It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hot is your area this week?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
apparently its hot enough to kill thousands of cows? yeah right.. its hot outside but is it that hot? makes it hard to believe that were still eating burgers in 2022 if a little heat kills of herds of cows.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
COVID-19 Enforcement and Compliance

Heatwave Enforcement and Compliance

Europe heatwave: Outdoor events banned in parts of France

Outdoor public events have been banned in an area of France as a record breaking heatwave sweeps across Europe.

Concerts and large public gatherings have been called off in the Gironde department around Bordeaux.

On Thursday, parts of France hit 40C earlier in the year than ever before, with temperatures expected to peak on Saturday.

Scientists say periods of intense heat are becoming more frequent and longer lasting as a result of global warming.

edit on 53065330am302022Fri, 17 Jun 2022 10:53:20 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Very warm, then cool. Its been up and down. 90s for early June, then a dip back into the low 80s with rain off and on. So far its been a pretty typical June only slightly more muggy than normal. Low 90s today, upper 80s yesterday, the weekend will be in the low to mid 70s. Beautiful like last weekend.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Gretta's a local band for me and I think their second album is much better than their first. Now that they have relocated to Nashville we'll see what happens.

a reply to: LSU2018

77 for a high today back to 90+ Monday

Hometown band support is always cool. Copying other bands sounds is well, copying. Be a cover band lol. It’s hardly original artistry, but if that’s enough for some, more power to em. It’s 72, nice breeze here.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Certainly not hot enough to kill 10.000 cows.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
COVID-19 Enforcement and Compliance

Heatwave Enforcement and Compliance

Europe heatwave: Outdoor events banned in parts of France

Outdoor public events have been banned in an area of France as a record breaking heatwave sweeps across Europe.

Concerts and large public gatherings have been called off in the Gironde department around Bordeaux.

On Thursday, parts of France hit 40C earlier in the year than ever before, with temperatures expected to peak on Saturday.

Scientists say periods of intense heat are becoming more frequent and longer lasting as a result of global warming.

I noticed the screenshot before i read your message and right away thought the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The temp change you keep talking about is crazy.

I feel like we need to pay more attention to that.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The temp change you keep talking about is crazy.

I feel like we need to pay more attention to that.

Today our heat index will be 100-105.

Yes it gets hot here, but this seems weird. It’s also a bit early, normally we don’t see these temps in June.
I know it’s not normal because I go by what is growing. Talk to any gardener or farmer and they will all tell you this is odd for this time of year.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We have yet to have a single hot day, hell, not even more than a few hrs sun, before some dark clouds and overcast, that sometimes deliver some rain. I don't ever recall a lamer spring.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the heating of the planet got so much worse after solar farms were built?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
Has anyone noticed that the heating of the planet got so much worse after solar farms were built?

No

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Bunch of weenies. My wife and I laid out by the pool for 3 hours and it was 103° with a 122° heat index. Sure I could hardly breathe in the stifling heat and I hurt for the next few days because I didn't use sunscreen, but was right back out there a few days later. Our bodies need sunlight for more Vitamin D, better sleep, serotonin, to cure jaundice (filtered sunlight), and recently scientists think the sun can shrink fat cells, leading to weight loss.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Better start growing tropical climate vegetables. And find some edible animals that can take the heat better than cows, pigs, and chickens.

We need to prepare.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Better start growing tropical climate vegetables. And find some edible animals that can take the heat better than cows, pigs, and chickens.

We need to prepare.

Im a seasoned gardener and this year my edible crops suck big time.
That’s the other thing people don’t realize some years are terrible crop years so you have to make up for that during the good ones.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Cold ,Wet and Very Cloudy pretty normal for the north of Scotland

Same crap different day ,cold wet cloudy with added wind

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Finally got some heat in central alaska, high 80s low 90s, so of course it was also the weekend of the airshow.

Gods flashlight sucks on the tarmac on days like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is the wettest summer in Oklahoma history, if im not mistaken, so i def haven't dealt with extreme heat here this summer. It will however be in the upper 90-100 the next two weeks so i guess the top is coming off the jeep for a while.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
this June was on average 7 degrees cooler than last year according to my smart thermostat report. But it does tickle me to see folks from Florida talking about it being hot in summer time.

It's a feature.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is new normal. Heat breaking record will be unstoppable. Enjoy this while it last before it trigger ice age. Within 3-7 years.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hate to be the spoiler here, but it's been colder than usual where I live.

We have only had a few days in the 70s this entire spring and summer so far.

Last night it got cold. The wind was blowing outside so hard that it woke me up. That kind of wind isn't normal for this time of year either.

I had the strangest thought when it woke me up, half asleep.... I actually thought, 'Oh no! Is that the magnetic pole shift'

Its not blowing this morning but still cold !

I live north of Los Angeles about 60 miles.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join