially with further benefits beyond the remit of this post. In my preparations over the course of the year, I will be researching ocean currents, weather reports, solar & celestial navigation & dead reckoning (etc), as well as Norwegian language, driving rules/road signs, Arctic climate info, flora & fauna, the use of radio & GPS technologies, the locations & types of military patrols & all associated legislation. If my only other alternative is to stare at four walls all day & watch mindless nonsense on streaming services – why not? NB - I fully expect it to be illegal to cross a certain latitude – only time will tell if I will decide to do so, or if I play it 'safe' & disembark at Svalbard. The one thing I am certain of, is that I do NOT want this to end up being nothing more than an incredibly expensive way to commit suicide. I am in no way suicidal, and would take every reasonable precaution to ensure that this return journey is a success.

I will be cautiously approaching a few extreme/ weird/ wild nature documentary production firms to engage in secret talks to sell the footage & finance the journey – if I can get away with it!

Carpe Diem ATS. “Go big or go home” (and stare at four walls for another five years).

edit on JulyThursday2217CDT11America/Chicago-050059 by FlyInTheOintment because: corrected omission on kit list

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

You'd need an able bodied assistant, preferably a medic or a mechanic or both.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please let me be the first to say "DO NOT DO THIS". Without joking you seem to have been reading too many adventure books, the world is not like them.

For a start an RIB is an inshore craft or short boat to boat transport. They are not used for open ocean travel. Even in summer the cold will kill you. You physically/ or the boat can't carry enough for your survival. As for a documentary, ALL and I mean all that you see come with the BS that they are alone but behind the scenes are dozens of support and technical teams. As for not eating Polar bear because it's tough. I'll let you into a little secret your pitiful crossbow WILL NOT stop a Polar bear and it will EAT YOU. I don't care about your religious belief that you can do this, but even if you had a pantheon of gods behind you it will not end good.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I missed the part about WHY you need to go to the north pole.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
He's trying to find Hyperborea.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yeah no offense FITO but this does have a Christopher McCandles vibe going on.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I missed the part about WHY you need to go to the north pole.

How else you going to get into the hollow flat earth?

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don’t listen to the naysayers.

You only live once.

Please do a boomerang on tic toc of your entire experience.

🛸🌩❄️☃️

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My first thought: Consider a non-open boat with a reliable inboard engine. If your tarp rips or falls off, you're hosed. If your outboard fails, you're hosed. If you MUST use an outboard "motor," take a spare. I would NEVER consider heading into the open ocean, let alone the Arctic ocean, in an open boat.

A second thought: Be careful to find out if the authorities in Longyearben will allow you to proceed north - very important. For that matter, find out if you will be allowed to put out to sea from Tromso.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good luck.
Go for walks and each week Slowly add more wait to a back pack.

Rechargeable Batteries for your things and a way to recharge them from solar and gen.
compus, small knife.
learn how to use the stars!

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I admire the adventure spirit , but please dont play with the sea and North, specially with 5 meter boat .

You could just fly to Svalbard and rent a nice fishing trawler with skipper, who knows the sea there.

You would save a lot money also .

People should respect sea, and certain fear also can be healthy. With North it`s bit same .

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Have you thought about what if your boat tips over?
Are you a good swimmer in cold water and do you have any rafts?

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Can I have your stuff ?

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Try testing batteries and lamps in comparable conditions by seeing how long they last in your freezer. Learning what outside temperature is required for your water to freeze in the containers you plan on carrying etc. Check your PM.s Good luck!
ATA

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Okay, so racing over in summer waters in a RIB isn't going to cut it. Understood. As you can tell I have no experience in maritime pursuits. But I'm damn well determined to do this, somehow. I like the idea of enlisting the help of a fishing boat captain in Svalbard. The money saved on a RIB could come in handy, and with a bit of forethought it should be possible to bring into country or rustle up the bare minimum of critical supplies somehow without attracting the wrong sort of attention.

As I say, this concept only crystallised last night, I don't yet know how the logistics will work out. I might be able to entreat the support of some allies somewhere.

Hold that thought, I'll be back (at some point, not necessarily quickly) with better plans.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Um yeah no, I mean hell no. I mean I'm in the same car with crayzeed.

Yea yea hey you don't want to do this heffe'.

So how would I get to the North Pole, alone? Well, it won't be easy, and the risks will be enormous – but it is rather straightforward.

Yeah see obviously we all know that. So not much worry there for
you about us hoof'n it to the GD NP. And where does that leave us
with you? I know why don't you settle for Narnia instead? Or that
place you can go to and never leave your closet what's it called"

That place where the white bitch lives?

Oh that's it The White Castle!

Never mind hey what's your mothers phone number?

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I do not believe in the mythology's that have been attached to the legend of Hyperborea any more than I do of the legendary emerald tablets of Hermes Trimegistus.

But that is not to say that the legend of the lost civilization is not based on reality because it may very well have actually been so.

We know for example that other once thought mythical civilizations mentioned by the Ancient Greek's actually existed such as Troy and the civilization of King Midas which was once ahead of the ancient Greek's in architecture and for the time very wealthy.

But I do genuinely believe it is NOT at the north pole though there are legends such as a Noah type figure mentioned in Persian mythology whom built an underground sanctuary to escape a great cold then headed south when summer came after the cataclysm ended the once paradise like place he had lived with his people and animals after the ice had destroyed it.

But look to Eurasia and perhaps Siberia NOT the north pole which is actually a frozen ocean not a land.

Now there are some places that are far north that are NOT Hyperborea but show that micro climates can exist and perhaps such a micro climate also could have existed in part of Siberia AND there is also the potential that there was a climate change and it existed during a warm period that ended but once again not at the North pole, the Arctic Ocean is just that an Ocean, almost a crater in shape.

Not Hyperborea but interesting and dangerous (people have also seen giant animals in the region including claims of a bear far bigger than a Kodiak bear and if I recall this valley has hot springs?.

And in Siberia there may be a mystery as well.

And then remember the story of Shambhala?.
(I think this one is probably made up BUT those grey's, no cloths, big eyes, small stature and big heads as if a race of once human like being moved underground and adapted to a controlled environment and less light possibly dim artificial lighting or someone engineered a race of biological androids for just such a purpose?).

But another video going over some of the same thing's.

edit on 28-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Your certainly going about it the long way. Its only 190 miles from Russia. Go Putin lol lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join