It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California makes history...twice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Klassified

It's all downhill from here.

Look at how great Nancy Pelosi has been doing for her San Francisco constituents! Yet these people keep getting re-elected SMH

Maybe people should question how they keep getting re-elected (?). Is one elected if the fix has been in for, who knows how long...

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Add to the both free medical and food stamps and you can support yourself in California working at a drive thru. If you want to work. You just have to use the system here.

The system...lol.

Courtesy of The "Middle Class" and well off who pay taxes.

It is called the welfare state, save your self some long walls of text.

edit on 30-6-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 6/30/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

In 2020‑21, CFAP benefits were $69 million General Fund ($165 average monthly per person), and administration costs were $2.5 million General Fund

Oh no, some of California's 3.4 Trillion GDP growth will go to food stamps and some health care benefits... how will they ever recover?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

In 2020‑21, CFAP benefits were $69 million General Fund ($165 average monthly per person), and administration costs were $2.5 million General Fund

Oh no, some of California's 3.4 Trillion GDP growth will go to food stamps and some health care benefits... how will they ever recover?

That's not the point, but you already know that.
edit on 6/30/2022 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What is the point? Most of California's taxes come from corporations. They can do what they want with their tax money, states rights, right?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The saying " don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" seems apt for the actions of government lately. "It's for your safety' "stop climate change" "stop the spread' "share the wealth", all that feel-good phraseology is the preface before they stuff it in your backside. It's beyond galling, past let them cake...to imagine a boot stomping on a human face, forever.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Isn't California also sending out "inflation stimulus checks"??? Literally CAUSING that specific (and HUGE) problem to get worse?

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ofleming

Isn't California also sending out "inflation stimulus checks"??? Literally CAUSING that specific (and HUGE) problem to get worse?

That is a state sponsored election advertisement. If one reads the
fine print, it doesn't actually materialize for most people, but your
right, it will cost a fortune.
edit on 30-6-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

They also have a record budget SURPLUS.

And are giving some citizens $1500 to help pay for gas.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Evenflo

Are you jealous or something?

Here's a fun fact, most of California's energy is privately run. So is it's agriculture and technology sector.
Damn those Commiefornia's! How dare they bring in such wealth and then just give it away to the poor for food and health care.
edit on 30-6-2022 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

sure, why not. Perhaps give them all a nice house in the Hollywood Hills? But be sure to spit on the homeless vets on your way to the bank.

But vets are all big bad white supremacists that had it coming to them for being white, right ?....including the black "uncle Tom" vets...riiiighttt ....

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I would say it lays to rest the notion that progressive policies are not economically feasible.

The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Well, that's the short way of putting it.

I disagree with you on the echo chamber comment about the middle class disappearing.

Middle class is quite huge here. (At least in this county)

The cut off for middle class in California (according to this banking site) is:

2-person family middle-class income range: $52,681 to $157,258
3-person family middle-class income range: $57,796 to $172,524
4-person family middle-class income range: $66,091 to $197,288

And that's almost everyone in my age group. No bread winner households really. Less family housholds. A lot more roommate or working couple situations where each person's 41k a year plus makes for droves and droves of middle income neighborhood of millennials walking dogs.

I want to know where this myth of the welfare state eroding the middle class came from, because its not really apparent in San Diego at least.

Because even every Uber driver and bartender/server here is "middle class income" if they exceed $22 dollars an hour. The average tipped service sector employee clears that on a bad day. And that's a lot of people..

Friends of mine. One bartender, one cook, one delivery driver, one Zoo employee. Basically the 4 guys from Half Baked rented a 4 bedroom in one of the Beaches for 3,800/month 5 blocks from the ocean. They were a 4 person household exceeding 120k a year. And Spicolii surfing stoners. And technically a middle class household.

Where are you getting this false image of California from?
edit on 30-6-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Evenflo

Clearly not since the most 'progressive' states other than Texas are the most money makers for the USA.

I don't think you realize how wealthy California is, and how much of it IS actually privatized. Most of it's health care and energy sector is privately run, almost all of it's water treatment is as well, and it's not very smoothly run.

This whole notion that California is this state capitalist run zone is a falsehood.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Need to give California back to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Jesus and we thought people were fleeing the state before.

I think if I lived there but couldnt afford to move, I would pack my car when I saved enough gas money to get out of the state and settle wherever I ran out of gas.

Working at a gas station in a non-insane state would have to be a better life.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I don't know why so many pro-abortionists ask like abortion is illegal in the U.S., when you have states that will continue to keep it legal and even pay for the murder.

Just like you'll have states that shelter illegal aliens, and take care of them.

In America, you or me are free to relocate to any state that offers what we're looking for.

People walk to America with nothing, and live comfortably.

Any U.S. citizen can travel to another state and stay there, if they don't like the limits placed on them in their current state.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

If you are in San Diego you can thank the military
for your sponsorship. Otherwise it is property owners
footing the bill.

I don”t recall saying the MC is disappearing.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Whoops, I misread that. My mistake and apologies for doing that.

I applied the context of The erosion of the middle class. Totally on me.

State taxes are the highest but still not that bad. Most people it's 7 to 9.3%. Top being 13.3%, lowest 1%.

It's one of those "if you don't like it go to one of the 9 states with no income tax like Elon Musk" things.

But's that's how the state pays for everything deemed excessive. It's the trade off of wanting to live here.

And the Military built this town no doubt. And also others. Defence contractors are still huge here. So is biotech, and microprocessor manufacturing. Doesnt change their workers or resident servicemen paying the state income taxes.
edit on 30-6-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join