It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hot is your area this week?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Way way hotter than normal.

I grow peanuts and yesterday it was so hot that the leaves burned. Like someone had held a lighter to them.
Never seen that before!

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here
This state is growing by LEAPS and BOUNDS. People are fleeing the high taxes (they voted for) up north.
I would like to think that they learned their lesson and realize what caused the environment they fled from, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JAGStorm

Way way hotter than normal.

I grow peanuts and yesterday it was so hot that the leaves burned. Like someone had held a lighter to them.
Never seen that before!

Our gardens have all been stifled due to an unseasonably cold spring, but the last few days they have made up for that. I did notice a lot of the trees in our area are stressed. Guess they don’t like a 50 degree temp change in a hours!

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Still 22,000 without power from the storm 3 days ago and a low of 80 last night here in southwest Michigan.

AHHHHHH

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Still 22,000 without power from the storm 3 days ago and a low of 80 last night here in southwest Michigan.

AHHHHHH

Just heard we are getting another massive round of storms today and there is such a high chance of tornados that chasers are coming to our area! More hail too.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I don’t know what is going on with the weather but we were using a heated blanket earlier this week and now we are being told it might get to
105 with the head index. A 40-50 degree temp change in a matter of hours is pretty crazy.

My husband and I went out and bought an extra window unit for our house. When they built our house they built it for our climate which is cold 90% of the time. What happens is in the summer one room that faces South West cooks. It doesn’t help that it has a lot of windows and turns into almost a greenhouse. A split system should have been used but oh well.

So let’s predict what will come next….

-Blackouts?
-Heat related deaths because people can’t afford air conditioning?
-Wildfires?
-Water restrictions (not for us as we are on well but for people out west esp)
-high gas prices, you know just cuz!
-and our personal favorite, people going cra cra and RIOTs! Nothing brings the crazies out like the heat.

Upcoming 10-day forecast... Nothing unusual......if it was the middle of July or August. Normally Junes around here are 88 to 93. The UV rays are pretty hot, so much so - in fact - that you can see a haze a mile ahead of and a mile behind you if you're on an open stretch of highway. Our pool is like a sauna when we get in it after work, but the heat doesn't really bother me unless I'm knelt down doing something tedious like cleaning the rims on my truck or constantly bending down to pick up the pruned low hanging limbs from my trees. I blame that on being 43 and sitting in an office, lifeless, all day. Either way, I'm placing all of the blame for the heat on HAARP and increased solar activity. Nothing green energy related would help this one single bit, nor would it combat it.

Edit to add: Plus you'll notice wind in the forecast which is very odd (I've noticed a lot of wind recently). We NEVER have Summer wind which always makes it feel even hotter. I would also assume the average heat index for those temps will be around 110°F to 115°F.

edit on 15-6-2022 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Absolutely beautiful weather here today in liberal Connecticut. Beautiful day 80 degrees and very low humidity.

Very nice. Off topic, but I was rooting for Uconn to beat Stanford in the baseball Super Regionals this past weekend.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I went camping and canoeing this weekend and got my 3rd sunburn ever in my life, and it's to be hotter than that for at least the next 2 weeks. I don't want to put on clothes and go to work today.

So show up in your underroos and dress shoes, what's the worst that can happen?

All jokes aside, I stopped watching the news a while back and now the channel I go to when I get home, and keep it on, is Weather Nation. While watching last week, they said there is a big heatwave moving across the U.S., I don't know where you're located but if it's anywhere other than the Pacific NW then you're in this heatwave. I've also noticed there have been a lot of severe storms across America this year because of cold fronts hitting areas hotter than usual.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Looks like some wicked storms are headed your way today.
It is also cutting right through most of Wisconsin but looks like they are saying the worst of the winds will
be in the UP of Michigan

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Some of that haze might be dust off the Sahara. There was a story in our news about how it was killing our air quality all the way up in KC this morning.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some of that haze might be dust off the Sahara. There was a story in our news about how it was killing our air quality all the way up in KC this morning.

It's back again???

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Not 1 hot day yet, dribs and drabs of sun, mixed with overcast and or rain

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i saw the news on Yellowstone.

floods and slides.

damn.

just rain here, but its asia

normal temps,80's.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We are having a pretty much unprecedented spring in B.C. no sun, just wet enough to be irritating. Last year the place was literally on fire at this time, temps hit 47 in one place, the town burned down, we also had unprecedented flooding.

When it all melts(late), going to be more flooding.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its only Wednesday, an had worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So while ducking the heat and blazing sun in the AC…how are those gardens gonna handle this? Because there is some relief this weekend, then right back into the double broiler.
edit on 15-6-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's back again???

Apparently, as opposed to smoke off the Western fires which was the last thing that created nasty haze.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think it was something like 93* in Grand Rapids, so similarly scorching here.

And our window unit seems to be dying, or might just need a coolant servicing. Either way, when we can get it to kick in, we have 70s in the bedroom.
When we can't, it's low 90s like it was earlier.

That's a south facing upper floor bedroom, the north facing one opposite the hall is a solid 10* cooler year-round (heavy/dense shade trees overhanging that one)

The living room was 88* when I checked after the bedroom sauna upstairs. In other words, not much better. Rest of the ground floor clocked in about the same with the north facing rooms still being a few degrees cooler.

Everyone's camped out in the basement, its been 70* most of the day down here. # you, Summer, I'm a mole until you go away.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We went to practice Monday night and the AC was out. It was sparring night in gear in an unairconditioned space. It was in the high 90s all day.

I haven't had a workout in conditions like that since I was much, much younger.

We took frequent breaks to breathe and drink, of course. No one wanted anyone passing out or getting heat exhaustion, but it was an interesting night.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The polar and the tropical jet streams are merging, not only that they are wandering in big loops. Cold air precipitates the moisture out of the warm air, hence the flooding. The interglacial is over. Queensland is freezing at the moment with one of the big loops coming from Antarctica. You ain't seen nothing yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join