It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California makes history...twice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Stop paying your taxes, when they ask why say because your an illegal and thats your foodstamp and healthcare money.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Very christine of them to feed the hungry like that. Jesus would be proud.

I'm not joking.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

originally posted by: network dude

sure, why not. Perhaps give them all a nice house in the Hollywood Hills? But be sure to spit on the homeless vets on your way to the bank.

Dude, c'mon, really?

I used to live in the hollywood hills and everyone knows that you only spit on the homeless vets when you go downtown.

local knowledge is king. My bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What is the point? Most of California's taxes come from corporations. They can do what they want with their tax money, states rights, right?

see, this seems to be where the disconnect is. YES, they have every right to do that, and more. (this is where we seem to have the issue) WE have every right to say, "that ignorant because......"

If the homeless vets are all squared away, and there is nobody left to help, then sure, pile your excess money on the illegals. They will all want to be in Cali, and it would be a win for everyone. But that isn't the case, so you may see some folks exercise their first amendment rights. But did that excess money come from your state, or the Fed? Freedom is universal.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yet you choose to live under the protection and prosperity provided by such a military Insitution. Your job, housing opportunities and pursuit of happiness wouldnt exist if not for that protection. That’s why those illegal immigrants want to exist here in America and not where they came from. Funny how they want shelter by americas military and the prosperity it affords- and you don’t want to pay your fair share for their, and your own protection? What mental gymnastics! Or perhaps smooth brained?

originally posted by: RegularJo76
I don't want my taxes going to an overinflated and corrupt military institution.

I guess we all have to pay for things we don't like with our taxes. Get used to it I guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd imagine since California is situated on the west coast, and links to Mexico, for shipping purposes, and their top industry is agriculture getting federal aid isn't an issue in my books. What's good for California is good for America, sort of like how all the former auto industry states got massive government funding as well, "what's good for GM is good for America", remember that slogan?

Where I live during the summer it's teeming with migrant workers, I'd imagine California is the same, and adds to the issue of illegals flooding in.
Priorities must be set I guess, take care of citizens first obviously, vets and such and then allocate for others. Which I imagine is happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
LOL they already have a state debt of between 300-400 BILLION. They never plan to pay any of it back, as you can see by increased spending.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What's the malfunction with these Democrats?

Stupid?
Ignorant?
Greedy?
Purposely trying to damage states?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
I feel for the taxpayers and homeless vets. Mostly for the homeless vets. Im so sick of vets getting the shaft. If you tallied up the money spent in Ukraine and for illegal immigrants you would probably have enough to end homelessness in the US.

Politicians just don’t give a fk anymore. Stop voting these thief’s in office!

if you tally up all the money spent on all wars globally , we could end world hunger, many diseases , and feed everyone ten times over and probably put the entire planet through university and still have change for all the science research and international science projects we'd collectively work together on.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Yeah, our military killing women and children overseas every day is putting a roof over my head.

Sure bud, keep believing that lie, it only enables the globalists and their agenda. 🙄

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good, maybe that will draw away all the economic migrants trying to get into Texas. Conversly, Americans fed up with this abuse by state governement will simply move away from the state, thus bringing financial ruin.

*shrugs* Meh, oh well.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes, there are Veteran Resources in California, however.....

According to this senate source, there are at least 163,000 homeless citizens, of which a whopping 46,000 are veterans.

I feel for the illegal aliens who would love to move (or already have moved) to California to be completely cared for. I really do. I can't imagine what it is like to be born into abject poverty with little hope of change.

Still, I believe our complete and absolute focus should be on (1) providing for veterans. They have already paid their dues several times over. We owe them care, complete care and support. (2) Domestic homeless. Again, there are programs, but they fall well short of significant change. (3) People who illegally immigrate to the United States should be deported, and efforts to repel illegal immigration should be increased.

A fuzzy world in which we all are healthy and well-fed and productive is a lovely dream. We aren't, imo, going to achieve that utopian dream by disatvantaging the citizens of the U.S. who are already struggling.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It saddens me such a beautiful state is ruined. California is a massive target why? Because in the 1960s it was on the top 3 world's largest economy list ALL BY ITSELF. You idiots voted these a-holes in and slowly ruined it and then we have engineered drought (engineered at many levels) mainly the 'garbage' Pacific High that shunts the rainfall away.

1 Pacific Redwood shows all the moisture that could've saved Calif from the drought many times over but the moisture hits this invisible wall (of metallic crap) that evaporates it by the time it got thru and they beam crap to kill low pressures/cold fronts.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You mean Government Motors. LOL. Ford was the only one that didn't take the bailout actually and didn't go out of business because when everybody else expanded they did the opposite. They actually kept their existing Ford stores and even closed some ones down that didn't make any money when they first expanded in the 80s. They kept tight control over their stores and didn't party when others did. All the employees at most Ford places I've seen generally are happy and low turnover rates. They don't pester you or anything and just let you be you.

They still make big cars that the left hate while every one else tried to go the tiny Obama car route.
Though I wish they'd bring mini vans back. I'm willing to wager the 'Cash for Clunker' cars all went to Europe as at the same time 'mini vans' started to take shape there while we killed ours. I'm thinking they got our old ones people threw away believing the agenda.

We miss our old Windstar. It was our best car and we held on to it as long as we could literally till they couldn't get replacement parts. I was tempted several times to get one used but we know where the true milage lies.
hey don't do well past a certain limit and most are from back east where conditions are worst then here with snow/grime,etc and likely worn down so you could have one but doesn't guarantee it will last long if you don't mind it as a secondary car and not your primary one if you have money to throw.

edit on 2-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Mini vans being more popular again in Europe

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

How come on forums all you get is 'Eqqqqqqquaaaaaaaaaaaaal caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare' and they don't look beyond that. They will try to go all thesaurus wordy on you in places like City Data forums and usually wind up in the same whipping post circular argument threads.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Jealous? Why would I be jealous. They have a budget surplus, they are an example for other states to follow.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

The saying was a figure of speech referring to a big wig in GM back in ww2, who was saying that country and business are synonymous one needs the other to thrive.

As is like California has a huge agricultural sector, and controls a lot of ports of entry and such. It's in California's best interest and the countries best interest to help each other out ... you need food, and you need shipping and such for trade.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus
Pure common sense, Argentus, but none of that is going to happen because the democrats hate America. They have declared war on this country's citizens.

Some democrats in Arizona are staging an event called "F**k the 4th" this year. SMH

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am extremely glad I'm not in any city which plansto host a "# the 4th" celebration. I am fairly certain I would behave badly in such an environment. As it turns out, I feel profoundly patriotic this year, but I don't feel like this government should be hosting any 'Independence Day" celebrations. I think this current government is an abject failure, and the antithesis of the moral precepts of the Constitution. I think it would be appropriate if the fireworks this year were fired from the air into the ground. That would be properly symbolic, imvho.

Of course, I am old, so there's that.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Very christine of them to feed the hungry like that. Jesus would be proud.

I'm not joking.

Of who? Who is doing the work? It isn't any of the people and Caesar doesn't qualify as charity. Jesus has no one to be proud of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join